• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the NFL owners

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would totally agree with you if he either made good football personnel decisions or let the guys that really know football make the personnel decisions. He is a master marketer for sure but I would guess that the bulk of Cowboy fans would put a much bigger priority on having a competitive team year in and year out

Good point. Which again is why I say this would be one of the tougher lists in the NFL. Some owners like Jerry Jones are good for the league in general but maybe not the best for their team. Other owners are great for their team but not so much for the league. Some owners have just lucked into some success even though they themselves are a terrible owner. I would put Jim Irsay near the bottom 10 owners in the league. They have lucked into 2 straight great QB's that have helped raise what is mostly a pretty average squad. Without lucking into Manning and Luck I think they would be a bottom 10 team most years. Throw in the guy is more known for his drug addiction than anything he does for the organization. Yet they are for the most part a winning organization during his tenure as an Owner.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fringe top 10 or top 15 is probably where Jones should be.

Still not comfortable with their stadium, the $400+millions in subsidies and the arms race that its going to bring. Also not sure he is good from a role model perspective but he knows how to make money.

The stadium is impressive and all, but really shitty venue to attend. Saw McCartney there in concert, sucked. watched football games there, sucked.

It's too big, and if anything it will force teams to reconsider the "bigger is better" thinking. I think it will prevent a lot of what is wrong with AT&T from ever happening again. It's so massive that there is no home field advantage to be had.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would put Jim Irsay near the bottom 10 owners in the league. They have lucked into 2 straight great QB's that have helped raise what is mostly a pretty average squad. Without lucking into Manning and Luck I think they would be a bottom 10 team most years. Throw in the guy is more known for his drug addiction than anything he does for the organization. Yet they are for the most part a winning organization during his tenure as an Owner.

I agree here. I was a little surprised to see Irsay so high on OP's link. My first thought was anyone could have lucked into Manning and Luck.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$100 says not ONE SF fans believes Jed York is a top 10 owner. Once I saw that...invalid article.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
York and Irsay top 10?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Snyder but he rose at least 10 spots on my list for his double finger to the PC police

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to put Michael Bidwill on the list of best, but then I looked it up and Bill Bidwill still actually owns the team, although Michael runs it. The Cardinals are very fortunate to have Michael taking over, he looks like he's got things together.
I agree, you swap Michael for Bill and they go from bottom tier ownership to top tier ownership.

Michael is referred to as the Owner/President locally. He is one smart dude that is running the team like a top notch organization. It only took a few decades. Well worth the wait...:doh:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Kraft should be in federal prison for his crimes.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an intern must have written this as a bad stab at a class project or something. I don't think he even watches sports. Definitely didn't do much research.

Have to admit... almost vomited reading the crap he wrote about Kraft. He should've just sent the guy flowers instead of going on a diatribe of how amazing and lovable he is. Get a room. :rolleyes2:

Your ignorance and jealousy are very re-assuring!!!!!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won't do a full list but Kraft and Allen would be at or near the top of my list.