• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Read that Tom Brady has an achilles injury

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:spit:
Compared to Tennis, Golf is tiddly winks. Try hitting a golf ball coming at you at 100 mph. I guarantee you I could beat the best professional golfer at a hole or 2 out of the 18. No weekend warrior is beating Roger Federer or Rafael Nadal even 1 single game of a tennis match. They would be lucky to win a point here and there (and thats only if those 2 miss a shot).

Not that it would matter. You would die of a heart attack a few points in because there is noone to carry your racket for you or drive you around in a little cart.
Get over yourself unless you're a scratch golfer you don't have a chance on a pro course playing from the black tees. A pro course is over 4 miles long up and down elevation on average. Longer if you play military golf like me left, right. On a tennis court you're covering an area 40' x 27',
Billy Jean beat Bobby Riggs. Could a women pro golfer beat a male after the male challenged her? We don't know but we know it happened in tennis. Pros hit a baseball with a bat the size of your arm coming in at 100mph. Not a racket the size of a beach ball.
I couldn't do it. But I already said I never played the game.

OBTW pros aren't allowed to use carts.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played a lot before the explosion of Hackers took over the public courses in the 90s. Gave it up and switched to tennis. Best thing I ever did. Much healthier now. Tennis is much harder though. No pain no gain. Better than doing regular cardio because it is not boring. Nice addition to weight training too.

Professional golfers would crush you with two clubs in their bag, a 7 iron and a putter.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get over yourself unless you're a scratch golfer you don't have a chance on a pro course playing from the black tees. A pro course is over 4 miles long up and down elevation on average. Longer if you play military golf like me left, right. On a tennis court you're covering an area 40' x 27',
Billy Jean beat Bobby Riggs. Could a women pro golfer beat a male after the male challenged her? We don't know but we know it happened in tennis. Pros hit a baseball with a bat the size of your arm coming in at 100mph. Not a racket the size of a beach ball.
I couldn't do it. But I already said I never played the game.

OBTW pros aren't allowed to use carts.

A 25 year old number 1 womens golfer would probably beat a 60 year old male former top golfer yes. Thats what you are comparing. Riggs played before athletes invaded tennis. Tennis was merely a country club activity played on grass back then. Does not compare to the sport today.

As far as covering a small area. You will have to do it 1000 times. YOu are comparing walking 4 miles with running wind sprints for 4 miles.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Professional golfers would crush you with two clubs in their bag, a 7 iron and a putter.

I would probably still win a hole though.

Golf is a pussy activity at best. No athletic ability required. No different then Archery.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golf is a pussy activity at best. No athletic ability required. No different then Archery.

Stop being an ass, it's not a good look. Nobody is arguing that tennis is not more physical exertion than golf. But golf it's not archery, not even close.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lebowski2:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennis AND golf are BOTH tougher to play than pretty much any of the big 3 sports having played both of them at a high level I'd say tennis is tougher but both are far more difficult than basketball or baseball for sure and , imo, football

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 25 year old number 1 womens golfer would probably beat a 60 year old male former top golfer yes. Thats what you are comparing. Riggs played before athletes invaded tennis. Tennis was merely a country club activity played on grass back then. Does not compare to the sport today.

As far as covering a small area. You will have to do it 1000 times. YOu are comparing walking 4 miles with running wind sprints for 4 miles.

Not to mention that Riggs had to stay in the singles lines and King used the doubles. It wasn't even a match for that reason.

I like tennis and golf. The difference is that yes, you might make a putt to match a pro while you're never going to return Federer, but golfers don't get second chances. Everything counts and that's why it's so much harder than tennis.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the King over Riggs story is such nonsense, now a movie about a woman in her prime beating an old man. LOL.

As for tennis vs other sports I'm thinking a high school tennis play MAY have the ability to return a Federer serve, I see a HS shortstop as having zero chance of touching a pitch in a complete at bat against Clayton Kershaw.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will the NFL changes the rules so it's illegal to even touch Tommy Boy on the field?:heh:

fuck meeeechegan!

They are making up for it today. He's been hammered twice after he let it go and nothing....

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are making up for it today. He's been hammered twice after he let it go and nothing....

Dammit. The NFL simply can't let that happen! This is just another example of why Sheriff Goodell's a jackass.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit. The NFL simply can't let that happen! This is just another example of why Sheriff Goodell's a jackass.

You should have heard the 98.5 radio guy on that non call.. It was pretty funny.. He was pissed... Didn't see the first hit as I was driving home but the 2nd one probably should have been called as I've seen a lot less being called. But this is a terrible officiating crew both sides of the ball the Patriots and Dolphins have to face today

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% no achilles. Priceless.