• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Record in May?

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Agreed. I never saw that exchange. The owner's remarks are unconscionable. One can disagree, but that is beyond rude. If my comments here help to put coin in his pocket, I've got some real soul searching to do.

What other sites are there?

He is no doubt an a-hole, and he may ruin his site because of it. But in my mind it's 'pfft whatever'. The internet is full of those types, I still visit.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Agreed. I never saw that exchange. The owner's remarks are unconscionable. One can disagree, but that is beyond rude. If my comments here help to put coin in his pocket, I've got some real soul searching to do.

Guy can be a bit of a d, but he is just a message board talker. You gotta remember that we have a special community here that doesn't exist in very many places on the inter-webz.

This place has the best interface and we mod the place ourselves. We will not get that combination anywhere else.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is no doubt an a-hole, and he may ruin his site because of it. But in my mind it's 'pfft whatever'. The internet is full of those types, I still visit.

yup...

uh huh...

mmm hmmmm...

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guy can be a bit of a d, but he is just a message board talker. You gotta remember that we have a special community here that doesn't exist in very many places on the inter-webz.

This place has the best interface and we mod the place ourselves. We will not get that combination anywhere else.

Yeah, jerks I can ignore or laugh at or eviscerate. But it's quite another thing if he is financially benefitting from it. That's my real issue.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, jerks I can ignore or laugh at or eviscerate. But it's quite another thing if he is financially benefitting from it. That's my real issue.

But as cal pointed out, he benefits very little from your patronage, or indeed from all of ours added up. On principle you might bail, but again as cal points out, it would be hard to find a place as good: mod ourselves, great interface, great group of posters, etc.

If filo had gone somehwere good I'd probably go too, and so would many of us. But I visited there and it wasn't nearly as good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
First time seeing that exchange between GP and Hammer, I don't look at any other boards other than this one, 49ers, Sharks - and Hammer seems like a dumb troll with a typical Giants vitriol. You would think an administrator would know when to stay out of a knife fight.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^ I'm with Mays fan

I didn't see that thread before and the guy was a total dick to posters who regularly contribute to this site.

I'm good with talking smack in the context of sports but this is the a**hole who paid his way into this cool site? Whoever said he was trolling his board members is right

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ I'm with Mays fan

I didn't see that thread before and the guy was a total dick to posters who regularly contribute to this site.

I'm good with talking smack in the context of sports but this is the a**hole who paid his way into this cool site? Whoever said he was trolling his board members is right

Pretty sure that was gp.

gp didn't pm any of you at the time? I find that very hard to believe that he would just bail on the site with no word to any of us. Filo was pissed, and left, but he communicated to us when he left.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But as cal pointed out, he benefits very little from your patronage, or indeed from all of ours added up. On principle you might bail, but again as cal points out, it would be hard to find a place as good: mod ourselves, great interface, great group of posters, etc.

If filo had gone somehwere good I'd probably go too, and so would many of us. But I visited there and it wasn't nearly as good.

Fair enough. The board itself is still pretty cool.

But I only have loyalty to the good collection of Giants fans here, not this shitty new owner and his actions are chasing away the reason this board was so good.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that was gp.

gp didn't pm any of you at the time? I find that very hard to believe that he would just bail on the site with no word to any of us. Filo was pissed, and left, but he communicated to us when he left.

I was posting pretty often at the niners board when they were making their SB run but have been pretty busy since then and haven't posted much.

I was unaware that this new guy would cause issue with his new investment.

How hard could it be really to run this board? Step 1. Buy a message board Step 2. Don't be an asshole.

He forgot about Step 2 apparently.

Only Filo sent me pm's about what's been going on.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Comes down to which speaks louder:

1) Staying on a great site with many awesome posters you've gotten to know and have had a great time with over the last few years.

2) Bolting from a site in which the new owner/administrator seems to be going out of his way to drive some of the people away who helped make this board special.

It's not an easy choice. For now, I'm choosing to stay on here and hope that we can continue to do our thing. That said, if Mr. H hasn't learned from his mistakes and continues with the behavior seen in the thread I shared, I'm out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was posting pretty often at the niners board when they were making their SB run but have been pretty busy since then and haven't posted much.

I was unaware that this new guy would cause issue with his new investment.

How hard could it be really to run this board? Step 1. Buy a message board Step 2. Don't be an asshole.

He forgot about Step 2 apparently.

Only Filo sent me pm's about what's been going on.

There were a shit-load of pms going around when filo left. I tried to get everyone in, but we are limited to sending pms to only 5 recipients, so I was VERY limited in who I was able to keep in the loop.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
haha, we almost derailed the original topic of thread, didn't we

ibvsaFTVvnaE79.gif