• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers welcome COL to the Grill for a rare M-W set to close out August: 8/30-9/1

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still refuse to bring me into meetings, so I can't say. But I can say that if the idea was that they didn't want to build around Gallo unless it involved a hometown discount, I'm OK with that.
likewise

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are in a situation like the Rangers were with Gallo, where he was only under control when we had no shot at being a serious contender, it always makes sense to trade the guy. You have to decide that trading him and having him on the team once you can contend again are two separate decisions.

If the Rangers decided they didn't want him long term then they trade him and are done with him from now on. If they think he can help them when they can be a serious contender again, then you trade him now and go after him in free agency later. Either way, it is smart to trade him.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are in a situation like the Rangers were with Gallo, where he was only under control when we had no shot at being a serious contender, it always makes sense to trade the guy. You have to decide that trading him and having him on the team once you can contend again are two separate decisions.

If the Rangers decided they didn't want him long term then they trade him and are done with him from now on. If they think he can help them when they can be a serious contender again, then you trade him now and go after him in free agency later. Either way, it is smart to trade him.

Definitely 100% the right move to trade him.

Personally, I don't think they should pursue him in FA. Nothing against Joey, he's a good dude and I hope he lands somewhere and has a solid career. But I don't think he's a player you build around, and that's what the Rangers need.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did Peters come from? Our minor league system?

AJ Alexy is none other than the ”other piece” of the Darvish trade. If Alexy pans out, it looks like it was a fair trade. If not, we got shafted. I’m hopeful that he proves himself to be a useful mlb pitcher for us. It’s impossible to “win” every trade, but I at least like to point to something useful or helpful from each trade to justify it.

its easy to look at Darvish’s implosion in the World Series and argue otherwise, but fact of the matter is we gave them a solid #2 quality pitcher who would be an ace in some rotations.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AJ Alexy is none other than the ”other piece” of the Darvish trade. If Alexy pans out, it looks like it was a fair trade. If not, we got shafted. I’m hopeful that he proves himself to be a useful mlb pitcher for us. It’s impossible to “win” every trade, but I at least like to point to something useful or helpful from each trade to justify it.
At least we got a lot more for Darvish than we did for Gibson, and we didn't have to give up our third best pitching prospect in the process.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

its easy to look at Darvish’s implosion in the World Series and argue otherwise, but fact of the matter is we gave them a solid #2 quality pitcher who would be an ace in some rotations.
Picked him up on waivers from the Dodgers.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the present yes but give him a little time. Never know.

Not a slam on the guy. He's got piss missile power and solid defense so far, but he'll K on you frequently. I love his energy.

Reactions: DTC

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's more or less a discount Gallo.
And his minor league numbers were not nearly as impressive as Joey's. Joey's OPS in the minors was over a hundred points higher.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough of Gallo. I'm turning my attention to Alexy and Pozo. Should be a interesting night.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roster expands by 2 in a couple of days. MILB still in action though