• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Travel to Houston for Three Games with the Astros July 24-26

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't about being fair or unfair. It does make one scratch their head when some guys get way more chances than others. To me it is more like, "why don't they DFA those 2 or 3 guys if they get rid of the other guy." Not necessarily that Hearn should still be here, but that why didn't others precede him.

Huff's situation is another matter entirely, apples and oranges. The way they have handled Huff borders on stupidity. And that has reached new heights this year. He should not be up here right now
oh stupidity?

Don’t know all the things behinds there scenes so refrain fro judgement. I think they may see more take in others such as Howard so they give more slack hoping for a hit
Sometimes attitude is an issue like I think Willie had despite many thinking he was wronged.

To me HeArn never handled pressure well

I think yuu have a tendency to blame the FO for shortcomings of prospects. The prospects get your benefit of the doubt but the FO rarely gets the benefit of the doubt.

You think the Marcus S is a bad pickup yet he was an All star starter. Probably because you think he want age well but likely because you think he blocked a potential superstar prospect.
We shall see. I like Sagesee but think he is more of an IF guy looking at his build

One thing is sure is there is alot of MLB talent in the minors. We are hoping that more than a couple are elite MLB players

Thanks for your posts

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think the Marcus S is a bad pickup yet he was an All star starter.
I said all along what I thought about picking up Semien. He had 2 good seasons before signing him. He is really streaky in both directions. Him making the All Star team here is not surprising to me. Overall, he will be a bad signing.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think yuu have a tendency to blame the FO for shortcomings of prospects.
I tend to blame the FO more in not seeing the shortcoming of prospects when they display shortcomings in a big enough sample in the big leagues. Like Kirkman, Odor, and Howard.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The prospects get your benefit of the doubt but the FO rarely gets the benefit of the doubt
I gave JD the benefit of the doubt when he was new and CY to some extent as well.

You are conveniently comparing prospects who haven't gotten a chance to FO personnel who have, when comparing my level of giving the benefit of the doubt. That is a very flawed argument.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh stupidity?

Don’t know all the things behinds there scenes so refrain fro judgement. I think they may see more take in others such as Howard so they give more slack hoping for a hit
Sometimes attitude is an issue like I think Willie had despite many thinking he was wronged.

To me HeArn never handled pressure well

I think yuu have a tendency to blame the FO for shortcomings of prospects. The prospects get your benefit of the doubt but the FO rarely gets the benefit of the doubt.

You think the Marcus S is a bad pickup yet he was an All star starter. Probably because you think he want age well but likely because you think he blocked a potential superstar prospect.
We shall see. I like Sagesee but think he is more of an IF guy looking at his build

One thing is sure is there is alot of MLB talent in the minors. We are hoping that more than a couple are elite MLB players

Thanks for your posts

Fans are a fickle bunch. People (not on this site) were ready to anoint Anderson as the new closer after his first major league appearance.

Point being: front offices take into account a lot of things when it comes to players, certainly far more than we as reactionary fans do. many times their decisions don't work out - and many times they do. but they know more than us, they see more than us, and they evaluate more than us.

I don't always agree with what they do, but I also can't look past the fact that they're working with a lot more info than I am, so who am I to say they should be doing this or that.

Except Same Huff, obviously. They definitely need to keep him in AAA.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of us knows everything the FO knows. Therefore, none of us know if any decision they make is right. If we are too ignorant to know when they are wrong, then we are too ignorant to know if they are right. If!

I mean maybe the Rangers were right about Odor, Kirkman, Howard, King, Fielder and a few others.

Maybe they were right to ignore the shortcomings of the bullpen in the offseasons. I mean maybe it was best that we lost several games in the late innings, so far this year, because of our bullpen. We just cannot see the big picture. Lol

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gave JD the benefit of the doubt when he was new and CY to some extent as well.

You are conveniently comparing prospects who haven't gotten a chance to FO personnel who have, when comparing my level of giving the benefit of the doubt. That is a very flawed argument.
We all have opinions and to me most donget they chance. Guess that could be considered subjective in my part.
Have to think good business is to put your best players out there and play the king game with those you consider can do eventually so well at the MLB level with your club.
Evidently they thought Hearn would not or maybe best case scenario they are getting ready to add relief and needs the spot soon

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pirates are making Bednar available
At a kings ransom. The players who are truly available are the ones with expiring contracts in teams ready to bail
Captain obvious on my part

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, we don't know what is going on behind the scenes with the Angels, but we sure do criticize them a lot. In fact, I would imagine we know a whole lot less about what they are doing compared to what our front office is doing.

Is the difference just that we don't like any criticism of the home team, buy we relish it when it comes to the competition? I mean, that would be a natural way of looking at it.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has time left to fill out.
Therein lies the risk. While Wyatt look huge.
I am not down on Thomas S. Just think we have to see come gains for anyone to pass Leody
Really the same is for Carter. He need to fill out

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have opinions and to me most donget they chance. Guess that could be considered subjective in my part.
Have to think good business is to put your best players out there and play the king game with those you consider can do eventually so well at the MLB level with your club.
Evidently they thought Hearn would not or maybe best case scenario they are getting ready to add relief and needs the spot soon
I think it would be best to discuss these things on an individual basis. I have absolutely no problem with DFAing Hearn. I sat through his last start in Detroit last year. I would have been happy to cut him then. Lol

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not down on Thomas S. Just think we have to see come gains for anyone to pass Leody
Well, I never said they should be up here now. I simply gave a what if post about what could have happened, knowing it was way past that possibility.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His bat will most likely be significantly better than Leody's. I doubt it will even be close 3 years from now.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At a kings ransom. The players who are truly available are the ones with expiring contracts in teams ready to bail
Captain obvious on my part
He has multiple years left so yeah he will cost. But probably worth it