• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate my team

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a ten team league where you try to win as many categories as possible. The categories are Avg, HRs, RBIs, RB, and SBs for hitting and Ws, Ks, Svs, ERA, and WHIP for pitching.

C- Gary Sanchez
1B- Rizzo, Bird
2B- Murphy (1B), Cesar Hernandez
3B- Bryant, Healy
SS- Swanson
OF- Schwarber, Benintendi, Carlos Gomez, Beltran, Puig
UT- Morales

SP- Cueto, Darvish, Tanaka, Teheran, Roark, Hill, Samardzija, Nova, Moore.
RP- Wade Davis, Kelvin Herrera.

I think I may have taken bird and Swanson a bit early. As a Cubs fan, I am exstatic that I got their three best hitters at good value considering there are some big cub homers in the league. I am looking for some SBs as well. Margot and Dyson are still on the waiver wire. I'm also thinking of picking up Brandon Drury.

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely not as good as your draft and forget league.
Yea, that's the greatest fantasy team of all time, NO DOUBT.

I'll get a pen and paper when my boss leaves and actually go over it and give you an honest answer.

C- was just me trying to get under your skin, and it didn't work, and now I'm upset so I'll go ahead and give you an honest evaluation.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that's the greatest fantasy team of all time, NO DOUBT.

I'll get a pen and paper when my boss leaves and actually go over it and give you an honest answer.

C- was just me trying to get under your skin, and it didn't work, and now I'm upset so I'll go ahead and give you an honest evaluation.
Awesome. I don't really like this team as much as other teams I have drafted to be honest. C- is fair.

Reactions: TJL

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good team. Need speed.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
daily or weekly? CI or MI? 3 OF?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I do not think this team is very good. For a 10 team league with a relatively low number of starters, your offense will struggle to get category wins. The team lacks speed and others will have more power. Pitching is good, but not dominant. I am thinking middle of the pack at best.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I do not think this team is very good. For a 10 team league with a relatively low number of starters, your offense will struggle to get category wins. The team lacks speed and others will have more power. Pitching is good, but not dominant. I am thinking middle of the pack at best.
Yeah, I think it's average right now, but fantasy baseball is won with who you add during the season. Last year I picked up Story before the season started, and then during the season I got Wil Myers, BJ Upton, Trea Turner, Adam Duvall, Charlie Blackmon (don't ask me why he was dropped, he was injured at the start of the season), Jake Lamb, Yu Darvish, and several top 30 pitchers to fill out my staff. I feel like I'm missing a few others. I ended up winning the league. This team will look a lot different by the end of the year. It's why I'm not too worried about where it stands now. I think I got some nice pieces and a few waiver adds will round it out very nicely. Hopefully I can add more talent to my roster than the talent that injuries take away.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Hill asap... pair him with Puig for something.

Shark has no business being owned in a 10 teamer, imo. Nova would be on a short leash for me too.

I like Drury for an add.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Hill asap... pair him with Puig for something.

Shark has no business being owned in a 10 teamer, imo. Nova would be on a short leash for me too.

I like Drury for an add.
I already dropped Puig. Nobody wants him and he was my last pick. I added Drury, Sandoval, Raul Mondesi, and Deshields and dropped Healy, Puig, Hernandez, and Nova.

Why don't you like Hill? I know he is injury prone, but when he is pitching he is great. And Shark is kind of borderline, but I think he is better than Moore for this year. Some of the pitchers on the waiver wire include Urias (Who I plan to keep a close eye on), Steven Wright, Chris Tillman, Carlos Rodon, Vince Valazquez, and Sonny Gray (who will start off on the dl and I need a dl player). Do you think any of those guys, or pitchers of their caliber should have a spot on my team?

Every year in this league, some yahoo decides to draft pitchers with his first 7 or 8 picks and gets an insane pitching staff that he rides to the playoffs and loses there every year. This year he wasn't in the league and it seems like all the people I think are contenders for the title as it stands now have a comparable pitching staff. Two of the top contenders have about 5 closers, which I think is way too much. They are basically punting Ks and Ws against a team with 2 or 3 in favor of saves which isn't even a guarantee.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it's average right now, but fantasy baseball is won with who you add during the season. Last year I picked up Story before the season started, and then during the season I got Wil Myers, BJ Upton, Trea Turner, Adam Duvall, Charlie Blackmon (don't ask me why he was dropped, he was injured at the start of the season), Jake Lamb, Yu Darvish, and several top 30 pitchers to fill out my staff. I feel like I'm missing a few others. I ended up winning the league. This team will look a lot different by the end of the year. It's why I'm not too worried about where it stands now. I think I got some nice pieces and a few waiver adds will round it out very nicely. Hopefully I can add more talent to my roster than the talent that injuries take away.

I agree 100%.

The good thing is that you are already thinking about potential weaknesses which gives you a leg up on all the owners who think their drafts were awesome. You are more likely to land that breakout as a result.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already dropped Puig. Nobody wants him and he was my last pick. I added Drury, Sandoval, Raul Mondesi, and Deshields and dropped Healy, Puig, Hernandez, and Nova.

Why don't you like Hill? I know he is injury prone, but when he is pitching he is great. And Shark is kind of borderline, but I think he is better than Moore for this year. Some of the pitchers on the waiver wire include Urias (Who I plan to keep a close eye on), Steven Wright, Chris Tillman, Carlos Rodon, Vince Valazquez, and Sonny Gray (who will start off on the dl and I need a dl player). Do you think any of those guys, or pitchers of their caliber should have a spot on my team?

Every year in this league, some yahoo decides to draft pitchers with his first 7 or 8 picks and gets an insane pitching staff that he rides to the playoffs and loses there every year. This year he wasn't in the league and it seems like all the people I think are contenders for the title as it stands now have a comparable pitching staff. Two of the top contenders have about 5 closers, which I think is way too much. They are basically punting Ks and Ws against a team with 2 or 3 in favor of saves which isn't even a guarantee.

Yeah... I would absolutely take Urias, Rodon and Velasquez over Shark. He's throwing, like, 89.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and it's not that I don't like Hill, just would be scared to ride him...

I agree... post draft team and September teams usually look different.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup... I have him everywhere I can. I expect by mid May he'll have no restrictions.
I think I'll grab him two weeks in. I got a tough two weeks and I want to have all hands on deck for these match ups.