• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recievers and Chemistry on Offense MUST Improve

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense is an issue but they were two plays away from breaking this open (QB and receivers share blame here). And this is WITH the conservative approach. It's about execution. They, IMO, will be more aggressive against Denver but bring some time of possession aspect to it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Receiving core definitely crapped the bed on the offense yesterday. Close but no cigar won't be good enough against Denver. Amazing what one bad drop will do to QBR, Mccluster catches that pass and scores and Smith's QBR for the day is 97.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT blaming Bowe for this, but I AM saying that the announcer was wrong when he said it was impossible for Bowe to get that pass. (I didn't make this photo, I found it.)

PHOTO_20690488_118586_45965778_ap_640X480.jpg

Wow, if that picture isn't doctored as it appears, then Bowe really just flat out fucked up, terrible job on his part. He is being paid at the very least to make that a close play and be a #1 receiver. No way in the world should only 1 hand be going after that ball, and that is before we ridicule the footwork.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Receiving core definitely crapped the bed on the offense yesterday. Close but no cigar won't be good enough against Denver. Amazing what one bad drop will do to QBR, Mccluster catches that pass and scores and Smith's QBR for the day is 97.

It's funny. I'm not a stats guy (though I certainly look at them); I don't really care except for when things like this happen. Those who are stat guys will continue to say how Alex does not have a single pass that traveled in the air over 50 yards. He's not a deep thrower, but that statement sounds like he can't do it or throw that far.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if Jenkins could contribute a little at receiver.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Are you going to win a ton of games kicking three field goals offensively? No,'' Alex Smith said. "At the same time we're not going to apologize for any wins. It was a big win on the road. It's tough sometimes, tough conditions, the week before a bye, a lot of things there that could be distracting and this team found a way to get a win.

"I feel like, what are we even talking about? There's a system in place in the NFL to find out who's the best. There's a 16-game season and there's the playoffs. To be speculating right now, nine games in, of who's the best and who's not, it's just talk. They don't give any trophies out after nine weeks. We understand that.

"Everybody understands that you're trying to win games to position yourself to be in a good situation late in the year. The goal is as well to continue to improve each week so when that time comes, you're playing your best football.''

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if Jenkins could contribute a little at receiver.

He is certainly more capable than Chad Hall...

Seriously, has Chad Hall done anything of value?

May as well throw Jenkins in there and make him just run bubble screens and slants, but good lord, get him on the field.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all seriousness, I think Kyle Williams is a an upgrade and can be used in certain packages as he is acclimated to the playbook. Good move by the Chiefs at this point in time imo.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty McDonald reported that when the Chiefs were originally shopping Baldwin, they wanted to make the trade for Kyle Wiliams, but the 49ers weren't willing to make that deal.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read this elsewhere:

SF let Hall go first. Therefore, they believed Williams was better than Hall. Chad Hall hasn't done much of anything. SF released a player who beat out Hall for a spot on the team. Therefore, this is purely an upgrade.

Dexter may be alright for the game. He has a sprain. I have no idea how bad it is, but he is not 100%. The Chiefs tested Hall in a game by throwing at him 8 times. Chad Hall caught one of those stinkin' passes for 9 yards against the Titans. Trust me because I was at the game, and I know Chad Hall failed. The Chiefs wanted to see what he had, and the answer was NOTHING.

Kyle Williams is a small receiver with decent quickness. He has caught a few passes since coming into the league. In his rookie season, Williams only caught 1 pass in 5 games (believe me, he didn't play very many minutes). Williams had a decent second season, and has been consistently mediocre for the totality of his career. Comparing Williams to Hall, Williams is 0.11 faster in the 40, 2 years younger, and 2 inches taller. Chad Hall was undrafted in 2008, whereas Kyle Williams was taken in the 6th round.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marty McDonald reported that when the Chiefs were originally shopping Baldwin, they wanted to make the trade for Kyle Wiliams, but the 49ers weren't willing to make that deal.

Interesting, I am certainly interested to see what Kyle Williams can do as the #3 receiver if he is used properly. Would be nice if the Chiefs could give Mccluster some carries to take the pressure off of Charles if the Chiefs, for whatever reason, do not trust Knile Davis to share the load with Charles. As for Jenkins, there is no way you can tell me Jenkins can't be on the field with the crew we are putting on the field lately. Is Chad Hall and Junior Hemmingway really better than Jenkins? I would certainly hope not.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Jenkins, there is no way you can tell me Jenkins can't be on the field with the crew we are putting on the field lately. Is Chad Hall and Junior Hemmingway really better than Jenkins? I would certainly hope not.

That's interesting you said that. When the Niners had their receivers injured, people expected Jenkins to be activated. But instead they activated Chad Hall. And then when Jenkins was activated, they still threw to Chad Hall, who caught one and dropped one. And then when they finally threw one to Jenkins, he dropped it. A lot of pressure for one target and a lot of judgment for a rookie year (getting open is hard). However, even the rookies are paid a lot on a general scale.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting you said that. When the Niners had their receivers injured, people expected Jenkins to be activated. But instead they activated Chad Hall. And then when Jenkins was activated, they still threw to Chad Hall, who caught one and dropped one. And then when they finally threw one to Jenkins, he dropped it. A lot of pressure for one target and a lot of judgment for a rookie year (getting open is hard). However, even the rookies are paid a lot on a general scale.

It does seem rather bizarre to me. It boggles the mind to think Jenkins can't beat out Hall for playing time.