• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reds fanbase

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hearing people cry about "the shitty fanbase" for years. I was just looking at last years numbers and they may surprise you. But of course, if you pay attention instead of whining, they shouldnt be surprising at all.

Reds attendance last season averaged 27,327. thats two thousand more a game than 2010. This season is about 400 less a game so far.

The attendance at games is a huge crying point for people who talk about payroll. Sure the stadium is usually 65% full, but the attendance (or lack there of) may pay off huge down the road.

The average ticket price for a reds game in 2010 was $38.95. The seating capacity of GABP is 42,059. I'm using 80 home games a season because shit happens sometimes. That means the money that could be made through ticket sales is slightly more than $131 million a year. Now subtract 65% of that number and it means we are missing out on a possible $46 million a year.

Now the reds contract with WLW will expire at the end of this season, and while the terms of how much they make through that arent public, what is public is the fact that the reds have the highest radio audience in all of baseball. In fact, when the Reds play, 25% of all radios in Cincinnati are tuned in. The Reds are the ones who make all the advertising money off the broadcast on WLW and 68 affiliate stations.

The contract with Fox Sports is the only bad point. It does not expire until 2016 and the Reds only get $10 million a year. Even with the bad season last year, the Reds still pulled in the 5th highest ratings with 7.2 % of all household TV's in the market area (~200,000 TV's if you count the Dayton area). Some major deals have happened lately between teams and their broadcast partners that could make the Reds a boatload of cash come contract time. The Angels signed a deal worth $150 mil/year for 20 years. The Rangers get $80 mil/year from their deal and the Tigers $100 mil/year.

So next time complains, tell them to shut the hell up and turn their TV on.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah people need to stop complaining about it sir

though I'm not sure on the attendence numbers

apparently the attendence tonight was only a little over 17,000 but it looked like a lot more than that.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
official is 17,606.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
official is 17,606.

yeah that was it, it looked like a lot more than that though.

It was Kid Glove night, so there were almost an extra 5,600 tickets that may not have been included in the count per this release

The Reds homered four times Monday night to support Mike Leake’s gem in a 4-1 victory over the Atlanta Braves before a crowd of 17,606 (plus 5,548 Kid Glove tickets) at Great American Ball Park.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have hearing people cry about "the shitty fanbase" for years. I was just looking at last years numbers and they may surprise you. But of course, if you pay attention instead of whining, they shouldnt be surprising at all.

Reds attendance last season averaged 27,327. thats two thousand more a game than 2010. This season is about 400 less a game so far.

The attendance at games is a huge crying point for people who talk about payroll. Sure the stadium is usually 65% full, but the attendance (or lack there of) may pay off huge down the road.

The average ticket price for a reds game in 2010 was $38.95. The seating capacity of GABP is 42,059. I'm using 80 home games a season because shit happens sometimes. That means the money that could be made through ticket sales is slightly more than $131 million a year. Now subtract 65% of that number and it means we are missing out on a possible $46 million a year.

Now the reds contract with WLW will expire at the end of this season, and while the terms of how much they make through that arent public, what is public is the fact that the reds have the highest radio audience in all of baseball. In fact, when the Reds play, 25% of all radios in Cincinnati are tuned in. The Reds are the ones who make all the advertising money off the broadcast on WLW and 68 affiliate stations.

The contract with Fox Sports is the only bad point. It does not expire until 2016 and the Reds only get $10 million a year. Even with the bad season last year, the Reds still pulled in the 5th highest ratings with 7.2 % of all household TV's in the market area (~200,000 TV's if you count the Dayton area). Some major deals have happened lately between teams and their broadcast partners that could make the Reds a boatload of cash come contract time. The Angels signed a deal worth $150 mil/year for 20 years. The Rangers get $80 mil/year from their deal and the Tigers $100 mil/year.

So next time complains, tell them to shut the hell up and turn their TV on.

Interesting stuff! GO REDS!!!!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Kid Glove night, so there were almost an extra 5,600 tickets that may not have been included in the count per this release

true that would put it over 23,000 but I felt like there was even more than that.