• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recruiting Thread:

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it posted on another board that Matt Elam cancelled his scheduled trip to Alabama. I think there are a number of factors at play here. #1 he recently hosted Kentucky coaches and I still think their the favorite for him, #2 as posted by others here, Bama just hit on some JUCO D-linemen and I think another big time DL recruit in this class, they are loading up in front, #3, the ever persistent rumors of Saban going to Texas.

Anyway, it looks like its down to two, us and Kentucky. My gut tells me its likely 70-30 he stays in state, but I still think he's probably the biggest must get player we need this cycle. Holley has already eliminated us, so the field of attainable defensive linemen is ever shrinking.

Our DL recruiting is shaky. Dickerson is hurt and who knows if he'll fully recover (he seems to think so but really, what else would you expect him to say), Jay Hayes looks the part, but he's from NY, as were J. Jones and I. Williams, neither one has overwhelmed and both have question marks about just how really talented they are or can be. I don't know if they're targeting anyone else, but I will be pretty disappointed in this class if he doesn't sign (and keep, guess we have to add that qualifier now) his LOI with ND.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard it posted on another board that Matt Elam cancelled his scheduled trip to Alabama. I think there are a number of factors at play here. #1 he recently hosted Kentucky coaches and I still think their the favorite for him, #2 as posted by others here, Bama just hit on some JUCO D-linemen and I think another big time DL recruit in this class, they are loading up in front, #3, the ever persistent rumors of Saban going to Texas.

Anyway, it looks like its down to two, us and Kentucky. My gut tells me its likely 70-30 he stays in state, but I still think he's probably the biggest must get player we need this cycle. Holley has already eliminated us, so the field of attainable defensive linemen is ever shrinking.

Our DL recruiting is shaky. Dickerson is hurt and who knows if he'll fully recover (he seems to think so but really, what else would you expect him to say), Jay Hayes looks the part, but he's from NY, as were J. Jones and I. Williams, neither one has overwhelmed and both have question marks about just how really talented they are or can be. I don't know if they're targeting anyone else, but I will be pretty disappointed in this class if he doesn't sign (and keep, guess we have to add that qualifier now) his LOI with ND.

Elam will pick us. I have a feeling. Kentucky is the easy pick for him and I think they have a good class but overall a chance to get a ND degree and play ND football has to be too much to give up.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama being out of the running isn't shocking considering who they picked up in the past week.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also ESPN now have Blake Barnett as an 82 4 star #64 in their ESPNJr 300

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update: 4 star WR Quick has us and Oklahoma in his final 2 and it looks like ND has the advantage. This would be a great pick up for the Irish.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick would be a great pick up considering McKenzie may not be able to get in.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised purguy didn't scoop this yet but I heard Tristan Hoge committed. Supposedly # 1 center in 2015 class. Seems like we are putting together a pretty good 2015 class but we need to close out the 2014 class.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good start for 2015. Finish 2014 with a bowl win , Elam, Lautua, Smith and Quick... Those would be great stocking stuffers.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprised purguy didn't scoop this yet but I heard Tristan Hoge committed. Supposedly # 1 center in 2015 class. Seems like we are putting together a pretty good 2015 class but we need to close out the 2014 class.

I'm reading an article about it now, another big commitment for the 2015 class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes another big pick up for the 2015 class. This looks like its going to be a very good class. We are ranked 11th right now with only 3 recruits. We are building our Oline. These last 3 years we have recruited some top Olinemen.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 top O-Lineman in the 2015 class with more to come I'm sure. I'm guessing they will be taking 4 to 5 O-Lineman in every class.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated News:

All signs are pointing to Ju Ju Smith Picking ND. This would be a BIG pick up for ND. Coach Denbrock is doing a great job here.

Tyler Luatua wants to wait for All American game but it looks like he cant hold it in anymore and might do it on his Birthday Dec 16th. He is all Irish here. Another Great pick up.

Another nice recruit that is leaning ND's way is 4 star Michiah Quick. Its between ND and Oklahoma on this one. Palying time is reason he might pick ND here. I guess he was told he would have a shot to be the PR and KR right away if he wins the job. He is a type of player the ND needs to improve their return game. People say he is electric.

Waiting in the wings is CB Erik Brown. he is committed to Cal but word is he told the staff that if they offer he will switch to ND and understands that he needs to wait and see if ND doesn't land their other prospects. He knows he is plan B but is ok with it.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated News:

All signs are pointing to Ju Ju Smith Picking ND. This would be a BIG pick up for ND. Coach Denbrock is doing a great job here.

Tyler Luatua wants to wait for All American game but it looks like he cant hold it in anymore and might do it on his Birthday Dec 16th. He is all Irish here. Another Great pick up.

Another nice recruit that is leaning ND's way is 4 star Michiah Quick. Its between ND and Oklahoma on this one. Palying time is reason he might pick ND here. I guess he was told he would have a shot to be the PR and KR right away if he wins the job. He is a type of player the ND needs to improve their return game. People say he is electric.

Waiting in the wings is CB Erik Brown. he is committed to Cal but word is he told the staff that if they offer he will switch to ND and understands that he needs to wait and see if ND doesn't land their other prospects. He knows he is plan B but is ok with it.

Are we in on another DB that I'm unaware of ? I know Jabrill Peppers was taking visits but I didn't hear if Notre Dame was a place he was looking at, otherwise take the commitment from the Brown and get another top CB commit. As for the other guys I would love to land Quick, Smith, and Luatua but the one they really need is Elam after him it's all a bonus. I would also like to land Morgan and/or Sykes to play ILB I've hear Yeargin is taking visits so I'm not sure how solid his commitment is and with McKenzie possibly not qualifying it opens a few more spots in this class. I've also heard they might over sign, they want to be at 85 scholarship players at the start of the season.

eric5577x

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Poe, take Brown now. After this yr, we need to get some guys in.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the updated Purguy! Hope your right on all of them. We need Elam too.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we in on another DB that I'm unaware of ? I know Jabrill Peppers was taking visits but I didn't hear if Notre Dame was a place he was looking at, otherwise take the commitment from the Brown and get another top CB commit. As for the other guys I would love to land Quick, Smith, and Luatua but the one they really need is Elam after him it's all a bonus. I would also like to land Morgan and/or Sykes to play ILB I've hear Yeargin is taking visits so I'm not sure how solid his commitment is and with McKenzie possibly not qualifying it opens a few more spots in this class. I've also heard they might over sign, they want to be at 85 scholarship players at the start of the season.

year gin just said he was 100% Irish. Ju Ju would be a big pick up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the updated Purguy! Hope your right on all of them. We need Elam too.

I hope we get Elam but it sounds like he is all Kentucky now. Losing Diaco hurt a little but who knows. Lets just hope.

I guess they have someone in mind instead of Brown. Unless its other positions they are waiting on before they offer Brown.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't land Elam it will hurt but at least Jaron Jones has showed he can handle it late in the year.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just picked up TWO linebackers today, although I don't think either were big time recruits.