• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranking the 16 BCS Champs

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be the first to admit I'm embarrassed about people complaining about a blown call in the first half, there were plenty of blown calls both ways in that game that went both ways. It was definitely a game where the players athleticism exceeded the officials ability. And I'm just thankful that I don't have to defend morons that claim there was a blown call on an interception, those guys would be extremely embarrassing.

I agree with this.
Texas had a play that was supposedly technically an interception when our LB took one out of the air intended for Bush. He secured the ball cleanly, put one foot on the ground, and then his butt hit the floor before the ball popped out. technically, then, that was an INT, but I don't argue that because no time in the history of CFB has that ever been called an INT.

Also, I hate the fans who claim that, late in the game, Jamaal Charles was actually holding on to the ball long enough for that one USC DB's strip to be called an Interception instead of the ruled Incompletion. I want to ask USC fans, "Are you telling me that if that play happened in the End Zone with no time left on the clock, that you'd be arguing that Jamaal scored the go ahead TD to win the Championship?"

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree... then show me where I'm wrong... Are the three scenarios I posted not the, by far, most likely scenarios to come of Texas having 1st and 10 on the USC 11?

Fumbling snaps, etc. is reaching, and I think you know it.

Counting a kicker who missed a "hurried" PAT as a basically sure thing is wrong.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't agree... then show me where I'm wrong... Are the three scenarios I posted not the, by far, most likely scenarios to come of Texas having 1st and 10 on the USC 11?

Fumbling snaps, etc. is reaching, and I think you know it.

* First drive of the 4th quarter Texas had the ball at the USC 14 (started 1st and 10 at the 20) and came away with no points after missing a field goal.

* Also in your time line you don't give USC time to score but in the game the TD was scored with 4:57 left on the clock. USC went 3 and out the next possession and punted. Texas took the ball down and scored again and made the extra point. After the second touch down USC then took their next possession in for a field goal. If Texas had run more time off the clock there is a just as good chance Texas doesn't get their second touch down of the first half. Net Texas -7 points.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.
Texas had a play that was supposedly technically an interception when our LB took one out of the air intended for Bush. He secured the ball cleanly, put one foot on the ground, and then his butt hit the floor before the ball popped out. technically, then, that was an INT, but I don't argue that because no time in the history of CFB has that ever been called an INT.

Also, I hate the fans who claim that, late in the game, Jamaal Charles was actually holding on to the ball long enough for that one USC DB's strip to be called an Interception instead of the ruled Incompletion. I want to ask USC fans, "Are you telling me that if that play happened in the End Zone with no time left on the clock, that you'd be arguing that Jamaal scored the go ahead TD to win the Championship?"

Agree on both points.

To me on the LB int its the same as a receiver grabbing a ball for an over the shoulder catch having his knee hit the ground then the ball pop out as his body comes down. That play happens hundreds of times a season and no one claims its a catch, but its the exact same play just facing the other way.

I forgot people even argued about the "fumble" probably blocked it out for self preservation.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many consecutive posts can I make in the same thread before I am band for life?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* First drive of the 4th quarter Texas had the ball at the USC 14 (started 1st and 10 at the 20) and came away with no points after missing a field goal.

is that MORE or LESS likely the three scenarios I listed?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is that MORE or LESS likely the three scenarios I listed?

Considering it actually happened its a likely outcome.

Running too much time off the clock and having Texas not get their second TD of the first half is also a likely scenario.

Having a minute less and having USC actually hurry in their final possession of the first half and still come away with a FG is also a likely scenario.

Pretending like "most likely" only 1 of three things could happen and all three would have been positive for Texas is just ignorant.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an excellent list. I have always thought 2011 bama was our best team. That defense was stout.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2002 OSU was not a real dominant team compared to the others on the list.

They struggled badly versus some mediocre to awful teams like Cincy, Illinois, Purdue.

They were a gritty and boring version of the 2013 Auburn Lucky Tigers...yet equally as lucky at times.

And it doesn't help that 49 out of 50 states believe that pass interference call was one of the worst in NCAA history.
It is is a pretty dominant list of teams. It is not bashing the Buckeyes, but their body of work was not nearly as impressive or dominant than others ahead of them.

There is no way that 2002 tOSU should be behind any 1 loss National Champ.

And don't bring up the SOS argument. The 2002 team beat 3 top 10 teams which is something not many of these listed did if any at all. They also beat 4 top 15 teams.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these teams won, dunce. That's why they are champs. And other teams don't go 14-0 because they simply don't play that many games. Are you an Aggie or something?

Not all the teams had zero losses though dunce.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I don't really care where tOSU was ranked in 02... we won the game and have the trophy...

I just thought it was an interesting list, and to be quite frank, the margin separating these teams is probably razor thin... They were all very very good teams...

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I don't really care where tOSU was ranked in 02... we won the game and have the trophy...

I just thought it was an interesting list, and to be quite frank, the margin separating these teams is probably razor thin... They were all very very good teams...

All I am saying is its not logical to have a 1 loss champ over a zero loss champ especially when the zero loss champ beat the most top 10 teams out of any of them.