• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers hosting the Jays 4-6,7,8

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought he had a great swing and could not figure out why his stats were always so bad. I guess he finally figured it out.

Just another in the long line of 1st baseman who, after leaving here, figure it out and b/c productive for someone else.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom of the lineup looks like dog shit

3 guys who play everyday hitting below .200

Some changes might be needed in a week or two if this doesn’t turn around.
wait a minute nearly everyone on this board said that all these guys needed was a chance to play so suck it up and live with what we've got and that goes for the pitchers too

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Estrada seems to love pitching here.

Maybe JD can acquire him and he can pitch shut outs for us at the ballpark every 5th day :yes:
Brilliant idea. Don't hold your breath.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait a minute nearly everyone on this board said that all these guys needed was a chance to play so suck it up and live with what we've got and that goes for the pitchers too
Hold on a minute. Just how would you go about rebuilding a team?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just another in the long line of 1st baseman who, after leaving here, figure it out and b/c productive for someone else.
Hopefully we have got that figured out. No! Not Eph. Joey. lol

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! Good one. I hope not everybody actually said that about the pitchers because I am not a Matt Moore fan and would rather stick Colon out there every 5th game instead of Moore. I know Colon has no future value for us but neither does Moore and maybe we can win those games once in a while. You score 5 runs you normally should win.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA! Good one. I hope not everybody actually said that about the pitchers because I am not a Matt Moore fan and would rather stick Colon out there every 5th game instead of Moore. I know Colon has no future value for us but neither does Moore and maybe we can win those games once in a while. You score 5 runs you normally should win.
Stop gap pitchers until rebuilding comes to a close. IMO

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold on a minute. Just how would you go about rebuilding a team?
hey I pushed for better pitching and a better LF'er but I was told that we needed tp give Rua, Robinson, Moore etc time so just live with what we got

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey I pushed for better pitching and a better LF'er but I was told that we needed tp give Rua, Robinson, Moore etc time so just live with what we got

And me, for one, has no problem with playing him for an extended period to see what if anything he's got. He being all three of these guys.

Rua has had 23 AB as of today. That's like .04% of what the avg. LF would get in a season. And we knew going in regardless of who we got to play LF and which starting pitching, it IMO was gonna be fools gold.

Said it before, and I'm sticking with it; at least for the foreseeable future. 2018 is all about 2019.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We do need to give Rua more time and let’s face it. We’re not winning jack shit this season anyways. What fucking difference does it make if we win 75 games or 70 games? No sense in spending resources to get “better” if it’s not going to make a damn bit of difference in the end. Just keep your powder dry and hopefully Hamels, Choo, and Beltre will build some kind of value.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We do need to give Rua more time and let’s face it. We’re not winning jack shit this season anyways. What fucking difference does it make if we win 75 games or 70 games? No sense in spending resources to get “better” if it’s not going to make a damn bit of difference in the end. Just keep your powder dry and hopefully Hamels, Choo, and Beltre will build some kind of value.

You're saying what I've been saying - at least attempting to say - for many months.

At the end of this season, I want us to know the following: (1) Can Rua be an everyday, and/or platoon OFer? And the same for Robinson. (2) Is there any reason to hang onto Profar? (3) Can DDJ maintain his offensive capabilities, play CF or is he a LF (4) Exactly how bleak is our catching situation? (5) Did any of these make-shift pick-ups on the hill give us hope for 2019?

And by no means am I suggesting that any one of these guys gets 'all' of 2018 to fish-or-cut-bait. There's no room for any Odor treatment in 2018. And that includes Odor. ha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're saying what I've been saying - at least attempting to say - for many months.

At the end of this season, I want us to know the following: (1) Can Rua be an everyday, and/or platoon OFer? And the same for Robinson. (2) Is there any reason to hang onto Profar? (3) Can DDJ maintain his offensive capabilities, play CF or is he a LF (4) Exactly how bleak is our catching situation? (5) Did any of these make-shift pick-ups on the hill give us hope for 2019?

And by no means am I suggesting that any one of these guys gets 'all' of 2018 to fish-or-cut-bait. There's no room for any Odor treatment in 2018. And that includes Odor. ha

Here is what I see:
1. Some do not yet see we are in process of rebuilding
2. " " " understand that the new acquired pitchers were no more than a stop gap.
3. Some do not understand that players must have ample playing so an evaluation can be made.
4. Most of all, Rome was not built in a day.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all wanted better pitching. I stated early on I wanted Ohtani, Darvish and Mikolas. I don't remember anyone not wanting Ohtani before he went to the Angels.

Once they went to ST with the players they had and after they sent Calhoun down it became evident that they needed to give Rua an extended look. I still feel the same way.

Last edited:

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t wait for Barnette to get back.

Solution to all our problems. :trash:

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I see:
1. Some do not yet see we are in process of rebuilding
2. " " " understand that the new acquired pitchers were no more than a stop gap.
3. Some do not understand that players must have ample playing so an evaluation can be made.
4. Most of all, Rome was not built in a day.
I keep seeing you say stop gap pitchers. I can agree but I hope you are not telling me Moore is your stop gap over Colon. Neither one will make a difference down the road but if I am out on the field give me our best option to compete.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No bullet points but yes in offseason we shot gunned a bunch of pitchers to see which ones could stick some who can be extended. No real money spent, took a chance on DeShields, list out in Ohtani and left with LFs under auditions likely IMO not a big factor in 2020. Rua has some pop, decent arm, good speed. Will see how he plays out. Robinson maybe a tad more versatile but still hoping for a gifted OF where all guys are CF worthy.

Regardless a lot of ball to play and yes Moore may have been a waste of money. So we shall see. Not sure how long the rope is going to be

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless a lot of ball to play and yes Moore may have been a waste of money. So we shall see. Not sure how long the rope is going to be

I’m sure his rope is much shorter than odors.

I go to at least one home game a year. I have tickets for a game in May when the Yankees come to town and I fully expect to see Odor in the line up hitting .210 or less.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep seeing you say stop gap pitchers. I can agree but I hope you are not telling me Moore is your stop gap over Colon. Neither one will make a difference down the road but if I am out on the field give me our best option to compete.
No not at all. By that I mean they are here while we get ready to make a run once again. Nothing more.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what we need to see from Rua. RBI sac fly