• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Re-visiting The Giants Dodgers Feud

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that are not old enough to know this - the feud between the Dodgers and Giants has been going on for well over 44 years. I remember when I was barely 12 or 13 years old when my oldest brother took me to my first Dodgers games. It was a Dodgers vs Giants game and several fights broke out and some of the Giants fans started throwing things at us for cheering the Dodgers at the Dodgers stadium, so my brother wisely had us change seats. It is strange to see this type of violence still going on and turns my stomach to think that there are still fans so immature that they would consider a game more important than human life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If its that bad, make em play with no fans or maybe in San Diego in camo.

If its a drunken fools slugfest, dont take your kids.

If its worse than that, kill em all for the good of baseball? Get Obama on this he has no problems killing people unlike weakasses like McCain, Rand, Boehner and Cruz.

TheRedPlectrum

and you are?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been going on a lot longer than that. These teams have hated each other since the late 1800s, when the Dodgers were in Brooklyn, and the Giants were in Manhattan. Possibly the oldest rivalry in American sports. It was no coincidence they both moved west at the same time.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been going on a lot longer than that. These teams have hated each other since the late 1800s, when the Dodgers were in Brooklyn, and the Giants were in Manhattan. Possibly the oldest rivalry in American sports. It was no coincidence they both moved west at the same time.

I was wondering how old the feud really was - and some friendly trash talk is fine, but in the last couple of years the violence has escalated and that's uncalled for - it's a game and nothing more

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main reason I don't go to games at Dodger is I hate having to wait in line to get in line to wait to get in line to get on the Hollywood Freeway gridlock at 11pm after games and have a long-ass drive home when I'm tired and have consumed some cold adult beverages, but...

the last game I went to was about 2009 and I had gotten two good tickets down the 3rd base line from a vendor. I took my young son and things started getting rowdy about the 4th inning. I saw blunts getting lit up all over the place and then about the 8th inning a shouting, shoving match broke out up top and not long after that dust-up got settled I look up there and here comes a 40 oz beer bottle tumbling end-over-end all the way down and hits an empty seat back. One can only imagine what that could have done to a person's skull.

I'm planning on going to a Dodgers' game this year but it'll have to be a day game. Too many animals out at night and I wouldn't go to a Giants game there if the whole thing was free (which it is far from).

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you that are not old enough to know this - the feud between the Dodgers and Giants has been going on for well over 44 years. I remember when I was barely 12 or 13 years old when my oldest brother took me to my first Dodgers games. It was a Dodgers vs Giants game and several fights broke out and some of the Giants fans started throwing things at us for cheering the Dodgers at the Dodgers stadium, so my brother wisely had us change seats. It is strange to see this type of violence still going on and turns my stomach to think that there are still fans so immature that they would consider a game more important than human life

yep just ask the guys who beat Brian Stow into coma a few years back or the dodger fan that got stabbed up at AT&T Park.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep just ask the guys who beat Brian Stow into coma a few years back or the dodger fan that got stabbed up at AT&T Park.

People like that belong in prison for life as far as I am concerned