• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Recievers and Chemistry on Offense MUST Improve

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 6 games into the season, and teams are starting to key in on the dink-dunk offense. Receivers are flat out not doing the job all of the sudden. Smith being conservative is certainly part of it, but I'll give him a pass as he has done what we have needed him to do when it needs to be done.

Smith needs to work with Bowe, we have room to improve on offense, this offense is NOT a known quantity. Go deep to Avery once in a while, anything, start Jenkins if you have to, but don't trot out the same crap the next 3 weeks; the Offense is more capable than that. My hope is that Jenkins is learning the playbook and can be a 3rd receiver that could give us 3 speedsters with Avery, Mccluster ( Yes, I count him as a WR) and Jenkins. And of course, we still have Bowe who is a possession receiver.

Also, we need Fasano back, Brock is just not good enough to see consistent playing time like he is now. Mcgrath has been a pleasant surprise though for the most part, but I maintain my preference for Fasano over Mcgrath as a receiver.

The O-Line is still very green: Hudson finally starting and is healthy, Fisher at RT, etc. Room to improve as the season moves along. I am not too terribly concerned yet, as I said, there is plenty of room to improve, but the pressure coming towards Smith is rather excessive.

Jamaal is... Jamaal

On the Chemistry front: Smith has not really been in sync with the recievers imo so far in the season, this can't continue if we plan on doing anything more than simply making the playoffs. I feel this will improve though with time, but how much time is the question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is 6 games into the season, and teams are starting to key in on the dink-dunk offense. Receivers are flat out not doing the job all of the sudden. Smith being conservative is certainly part of it, but I'll give him a pass as he has done what we have needed him to do when it needs to be done.

Smith needs to work with Bowe, we have room to improve on offense, this offense is NOT a known quantity. Go deep to Avery once in a while, anything, start Jenkins if you have to, but don't trot out the same crap the next 3 weeks; the Offense is more capable than that. My hope is that Jenkins is learning the playbook and can be a 3rd receiver that could give us 3 speedsters with Avery, Mccluster ( Yes, I count him as a WR) and Jenkins. And of course, we still have Bowe who is a possession receiver.

Also, we need Fasano back, Brock is just not good enough to see consistent playing time like he is now. Mcgrath has been a pleasant surprise though for the most part, but I maintain my preference for Fasano over Mcgrath as a receiver.

The O-Line is still very green: Hudson finally starting and is healthy, Fisher at RT, etc. Room to improve as the season moves along. I am not too terribly concerned yet, as I said, there is plenty of room to improve, but the pressure coming towards Smith is rather excessive.

Jamaal is... Jamaal

On the Chemistry front: Smith has not really been in sync with the recievers imo so far in the season, this can't continue if we plan on doing anything more than simply making the playoffs. I feel this will improve though with time, but how much time is the question.

couldn't have said this better...

let's face it, one of the more annoying things was watching this team's offense struggle because plain and simply, NOBODY seemed to be able to get open. you could see it on just about all the replays. this team won't go far in the playoffs(IF they make it) if the Chiefs can't hit open receivers...ESPECIALLY on short routes. but to your earlier point part of it's the line play...

definitely going to be a big priority come the off-season. getting go-to receivers...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to give huge props to Sherman as the fullback. One of, if not the best, recieving FB's according to PFF ( keep in mind it is not exact) in the league.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah more Bowe I am about to drop his ass for someone else my WR suck.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't have said this better...

let's face it, one of the more annoying things was watching this team's offense struggle because plain and simply, NOBODY seemed to be able to get open. you could see it on just about all the replays. this team won't go far in the playoffs(IF they make it) if the Chiefs can't hit open receivers...ESPECIALLY on short routes. but to your earlier point part of it's the line play...

definitely going to be a big priority come the off-season. getting go-to receivers...

I really do believe we can make the playoffs and win with the status quo, but if we want the division, home-field advantage, and the jackpot of jackpots ( The Super Bowl) then the passing game must improve. I trust Reid and co with the schematics, but I am not sure the receivers are up to it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To give you an idea of how good the defense has been through 6 weeks...

The Chiefs are on pace for 84 sacks this year, the '84 Bears Only had 72.

No team in modern history has allowed fewer points than this years Chiefs at this point through 6 games ( We are tied with 2000 Baltimore {Dafuq?} at 65 through 6 games)

PFF says we have the best 3-4 OLBs in Football (Hali #1 and Houston #2)

And I don't think I need to explain much more considering this is the Chiefs board and the posters here have um, eyes.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, well, well, Tamba Hali is underrated by the media somehow...

Pro Football Focus @PFF
Tamba Hali has notched 17 more total pressures than any other player through 6 weeks. 2nd most? Justin Houston. #Chiefs
[ame="https://twitter.com/PFF/statuses/390226210091184128"]4:22 PM - 15 Oct 2013[/ame]

145 Retweets 36 favorites

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to give huge props to Sherman as the fullback. One of, if not the best, recieving FB's according to PFF ( keep in mind it is not exact) in the league.

He is grading out at +10.6 in 146 snaps, that is pretty damn good.

Stole these puppies from Arrowheadpride:

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recievers/Chemistry in the passing game looks much better right now in the Houston game. Bowe is looking like the Bowe we saw pre-2012 right now. Offense is doing its part, Defense is not getting pressure on Houston which is peculiar given their 31st ranking in pass protection by PFF ( Of course, it isn't gospel) but Keenum actually looks good, he is not the scrub we have bargained for so far through two quarters.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Recievers/Chemistry in the passing game looks much better right now in the Houston game. Bowe is looking like the Bowe we saw pre-2012 right now. Offense is doing its part, Defense is not getting pressure on Houston which is peculiar given their 31st ranking in pass protection by PFF ( Of course, it isn't gospel) but Keenum actually looks good, he is not the scrub we have bargained for so far through two quarters.

Charles is gonna drive me NUTS with these fumbles, though...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like what I saw in the passing game generally, but now we have a new problem: Leaving points on the board and conversely, giving free points to the other team. This could have easily been a blowout and the poor execution in the redzone made it a nailbiter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I like what I saw n the passing game generally, but now we have a new problem: Leaving points on the board and conversely, giving free points to the other team. This could have easily been a blowout and the poor execution in the redzone made it a nailbiter.

Exactly. But I'm fairly confident Reid and the coaching staff will come up with decent adjustments. O-line did play better IMO. I keep saying that if they ever get it together, better look out for the Chiefs...

Funny how the Chiefs beat both Texas teams by the same score, though...

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. But I'm fairly confident Reid and the coaching staff will come up with decent adjustments. O-line did play better IMO. I keep saying that if they ever get it together, better look out for the Chiefs...

Funny how the Chiefs beat both Texas teams by the same score, though...

Yeah, the adjustments in the passing game were excellent, they made a point to go to Bowe today even when semi-covered. If it builds good chemistry, I am all for it; we need this offense (specifically the passing game and O-line) to be ready to rock against Denver if we have a chance at this division.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a little too close for comfort. I feared Keenum was going to burn them in the end, after not taking the points there.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT blaming Bowe for this, but I AM saying that the announcer was wrong when he said it was impossible for Bowe to get that pass. (I didn't make this photo, I found it.)

PHOTO_20690488_118586_45965778_ap_640X480.jpg

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You all remember this:

dexter-mccluster-drop.gif

dexter-mccluster-slo-mo-drop.gif