• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Red Sox pitching Sucks!!! Baseball Dead in Boston...Brady Brady Brady

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at Verlander's stats and he has 22K's through 34 innings of work. His ERA sits at an abysmal 6.62.

I don't know who this imposter is but I want the real Justin Verlander back.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just looking at Verlander's stats and he has 22K's through 34 innings of work. His ERA sits at an abysmal 6.62.

he died 2 years ago

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm good with the imposter. Long may he live.

Also, can't thank the Tigers enough for letting Scherzer walk.

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look what some Sox fan posted on another board I go to. :lol:

This will be one of my final posts for the year. There is no need to keep beating a dead horse.

I have therefore decided to live on the Yankees board. Whoever they play and whenever they play. I will be there to dissect their every move.

No point is talking about these past four games. It is what it is. The Red Sox would have needed a split at least to show that there may be hope in this season. A four game sweep did just the opposite.

The Red Sox will not rise like a Phoenix from the fire. They have been burnt beyond recognition.

A team that had had hope and promise early on decided to embark on a trip of self-destruction. Starting with the likes of Napoli and Ortiz who have struggled beyond reason.

The few glimmering moments that were provided did pique curiosity from time to time. But there was no heart. There was no hustle. And there was no pitching. Save for a brief run by Buchholz.

This team is an embarrassment to the city. They have destroyed what faith may have been in Red Sox Nation. They are a pariah.

I am beyond angry at Red Sox ownership and management on their futile effort to place a competing team on the field. A lack of consistent run production. A pitching staff of has-beens and what ifs. Several pitchers thought to be the type that would keep a hit all on the ground, instead chose to allow sky rocket after sky rocket leave the various stadiums and parks.

The only thing left for this team is to clean house. Rid the city of the vermin who refuse to act and perform professionally. The manager, coaches and staff should have been place on a pay for performance rate. Then they might have actually cared.

Farrell will be gone soon. Cherington maybe even sooner. Napoli will be out. Ortiz, who knows.

The underperforming players will be discarded like a cheap dishrag. What will come about next year is anyone's guess.

But the bottom line is that this team has not come within a galaxy of performing as they should. They are an embarrassment to themselves and the league.

Go Red Sox !!! Simply put...Go AWAY !!

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This will be one of my final posts for the year. There is no need to keep beating a dead horse.

I have therefore decided to live on the Yankees board. Whoever they play and whenever they play. I will be there to dissect their every move.

No point is talking about these past four games. It is what it is. The Red Sox would have needed a split at least to show that there may be hope in this season. A four game sweep did just the opposite.

The Red Sox will not rise like a Phoenix from the fire. They have been burnt beyond recognition.

A team that had had hope and promise early on decided to embark on a trip of self-destruction. Starting with the likes of Napoli and Ortiz who have struggled beyond reason.

The few glimmering moments that were provided did pique curiosity from time to time. But there was no heart. There was no hustle. And there was no pitching. Save for a brief run by Buchholz.

This team is an embarrassment to the city. They have destroyed what faith may have been in Red Sox Nation. They are a pariah.

I am beyond angry at Red Sox ownership and management on their futile effort to place a competing team on the field. A lack of consistent run production. A pitching staff of has-beens and what ifs. Several pitchers thought to be the type that would keep a hit all on the ground, instead chose to allow sky rocket after sky rocket leave the various stadiums and parks.

The only thing left for this team is to clean house. Rid the city of the vermin who refuse to act and perform professionally. The manager, coaches and staff should have been place on a pay for performance rate. Then they might have actually cared.

Farrell will be gone soon. Cherington maybe even sooner. Napoli will be out. Ortiz, who knows.

The underperforming players will be discarded like a cheap dishrag. What will come about next year is anyone's guess.

But the bottom line is that this team has not come within a galaxy of performing as they should. They are an embarrassment to themselves and the league.

Incredibly, Mike Napoli is in the starting lineup today. How can this be? Is this not Major League Baseball? The guy is an offensive and defensive liability.

