• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rays at Rangers for the last series of 2016, 9/30-10/2

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Cry:

PhantomWarrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well let's keep this thing called a season rolling to the bitter or joyful end.

Keep going Rangers! The more games you win and deeper you go, the less we have to hear about Cowboys suspensions and parole officers.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I would copy what I said from the Brewers post.

I tell you what is really interesting. Since Boston is having to fight for home field in the 1st round with Cleveland because of being swept against the Yankees they should be playing competitive baseball and not resting everyone. With Boston being home and Papi's last games how great would it be if Boston swept Toronto and Detroit passed Toronto up. And it would be even greater if Detroit got in by having to play the rain out from Last night on Monday against Cleveland and use up Verlander. Then Detroit and Baltimore play the WC game. That would be a great advantage for Texas.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Strat-O-Matic mentioned on the other post too. I loved that game. I would keep all my own stats for the league I had. I think I had some of the mid to late 60's teams for that game. Then later added some of the teams from the 70's.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I enjoyed hearing Eric Nadel this morning on the radio with Norm Hitzges. Eric mentioned how he has never been able to watch any of the games or highlights from the 2011 WS. He mentioned that he has read where the umpire missed 14 ball/strike calls from Game 7 and 11 of those went against the Rangers. He also had some really nice things to say about Vin Scully. He gave Banny a lot of credit for Elvis having a good year.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Strat-O-Matic mentioned on the other post too. I loved that game. I would keep all my own stats for the league I had. I think I had some of the mid to late 60's teams for that game. Then later added some of the teams from the 70's.
I never played Strat-O-Matic, but I did play the APBA game a couple of years in the 70s and I think it was similar.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never played Strat-O-Matic, but I did play the APBA game a couple of years in the 70s and I think it was similar.
Never played either. Spent those years playing league softball and umpiring little league and high school games.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's win the game tonight and clinch home field throughout the playoffs. I don't even care who we play in the ALDS. I couldn't care less about the worthless ALDS. My mentality is World Series title or bust. And to get there, we'll have to play good teams in the ALCS and World Series. Plus I don't think there is a team we should be avoiding or hoping for, because you play a dangerous game doing that and often bite off more than you can chew. Bring on whatever team! There's not a team in the AL who I think the Rangers couldn't take, especially with guaranteed home field advantage.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's win the game tonight and clinch home field throughout the playoffs. I don't even care who we play in the ALDS. I couldn't care less about the worthless ALDS. My mentality is World Series title or bust. And to get there, we'll have to play good teams in the ALCS and World Series. Plus I don't think there is a team we should be avoiding or hoping for, because you play a dangerous game doing that and often bite off more than you can chew. Bring on whatever team! There's not a team in the AL who I think the Rangers couldn't take, especially with guaranteed home field advantage.

Wish I had said that first Will. That is exactly how I feel. The team in front of you is the only one to be concerned about. Our hitting and pitching will be what it will be. Touched on this with the Crawler a few nights ago. Just bring um' on.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Saw where a blue Jays fan on the main forum stated of Toronto and Texas faced off in the playoffs he'd rather face us in the ALCS than ALDS because they'd have more opportunity to take advantage of our lackluster pitching in a longer series after Hamels and Darvish. Two things jumped out at me about that.

1) This is a perfect example of focusing on things like team ERA while not realizing that they're not going to be hitting against Derek Holland, AJ Griffin, Nick Martinez... etc. They'll be facing two legitimate aces in Darvish and Hamels, followed by a playoff proven bull dog in colby Lewis who people love to ignore because of his so-so season numbers. Additionally, our pen will not include the likes of Tolleson, Wilhelmsen, and Alvarez. Teams will be getting a heavy dose of Dyson, Bush, Scheppers, Barnette, Claudio, and Kela.

2) Does he not realize we'd throw Hamels and or Darvish at them twice in a 7 game series?

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me personally I think it would be hilarious for Toronto to completely miss the playoffs. There is not a cakewalk team out there. People want to face Cleveland but they are 2nd in ERA (yeah, I know Romeo) and 2nd in scoring. That should surprise a lot of people. Detroit and Boston are loaded along with Verlander and Porcello and Baltimore has struggled on offense but if they have a lead on you their BP can be tough.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fri. vs. TB: Gomez 7, Desmond 8, Beltran DH, Beltre 5, Odor 4, Lucroy 2, Choo 9, Moreland 3, Andrus 6, Darvish 1

From Blake

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fri. vs. TB: Gomez 7, Desmond 8, Beltran DH, Beltre 5, Odor 4, Lucroy 2, Choo 9, Moreland 3, Andrus 6, Darvish 1

From Blake

Liked that they left Gomez lead off. Having Choo hitting that low makes this lineup DEEP.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liked that they left Gomez lead off. Having Choo hitting that low makes this lineup DEEP.

I saw somewhere in the past couple of days that Choo really doesn't enjoy leading off. I didn't know this.

So maybe this is the best for all concerned and like you said, having Choo and EA at the back end. Wow, now that's a DEEP line-up.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave Banister a load of credit across the board actually.
I liked the part where he said Banny was able to get the players to run through a wall like Johnny and Wash, but also knew how to have them prepared.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw somewhere in the past couple of days that Choo really doesn't enjoy leading off. I didn't know this.

So maybe this is the best for all concerned and like you said, having Choo and EA at the back end. Wow, now that's a DEEP line-up.
Good to hear from ya. And you bet deep is right and will be punch in the old gut if he's back on que.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gave Banister a load of credit across the board actually.
I especially enjoyed the part of the interview when he was talking about Vin Scully ruining the myth that it is some kind of a jinx to mention that a pitcher has a no hitter along the way. How anyone believes that junk to begin with is beyond me, but Scully certainly proved it wrong by mentioning it once the 7th inning rolled around in all of his 23 no hitters that he called.

Last edited: