• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Mariners For Three Games August 12-14

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITCHING PROBABLES: Mariners: George Kirby (3-3, 3.40 ERA, 1.17 WHIP, 81 strikeouts); Rangers: Josh Sborz (0-0, 5.87 ERA, 1.57 WHIP, 21 strikeouts)

The Rangers send out Dunning and Perez to pitch Saturday and Sunday.

BOTTOM LINE: The Texas Rangers begin a three-game series at home against the Seattle Mariners on Friday.

Texas is 49-62 overall and 23-31 at home. The Rangers are 33-12 in games when they out-hit their opponents.

Seattle has a 30-26 record in road games and a 61-52 record overall. The Mariners have hit 126 total home runs to rank sixth in the AL.

The teams meet Friday for the 14th time this season. The Mariners are up 11-2 in the season series.

TOP PERFORMERS: Adolis Garcia has 21 doubles, four triples, 19 home runs and 71 RBI for the Rangers. Marcus Semien is 9-for-40 with three home runs over the last 10 games.

J.P. Crawford has 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 28 RBI for the Mariners. Sam Haggerty is 11-for-26 with two doubles and two home runs over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Rangers: 3-7, .238 batting average, 4.65 ERA, outscored by 14 runs

Mariners: 6-4, .208 batting average, 3.93 ERA, outscored by five runs

INJURIES: Rangers: Spencer Howard: 15-Day IL (shoulder), Dennis Santana: 15-Day IL (ankle), Kole Calhoun: 10-Day IL (heel), Jon Gray: 15-Day IL (side), Joe Barlow: 15-Day IL (blister), Mitch Garver: 60-Day IL (forearm), Eli White: 60-Day IL (wrist)

Mariners: Ryan Borucki: 15-Day IL (forearm), Jesse Winker: day-to-day (back), Matthew Boyd: 60-Day IL (elbow), Julio Rodriguez: 10-Day IL (wrist), Ken Giles: 15-Day IL (shoulder), Tom Murphy: 60-Day IL (shoulder), Taylor Trammell: 10-Day IL (hamstring), Evan White: 60-Day IL (hernia), Casey Sadler: 60-Day IL (shoulder)

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Ragans told reporters at Minute Maid Park that he fell behind too many hitters and wasn’t able to beat them with fastballs as he tried to get back in the count. The Astros are one of the best teams in baseball at laying off pitches out of the strike zone.

Walks weren’t an issue for Ragans this season in the minors, with only 31 in 94 2/3 innings, but he has issued seven in his first 9 1/3 innings in the majors. His first two starts, though, have been against the White Sox, who crush lefties, and the Astros, who crush everybody.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Ragans told reporters at Minute Maid Park that he fell behind too many hitters and wasn’t able to beat them with fastballs as he tried to get back in the count. The Astros are one of the best teams in baseball at laying off pitches out of the strike zone.

Walks weren’t an issue for Ragans this season in the minors, with only 31 in 94 2/3 innings, but he has issued seven in his first 9 1/3 innings in the majors. His first two starts, though, have been against the White Sox, who crush lefties, and the Astros, who crush everybody.
Definitely like to see his FB improve

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Evan Carter, TEX (19): Carter was making headway towards Top 100 lists in early 2021 before a season-ending injury left him stranded with just 146 plate appearances. He ascended to High-A this season and has hit like a champ; .285/.376/.484 with 10 home runs and 22 steals in 395 plate appearances. He has plate discipline and an advanced feel for contact. This is the starter kit for a polished and highly valuable hitter, non-superstar division. BA has him 43rd.

Josh Jung, TEX, (24): This last one isn’t about the rankings (roughly 50th on both lists). Jung is back in action, demonstrating power and discipline over 44 rehab plate appearances. He has three games in Triple-A and could soon reach the Majors. Remember, he was a candidate to make the Rangers out of Spring Training. While they could play service shenanigans to gain control of his age-31 season, it might behoove the club more to get his feet wet.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leody is leading the team BA at.301.:yo::nod:

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Cody said that his stuff is back to where it was before the injury, with a mid- to upper-90s fastball and one of the best sliders in the system. He also throws a changeup. The fastball had reached up to 96 mph last month, and Cody was confident more velocity was on the way.

He might be on his way to Triple A Round Rock once he’s done in Arizona, where he has dominated (1.04 ERA, 14 strikeouts, two walks in 8 2/3 innings). That could be as soon as next week.

Cody doesn’t care where he goes. He’s healthy and just wants to pitch after another long rehab stint in Arizona.

“Honestly, just working my way back to getting to where I was and to become better than where it was,” he said. “Because I was pitching then with some setbacks and with some bumps along the way, when I’m healthy I feel like the sky is honestly the limit and I can reach higher aspirations.”

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of weird we have to do a bullpen game

Just a big disappointment of a year for pitchers in the MLB. Hope White is ok. Maybe Leiter can turn the corner. But not too much to cheer about. I think it is an overall setback and a lot of unmet expectations

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Cody said that his stuff is back to where it was before the injury, with a mid- to upper-90s fastball and one of the best sliders in the system. He also throws a changeup. The fastball had reached up to 96 mph last month, and Cody was confident more velocity was on the way.

He might be on his way to Triple A Round Rock once he’s done in Arizona, where he has dominated (1.04 ERA, 14 strikeouts, two walks in 8 2/3 innings). That could be as soon as next week.

Cody doesn’t care where he goes. He’s healthy and just wants to pitch after another long rehab stint in Arizona.

“Honestly, just working my way back to getting to where I was and to become better than where it was,” he said. “Because I was pitching then with some setbacks and with some bumps along the way, when I’m healthy I feel like the sky is honestly the limit and I can reach higher aspirations.”
If he can pull a comeback, what a huge plus

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of weird we have to do a bullpen game

Just a big disappointment of a year for pitchers in the MLB. Hope White is ok. Maybe Leiter can turn the corner. But not too much to cheer about. I think it is an overall setback and a lot of unmet expectations
I'm starting to wonder about the pitching coaches at AA and AAA.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Jeff Wilson:

Hope he stays healthy.