• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Red Sox pitching Sucks!!! Baseball Dead in Boston...Brady Brady Brady

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp... Cherington and Company your skills at getting starting pitchers SUCKS!!! Trade everyone they are all bums!

Swept by the Angels and wow last night was terrible!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minor league baseball team sorry Corey Feldman was so far below expectations Newswire The A.V. Club

Minor league baseball team sorry Corey Feldman was “so far below expectations”

Not everyone can live like Corey Feldman, which is why the former child star has translated his $250-a-head VIP birthday experience into a live stage show, so the hoi polloi can experience, if only for one night, the magic of hanging with the Feld. That experience includes scantily clad women in Leg Avenue angel costumes as well as Feldman in a white T-shirt and sequined pants, spinning and moonwalking in tribute to his late friend Michael Jackson, with whom Feldman has a long-standing, actually kind of understandable obsession. (WhenMichael Jackson was a normalizing influence in your childhood, you must not have had much else to hang on to.) Here’s what attendees of the minor-league State College Spikes baseball game in State College, PA were treated to at last night’s game

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MCB: Justin Verlander is baseball's Tiger Woods

Justin Verlander has become baseball’s Tiger Woods. When he was at the top of his game, Verlander was the Cy Young and MYP. When Tiger Woods was at the top of his game, he left the field in a trail of dust. Now, both are shells of themselves.

The paths the two took there have both similarities and differences. Tiger Woods won his first of 14 majors in 1997, won the PGA Player of the Year Award in 1997, 1999-2003, 2005-2007, 2009, and 2013, and was a consistent major winner through 2008. The Tigers right-hander arrived on the scene for his first full season in 2006, was an all-star in 2007 and 2009-2013, and won the Cy Young and MVP in 2011.

When he was at the top of his game, Woods won at least five tournaments per year with double digit top-10 finishes. Woods won three tournaments in 2012 and five in 2013, but has not won one tournament since the beginning of 2014 with only two top-25 finishes. Verlander had an ERA under 3.50 every season from 2009-2013, but had not been under 4.50 since.

Verlander did not have the same sharp downturn based off of one event like Tiger Woods after Thanksgiving of 2009, but both have had their share of injuries that have led to their downfalls. Tiger Woods ruptured his ACL in 2007, suffered knee injuries in 2008, injured his Achilles once again in 2011 and 2012, had back spasms in 2013, and still had a tight back in 2014.

Over the past two seasons, Verlander dealt with a core muscle injury, which hampered his entire 2014 season and strained triceps, which cost him the first half of the 2015 season. Now that he has returned and is completely healthy, Verlander has the velocity that he would have without an injury, but the results have not followed.

Woods and Verlander even sound the same after their performances. After his seven run outing against the Toronto Blue Jays, Verlander said, “There's two ways that you can approach this: you can look at the fifth inning and think negatively or you can look at the rest of it and look positively, and I'm not one to think negatively. I was really pleased with my stuff.”

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seasons been over since may buddy.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one former federal judge stated on TV....."Where's the proof that Tom Brady actually did anything?" He said that if this came before him in his court, he'd tell the parties that he would not seat a jury. He'd make a bench ruling and throw the NFL out on their ear. Even in civil court there has to be some burden of proof that something was done by a person or that there is proof that the person knew something. The NFL has only a suspicion by an investigator, paid for by the league.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my company is getting new neighbors literally within a stones throw of my office

a marijuana farm

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his seven run outing against the Toronto Blue Jays, Verlander said, “There's two ways that you can approach this: you can look at the fifth inning and think negatively or you can look at the rest of it and look positively, and I'm not one to think negatively. I was really pleased with my stuff.”

After his most recent seven run outing against the Baltimore Orioles, Verlander said, "There's two ways that you can approach this: you can look at the box scores, or even my season stats as a whole and think negatively or you can go online and find pictures of my cum all over Kate Upton's back and think positively, and I'm not one to think negatively.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his most recent seven run outing against the Baltimore Orioles, Verlander said, "There's two ways that you can approach this: you can look at the box scores, or even my season stats as a whole and think negatively or you can go online and find pictures of my cum all over Kate Upton's back and think positively, and I'm not one to think negatively.
talk about a guy falling apart before our eyes, quickly.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are there any Chinese buffets open around here at 9am?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boston's season is over why do I keep seeing them linked with rental players?

They're helpless in that regard.

The Padres are going to put together a little run and end up going after Hammels or someone else, then implode and have the worst payroll-to-wins ratio in the game today. Just watch. :L

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talk about a guy falling apart before our eyes, quickly.

Can't say I'm too torn up about it, either. Always seemed like such a smug son of a bitch.

When he was good, I used to love to see his face after someone cranked a HR off him. It was like "doesn't he know that I'm Justin Verlander."

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're helpless in that regard.

The Padres are going to put together a little run and end up going after Hammels or someone else, then implode and have the worst payroll-to-wins ratio in the game today. Just watch. :L

Hamels has been shit since June 1. 0-3 with a 5.56 ERA in eight starts. Given all the trade speculation surrounding him, I'm sure the Phillies front office is pleased with his recent outings. . .

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you get swept coming out of a break, that just screams of a manager who is not motivating his players. How can the Red Sox talk about bringing Farrell back?