• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rays on the move

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should be an easy task.

The way it looks now it will be the A's and Angels in the ALCS. Hate to say it but I face the facts head on, the Yankees don't have a complete team good enough to make it that far.

Give me some Yankee mojo and we will be good

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks are 4-1 their last 5 games, with Tanaka on the mound this evening., so make that 5-1 their last 6.

Rays are 3-2 their last 5 games.

Both are playing well this week. :noidea:

:L:clap::clap::yahoo: good call here

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks are 4-1 their last 5 games, with Tanaka on the mound this evening., so make that 5-1 their last 6.

lol

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tanaka has been off the mark lately. :doh:

....and continues to be. The Rays have the Yanks in their sight now and are hunting them down. By the end of this month I'm betting the Rays are right with them

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side topic... this winning streak is coming at a bad time...

They have no chance at the playoffs and should be focused on trading Price and others... But if they make trades now, some less-bright fans will wonder why, since they are on a hot streak....

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side topic... this winning streak is coming at a bad time...

They have no chance at the playoffs and should be focused on trading Price and others... But if they make trades now, some less-bright fans will wonder why, since they are on a hot streak....

They have a hard enough time drawing fans when things are going good. If they trade Price now it will send out a signal to those few fans that do attend games that the team is throwing in the towel for the remainder of the season.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have a hard enough time drawing fans when things are going good. If they trade Price now it will send out a signal to those few fans that do attend games that the team is throwing in the towel for the remainder of the season.

very true PLUS this is the AL East where no one is really out of it. I'm not here to claim the Rays can/will win the division but they certainly can't be counted out yet. In addition they have no reason to trade Price right now. They have time and can deal with his situation later. That said , the rest of this month is probably going to be the deciding factor.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays have run off 5 straight and are tracking down the Yanks and Jays. 4.5 behind both and can catch them IF they can survive this trip to St Louis. This series will weigh heavily when deciding if they're selling the farm or going for it. They get drilled by the Cards and lose a couple games in the standings and the talks will begin immediately. They take the Cards for a ride and pick up a game on the leaders and watch the hell out. Don't underestimate this Rays fans , the season is practically going to be decided in St.Louis this week.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rays-Cards? I'll be rooting for a comet.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the march contines. 6 straight for the Rays after a big win last nite. This is the biggest week of the season for the Rays. After Sunday they will know if they're in or not. Keep an eye on this , it's going to be interesting.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 straight for the Rays after a quick mop job in St Lou. Next up a 3 game set at home to dispose of the Red Sox for good. As previously stated this week decides it all for the Rays. They take 2-3 from the Sox then they're in it for keeps meaning Price stays in Tampa for the rest of the season. I expect the Rays to con't playing like this and tracking down 2nd place in the East within a couple weeks.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 straight for the Rays after a quick mop job in St Lou. Next up a 3 game set at home to dispose of the Red Sox for good. As previously stated this week decides it all for the Rays. They take 2-3 from the Sox then they're in it for keeps meaning Price stays in Tampa for the rest of the season. I expect the Rays to con't playing like this and tracking down 2nd place in the East within a couple weeks.

Sadly, for Tampa, it is not about making the playoffs. It is about getting something in return for him. They can get much more than a comp draft pick with a trade.

Price should be traded soon.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, for Tampa, it is not about making the playoffs. It is about getting something in return for him. They can get much more than a comp draft pick with a trade.

Price should be traded soon.

why now and how can they justify this if they're in it? They have this guy wrapped up THRU next yr , they don't have to do anything right now. The only fear they have is they get hammered in arbitration next Spring but they can deal with that later on. No matter what happens they can still get a lot for him over the winter if they are committed to moving him. They have options and are far from having their backs against the wall. As far as the playoffs , I disagree with you here. They believed this was a better team than they've had recently and are finally proving it. I've stated earlier here I believe the slow start is too much to overcome. Still they're playing better than they have all year , it's still July and they are in it.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

HUBSTER

I don't re-Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Rays take 2 out of 3 from the Red Sox this weekend that it will be time for Boston to start selling.

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why now and how can they justify this if they're in it? They have this guy wrapped up THRU next yr , they don't have to do anything right now. The only fear they have is they get hammered in arbitration next Spring but they can deal with that later on. No matter what happens they can still get a lot for him over the winter if they are committed to moving him. They have options and are far from having their backs against the wall. As far as the playoffs , I disagree with you here. They believed this was a better team than they've had recently and are finally proving it. I've stated earlier here I believe the slow start is too much to overcome. Still they're playing better than they have all year , it's still July and they are in it.

Ah, I assumed Price was up this year.... All they talk about is trading him...

I tend to agree with the hole they dug is too deep...

This week in overreactions: Here come the Rays - CBSSports.com

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I assumed Price was up this year.... All they talk about is trading him...

I tend to agree with the hole they dug is too deep...

This week in overreactions: Here come the Rays - CBSSports.com
thanks for sharing the link. We've seen this a million times over the years - teams that start great tend to keep it going to some extent all season. Teams that start bad tend to never make it up. Not to say it can't be done becuz I still believe they have a fighters chance but man they gotta play really well for a while in order to do it. I hope they keep it up becuz I like the team and would love seeing a team come from that far back to recover and make the playoffs.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's where we're at as of Monday morn. The Rays made the statement they needed to make and are clearly in the AL East race. They're playing better than anyone and can smell it now. Forget about Price being moved becuz it isn't happening. The Rays are buyers and will pick up a player or 2 in the coming weeks. They aren't going away boys , there's no way.