• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Red Birds @ Los Angeles Doyers NLDS

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the heat clearly got to him. I'd take Kershaws worst stuff over a majority of MLB pitchers. Cardinals deserve credit too, but I get your point.

Cards definitely deserve a tip of the hat. They won. They capitalized. A team/pitcher can throw meat, but you still have to find gaps and deal with the pressure of winning a playoff game on the road. No doubt. Especially when your pitching is laying an egg, too.

Kershaw had a horrid inning, and it cost us the game because we are playing the Cards; you can't have a bad inning against them in October. Kershaw needs to figure out what happened, because that's not "WS or bust" and that's on no one but him.

Good to see our bats did well until the end, our defense was strong, and our bullpen really only made one mistake all night. All we can do is see what Greinke does tomorrow, and hope that everything else goes like it did tonight. Hopefully, Baez is done.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think Kershaw had his good stuff all game. His Velocity was down and also his control wasn't as sharp as it can be. But Kershaw knows how to get outs even when he is struggling. But when he started to give up base hit after base hit he was getting just too tired for his poor stuff he had all day. I watched Bumgarner pitch his first game. Now that was a gem on the big stage. Bumgarner was throwing bullets.

Bums a big time playoff pitcher.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cards definitely deserve a tip of the hat. They won. They capitalized. A team/pitcher can throw meat, but you still have to find gaps and deal with the pressure of winning a playoff game on the road. No doubt. Especially when your pitching is laying an egg, too.

Kershaw had a horrid inning, and it cost us the game because we are playing the Cards; you can't have a bad inning against them in October. Kershaw needs to figure out what happened, because that's not "WS or bust" and that's on no one but him.

Good to see our bats did well until the end, our defense was strong, and our bullpen really only made one mistake all night. All we can do is see what Greinke does tomorrow, and hope that everything else goes like it did tonight. Hopefully, Baez is done.

The bats doing well is what really makes this sting

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who then? Wilson? Howell? Elbert? League? Any of the clowns can and have imploded just like Baez.

At least they have playoff experience. Let's face it, the Cardinals were rolling on all cylinders in that inning. Throwing a largely unproven relief pitcher ahead of the others was just plain dumb.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who then? Wilson? Howell? Elbert? League? Any of the clowns can and have imploded just like Baez.

Anyone with more than 24 career innings pitched under his belt maybe? Nah, let's throw Pedro Baez in with a man in scoring position against the middle of the Cardinal order after they just knocked Kershaw out of the game. Genius idea.

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful for the Dodgers this season. But I was wondering how Dodgers could get in done with their sorry ass bullpen. Now the best hope Dodgers had got ravaged first game. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Greinke tomorrow can get the Dodgers back on top. Dodgers are hitting. And like I predicted Ellis is coming through in the post season.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but throw Jansen in there forget the bullpen at 7-5.

This is 3/5 series

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly is gone if they lose this series.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hopeful for the Dodgers this season. But I was wondering how Dodgers could get in done with their sorry ass bullpen. Now the best hope Dodgers had got ravaged first game. Nobody said it was going to be easy. Greinke tomorrow can get the Dodgers back on top. Dodgers are hitting. And like I predicted Ellis is coming through in the post season.

I just dropped in to read some posts..but actually wanted to give you props for your avy.

Would that be the legendary fearsome foursome ?
(Deacon Jones, Merlin Olsen, Rosey Grier & Lamar Lundy)??

If so....

:10:

Last edited by a moderator:

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Yoga That's the Fearsome Foursome. But with Roger Brown. Grier had a injured knee. I believe it's from a 1967 game they had to win to get into the playoffs. Game played at the Coliseum. I was 12 yrs old and listened to that game in my Grandmothers Kitchen. I was pacing back and forth. Exciting game won in the last seconds after a blocked Punt. Then Gabriel to Bernie Casey for a TD.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but throw Jansen in there forget the bullpen at 7-5.

This is 3/5 series

Well, many agree with you and do not understand why closers are saved for the last inning. Baseball seems to prefer an archaic approach to closers.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mattingly is gone if they lose this series.

Probably. I just can't pin this one on him completely. I really felt like he was damned if he did or didn't. You take our Kershaw (who has tightroped these situations better than anyone all season long) you are clobbered if you bring n the bullpen who may blow it.

Trust me, I do not like Mattingly. But this one I cannot put on him.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me ill to say it, but the Dodgers are always good for a bounce back win after an ass kicking. I wouldn't call this one over quite yet.

(hope that was a jinx! :hope:)

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes me ill to say it, but the Dodgers are always good for a bounce back win after an ass kicking. I wouldn't call this one over quite yet.

(hope that was a jinx! :hope:)

This team is fucked. They are demoralized while the Cardinals are reinvigorated.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers were 1 base hit away from tying the game, they aren't demoralized. It's going to be a tough series, but you already know this, you're just trolling lol.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers were 1 base hit away from tying the game, they aren't demoralized. It's going to be a tough series, but you already know this, you're just trolling lol.

I just wonder if Puig would have hit one out at that last at bat. Does that change the fact that no one is talking about how shitty Waino and the Cards played? I think it would have gone down that the Dodgers won despite the fact that Kershaw had a bad game. But what would the narrative of the Cards be? Waino and half their bullpen gave it up?

Even if he only got a base hit, the fact that the tying run was 90 feet away from home (and even an infield hit would have scored him) apparently excuses everything other than "the Cardinals are invigorated."

overtone22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be up 2-0 in this series, were it not for Mattingly's blunder in leaving Kershaw in. I'm still confident the Dodgers will pull it out, but it may go 5 games now.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I look at it, Game 1 and Game 2 didn't even happen... completely irrelevant now

Chilipepper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers got too much talent and heart and also payback on their minds to lose. Dodgers take the next two.