• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rasheed Sulaimon: 'I've never done anything like this in my life'

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rasheed Sulaimon denies assault, says dismissal was separate matter

Former Duke guard Rasheed Sulaimon denied that he had committed a sexual assault and said that his dismissal from the Blue Devils in January was for a separate matter.

"Me being dismissed from the team had nothing to do with this allegation," Sulaimon said in his first public comments since being dismissed by coach Mike Krzyzewski. He did not specify what the reason was, though he said he was frustrated and could have handled the situation better.

"I have never sexually assaulted, not only anyone on the Duke campus, but anyone period," he said. "It's not in my nature at all. I have great respect for the role of women in society. I would never demean or do anything to a woman in this manner. No, I've never done anything like this in my life."

The 6-foot-4 Sulaimon, a McDonald's All American coming out of high school in Texas, was dismissed from the Duke team on Jan. 29. A little more than a month after Krzyzewski announced Sulaimon's departure, the Duke Chronicle released a story that detailed two separate allegations of sexual assault against Sulaimon.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of information and more speculation...

1) I'm glad he states he's NOT a rapist AND that it had no impact on his dismissal.

2) I had no idea he was roomie with Amile and Sean. I bet THAT wasn't awkward.:eek:

3) I'm glad he will graduate in August. I bet Coach K is too.

4) I hear Maryland wants him bad. Maybe he will cause dissension there.

I don't know how I feel about Rasheed personally. As a Duke fan I'm glad he was let go by Coach K. That opened the team up for unselfish play and the rise of Winslow. And without the rise of Winslow I'm not so sure Duke would win the Title like they did. As for putting myself in his position as a Duke player, I have empathy for him and his situation. At any rate, Rasheed will be fine and hopefully live his life with a more selfless attitude, which was ultimately his downfall with Coach K.