• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Red Wings @ Lightning - Game 7

postmaster

RIP Steve
Hoopla Cash
$ 250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where the whole Wings fan are just happy to make the playoffs, lose in the first round and are happy with it is coming from. Of course we want more, but in reality, the fault lies with Holland and we know this. We have completely whiffed on free agency in the last 3 years. If we were to land a top 2 Dman and maybe a second top 4 Dman in the offseason, not only would our expectations have been higher, we would have likely won the last series. I was concerned that we would not even make the playoffs with the free agent miss this last year coupled with the last 2 years previous. You don't get high impact draft picks to plug immediately in when you have been making the playoffs year after year.

I also think the most egregious mistake by Holland was offering Franzen that long term deal when Hossa wanted the same thing and would have signed something VERY similar, maybe a little bit more cash but not much more.

aar000n

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know where the whole Wings fan are just happy to make the playoffs, lose in the first round and are happy with it is coming from. Of course we want more, but in reality, the fault lies with Holland and we know this. We have completely whiffed on free agency in the last 3 years. If we were to land a top 2 Dman and maybe a second top 4 Dman in the offseason, not only would our expectations have been higher, we would have likely won the last series. I was concerned that we would not even make the playoffs with the free agent miss this last year coupled with the last 2 years previous. You don't get high impact draft picks to plug immediately in when you have been making the playoffs year after year.

I also think the most egregious mistake by Holland was offering Franzen that long term deal when Hossa wanted the same thing and would have signed something VERY similar, maybe a little bit more cash but not much more.
While I am not happy I see progression in the team. This team is close and to be honest injuries killed in the end. Imagine if Franzen and cole had remained.

The Hossa thing is really awesome in hindsight at the time franzen was on fire and Hossa was not. The reason we booed him was the no show in the playoffs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
While I am not happy I see progression in the team. This team is close and to be honest injuries killed in the end. Imagine if Franzen and cole had remained.

The Hossa thing is really awesome in hindsight at the time franzen was on fire and Hossa was not. The reason we booed him was the no show in the playoffs.

Hossa was playing injured as was Pavel in those playoffs.