• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

rangers trade thoughts........

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand Colorado and Toronto, but Philly really confuses me....I understand that you think your rotation with Lee, Hamels, and Halladay can keep you competitive, but Lee and Halladay are getting old and who knows how much more they have left in the tank. With what they have now I just cant see them being competitive now or in the near future so I dont understand why you dont trade your valuable pieces to get younger.

They just confuse me, I dont see why they were not pushing to trade Young, Utley, Ruiz, Rollins, and Lee. I know that is a lot of their talent to trade away, but keeping them is not going to extended their window of competition, that has already past IMO.

Rollins had a full no trade and wasn't going to waive a trade anyway, Lee they were asking for way too much, thats on them, Young wouldn't have got them much anyway, but I guess its better than nothing, Utley.... not sure there, same with Ruiz

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like it would have cost us to much go to trade for anybody. Can't blame JD, he tried.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps thanks for all the info you provided this week. Really appreciate.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good old Bud has succeed in screwing up baseball trades with his second wild card change. Teams that should be selling are not selling because they want their fans to think they still have a chance to make playoffs. This is a smoke and mirrors situation with the fans. It will also delay the rebuilding process for these teams that hang on to false hope for this season. This caused a scarcity of available trade pieces and an escalation in the value of the few available players. The marginal ones who would have moved in the past are now stuck on teams going nowhere.

We were lucky that JD got Garza. It is easy to understand now why it cost so many prospects. We can only hope the offense continues to awaken like it has the past two game. If not and especially if Cruz is suspended the Rangers are likely going to struggle.

Bud fixing what ain't broke is an epic failure. :L

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terps thanks for all the info you provided this week. Really appreciate.
Yes I second that. Your info has been fascinating and spot on every time. Thanks for making this process so much fun.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowden gave JD some props (even though Bowden is always suggesting we trade Profar and Perez for a bag of potato chips)

I'm inclined to mostly agree, maybe I wouldn't have given him an A, but a B+ for sure

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 5.06.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 5.06.50 PM.png
    45.9 KB · Views: 56

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess that fresh new right handed bat is going to have to come in the form or Soto. He has given them a boost the last few games I guess... I like it.

Honestly, it is probably good they didn't do to much. Now if Stanton become available in the of season, we still have some great pieces to throw at them.

slugger82685

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is also batting .346 over the last 7 games.

he is going to be a key player for us, needs to keep getting on base.

As for the trade deadline, while we would have liked to add a bat, I am glad we didnt overpay for a guy like Rios. I truly believe JD did all he could to add a significant bat, but that piece just wasnt available. Again, I am hoping these last couple walk off wins will give this team a spark.

On a side note, why has Profar not been playing? It does no good for his development if he is constantly on the bench. I know he hasn't done anything real great, but getting experience for him is invaluable right now and I think he needs to be worked into the lineup more than he has lately.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is going to be a key player for us, needs to keep getting on base.

As for the trade deadline, while we would have liked to add a bat, I am glad we didnt overpay for a guy like Rios. I truly believe JD did all he could to add a significant bat, but that piece just wasnt available. Again, I am hoping these last couple walk off wins will give this team a spark.

On a side note, why has Profar not been playing? It does no good for his development if he is constantly on the bench. I know he hasn't done anything real great, but getting experience for him is invaluable right now and I think he needs to be worked into the lineup more than he has lately.

which is why Profar needs to be at AAA playing every day

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are very welcome. Happy to have made a rather boring deadline somewhat interesting!

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Lee on waivers again (not that we would want him).

Here's one last bit of deadline info I got: Last night at around 6 we were heavily involved with the blue jays to get bautista. Rangers would've traded Profar, Alfaro, Luke Jackson, and one lesser prospect (assuming this is Ryan Rua). The trade was actually close. Then for some reason the Blue Jays backed out and told JD that they just couldn't do it and tried to trade us encarnacion for the same players instead. We didn't want to do that, so the trade fell through. We asked them at least 2 more times today to reconsider, but they didn't. We also talked to the Rockies and one other team about a 3 team trade with us getting Cargo and losing Profar, E. Beltre, plus more prospects. This trade wasn't very close though, it was just a discussion. Then at around noon today we had preliminary talks to Miami about Stanton. Miami said this morning they were "willing to listen" on him. We talked to them about sending Profar, Perez, and some others. I don't have much more on this other than Miami wanted one major league ready outfielder in return. So it didn't work out. It was at this point where JD stopped going after the really big bats. In the last 20 minutes he made a late push at Hunter Pence and Michael Morse. Obviously these didn't work out either. He had an extremely busy day. The man tried his best, but it was just one of those years. We'll be big players this offseason I'm sure.

Hope this interests some. I know it was after the fact, but I guess its a testament at the type of day our GM has had

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I wouldnt be surprised at all to see Lee on waivers again (not that we would want him).

Here's one last bit of deadline info I got: Last night at around 6 we were heavily involved with the blue jays to get bautista. Rangers would've traded Profar, Alfaro, Luke Jackson, and one lesser prospect (assuming this is Ryan Rua). The trade was actually close. Then for some reason the Blue Jays backed out and told JD that they just couldn't do it and tried to trade us encarnacion for the same players instead. We didn't want to do that, so the trade fell through. We asked them at least 2 more times today to reconsider, but they didn't. We also talked to the Rockies and one other team about a 3 team trade with us getting Cargo and losing Profar, E. Beltre, plus more prospects. This trade wasn't very close though, it was just a discussion. Then at around noon today we had preliminary talks to Miami about Stanton. Miami said this morning they were "willing to listen" on him. We talked to them about sending Profar, Perez, and some others. I don't have much more on this other than Miami wanted one major league ready outfielder in return. So it didn't work out. It was at this point where JD stopped going after the really big bats. In the last 20 minutes he made a late push at Hunter Pence and Michael Morse. Obviously these didn't work out either. He had an extremely busy day. The man tried his best, but it was just one of those years. We'll be big players this offseason I'm sure.

Hope this interests some. I know it was after the fact, but I guess its a testament at the type of day our GM has had

If thats the package we truly offered for Bautista then somebody drugged JD, and gave the Jays GM a double dose

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya the text must've been a typo at that point. When I was typing it out it didn't seem right either. But that's what the text said

dammittman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have loved to get Bautista, and had heard about that possible trade as well. However, since we couldnt score a BIG bat. I am glad we didnt overpay for an average player. I think we have above average players now if they could perform up to their potential. Murphy has looked much better over the last few games. Baker has a better AVG than Rios and almost as many HR's. Murphy has about the same AVG as Rios about the same number of HR's. I say, if/when we lose Cruz, we let Murphy and Gentry platoon LF and let Baker play RF everyday.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bautista is a great player though.... he is getting paid alot. JD was desperate to make a move. He was willing to do anything. It looks like though in the middle of the discussions the jays deemed bautista untouchable. I guess that's a reasonable explanation