"But... but... but... he's 'great in the clubhouse!'" :L

jctoo

cult elitist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
awwwww ... the new Boston Red Sox ... the dumping ground for ex Texas Rangers players ... and we see how well the Rangers are doing ... *sigh* ... damn you Nelson Cruz ...

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incredibly, Mike Napoli is in the starting lineup today. How can this be? Is this not Major League Baseball? The guy is an offensive and defensive liability.

"But... but... but... he's 'great in the clubhouse!'" :L

Napoli plays his best against his former teams ~ Rangers & Angels ~ and sucks against everyone else...AND why is Brock Holt not in the regular line-up and batting #2? If you want to see why Farrell is a lousy manager, look no further than his handling of the line-up...starting Ortiz against a lefty when he could have used Holt? And fans wonder why the Sox keep losing.

The Red Sox are so feeble and pathetic that their opponents don’t bother to waste pitching their aces. Dallas Keuchel isn’t scheduled to pitch in this series after not pitching when these 2 teams squared off a few weeks ago.

Now, as for my team the Jays. Still a mystery to me why they're even going to bother throwing Felix Doubront given all the off days they've had. Especially since he projects to start against Sonny Gray. Ideally Doubront will be back in the minors following the trade deadline so it's not that important to keep him stretched out. In order to be buyers at the deadline however they need series wins against Oakland and Seattle.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never going to happen. His velocity has been dropping for a few years. It started even before his core issues. He may still have some good years in him, but he's going to have to learn to pitching without relying on that ridiculous fastball that he had.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tell him Slinky thinks he's a whiney, melodramatic bitch. :thumb:

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get swept coming out of a break, that just screams of a manager who is not motivating his players. How can the Red Sox talk about bringing Farrell back?

I'm more worried about the fact that Farrell's a horrible tactical manager.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox fans whining about Ortiz reminds me of Yankees fans last season bitching about Jeter. Uh, yeah, he got old. His skills diminished. What did you expect lol

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never going to happen. His velocity has been dropping for a few years. It started even before his core issues. He may still have some good years in him, but he's going to have to learn to pitching without relying on that ridiculous fastball that he had.

There were some signs of concern in 2013 as well. His walk rate went up from 2.3 to 3.1. He was laboring in a lot of games.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox fans whining about Ortiz reminds me of Yankees fans last season bitching about Jeter. Uh, yeah, he got old. His skills diminished. What did you expect lol

See the post above. Ortiz can still hit righties very well (.274/.387/.528), but against lefties, he's virtually been a pitcher (.155/.176/.247). Napoli can't hit righties at all, but he's still very effective against lefties. An Ortiz/Napoli platoon would make plenty of sense.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See the post above. Ortiz can still hit righties very well (.274/.387/.528), but against lefties, he's virtually been a pitcher (.155/.176/.247).
So he's Adam Lind without the fielding ability and with an extra $11 million pricetag.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli plays his best against his former teams ~ Rangers & Angels ~ and sucks against everyone else...AND why is Brock Holt not in the regular line-up and batting #2? If you want to see why Farrell is a lousy manager, look no further than his handling of the line-up...starting Ortiz against a lefty when he could have used Holt? And fans wonder why the Sox keep losing.

The Red Sox are so feeble and pathetic that their opponents don’t bother to waste pitching their aces. Dallas Keuchel isn’t scheduled to pitch in this series after not pitching when these 2 teams squared off a few weeks ago.

Now, as for my team the Jays. Still a mystery to me why they're even going to bother throwing Felix Doubront given all the off days they've had. Especially since he projects to start against Sonny Gray. Ideally Doubront will be back in the minors following the trade deadline so it's not that important to keep him stretched out. In order to be buyers at the deadline however they need series wins against Oakland and Seattle.

Because they're the Jays.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds like a pink hatter

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays @ Phillies

Who goes to these games?! :noidea: