• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers vs. A's - Series of the year edition

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a lot of people are not happy with the Rangers taking silly pictures on the plane and carrying on with their lives, because they just lost 6 straight at home. Personally, I have no problems with it. You cannot left playing like crap ruin your life. You also cannot allow fan perception allow to you alter your life. Why should athletes feel bad about pissing us off by losing? I cannot make someone that doesn't know I exist mad about letting me down, because I put some crazy expectation on him. Sometimes fans go a little to far into the delusional range and expect players to act like sad sacks, because they've been losing.

Agree completely. Don't like the laughing and joking (Elvis and Beltre) during games when they are getting blown out but once the ball game is over for the day, moping around solves what? I think my family appreciates that I don't bring the stresses of the five sided building home every night.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this Hambombs. MY for all the bad stuff I've said about him since he began to decline at a rapid rate had the attitude I like from a player. "I'm not going to lose sleep over it." It's also the same attitude that I've heard from Romo about football. He's said "If the worst thing that happens to me today is that I lost a football game, then I had a good day." I don't think that's a loser mentality. I think that is recognizing that agonizing over losing is counterproductive.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they willingly eat Salary for MY to be traded when the only thing they got in return for him leaving was Lindbloom? They didn't want him to hurt the team by playing everyday.

an assumption again not based on any provable fact.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't disagree with you there. I wish we could explain it, but we cannot. The Rangers just are not doing enough to win games. Whatever you wanna call that it stinks to watch.

I do think its funny (tying this to the thread about the team plane) that folks don't think these guys are upset about what's going on. Imagine working on a project every day from February to now only to have it fall apart at the last minute. Bottom line is that it seems no matter how far the Rangers go, they are destined for a bitter off season lately. 2011 W/S collapse, 2012 last series in Oakland and WC loss, and now this. They just seem to be finding new ways to end seasons on terrible notes.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an assumption again not based on any provable fact.
Did you not read the articles last summer about the power struggle between Ron Wash and JD? I know I read them...I am basing this interpretation of events off of those revelations.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me say this Hambombs. MY for all the bad stuff I've said about him since he began to decline at a rapid rate had the attitude I like from a player. "I'm not going to lose sleep over it." It's also the same attitude that I've heard from Romo about football. He's said "If the worst thing that happens to me today is that I lost a football game, then I had a good day." I don't think that's a loser mentality. I think that is recognizing that agonizing over losing is counterproductive.
Have to say you're right. Worrying is a waste of energy that most can't afford to lose.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that accepting losing? Fans needs to chill and let players live without telling them how to act. I never liked when people told Josh what to do. Yeah I wanted the guy to just shut up and play, but that's obviously not who he was. Seems weird for people that don't play trying to project their own emotions on players.

Yeah, yeah, yeah lol but I never told josh anything

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I'm not worrying about it that much really but I agree

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no basis for this but here's my last drop of optimism....the Rangers split in Tampa and don't lose again until the playoffs sometime. Moreland, Kinsler, and Beltre heat up and Rios stays steady.

Tacobenboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I would still skip Hollands next start and have it be a start by committee. 2IP each for Tepesch, Wolf, Lindblom, and then the back of the pen. I ask you all, is running Holland out there a better option at this point?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I would still skip Hollands next start and have it be a start by committee. 2IP each for Tepesch, Wolf, Lindblom, and then the back of the pen. I ask you all, is running Holland out there a better option at this point?
It's a draw

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does this sound optimistic? Sweep the Astros and go 6-5 vs everyone else?

lainey12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is that accepting losing? Fans needs to chill and let players live without telling them how to act. I never liked when people told Josh what to do. Yeah I wanted the guy to just shut up and play, but that's obviously not who he was. Seems weird for people that don't play trying to project their own emotions on players.
:clap::clap:

WOW...I myself have said this many times
you're right, we DON'T know how they feel...we guess, we project. I've made that mistake myself. And what they say to the media? You can't even take that too seriously...Especially print media, that will be twisted to fit whatever agenda.

They suck right now, they know that much.

Other than that, we don't anything about how they feel. This could be eating away at some of the players, it doesn't matter how much money they make or don't make.
They're still human, they want to win....who wants to suck on this kind of stage? On any?

I may be over-simplifying, but I absolutely believe you can't tell what a player is really thinking or going through.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap::clap:

WOW...I myself have said this many times
you're right, we DON'T know how they feel...we guess, we project. I've made that mistake myself. And what they say to the media? You can't even take that too seriously...Especially print media, that will be twisted to fit whatever agenda.

They suck right now, they know that much.

Other than that, we don't anything about how they feel. This could be eating away at some of the players, it doesn't matter how much money they make or don't make.
They're still human, they want to win....who wants to suck on this kind of stage? On any?

I may be over-simplifying, but I absolutely believe you can't tell what a player is really thinking or going through.
This is very true. For all we know they could be developing ulcers after two years of this. I certainly hope for their own well being that it's not the case.