• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rangers Host Oakland June 5-6

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar's has gone all Gallo on us.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bartolo is obsessed with this runner
And I missed the one you're talking about. ha ha ha

But yes, early on, directly over his head and it was a rocket. He caught it 1/2 step before he crashed into the wall. Knocked his hat off, and 'revealed' that funky hairdo he's got now. ha It took nothing away from the speed/concentration/catch though.

Oh this one

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked yesterday when you guys think our WS window opens. To me the earliest is 2022 with an outside chance of 2021. I just don't see our lower level talent being able to help us too much before then. It would be asking a lot to expect them to be able to take us to the WS as rookies or maybe even as second year players. It has taken Mazara in to his third season to start to reach his potential and most of those younger guys will probably be the same way.

I think we will develop too many holes to address in free agency.

The worst thing that could happen is for the organization to decide once we get into contention for a wildcard to go all in and mortgage the future for what would then be the present. That would set us back another 5 years or so.

For me it depends on:
A) the development the rest of this year by guys like Gallo, IKF, Guzman, Profar & Odor at the ML level
B) Expected development by minor league guys that are higher ranked
C) Unexpected development by off the radar guys (J. Hernandez, A. Jurado)
D) People coming back from injury (Palumbo, Crouse, Ragans, etc...)
E) Ability to lure a upper tier pitcher due to new weather friendlier park
F) Smart FA moves to fill gaps like bullpen

Projecting that out is really difficult bc I can't say where these guys will be at the end of the year, much less next year, much less 2 years from now

Health is about as impossible to project whether currently injured or might get injured

I like what i see from some of these guys and could see some making big strides this year, but could just as easily level out or even regress

I can see us being much improved next year

I see us being competitive in 2020 for sure, WS contenders maybe not

2021 is when I see WS aspirations again, but once again lots of question marks

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look out Roogie

Actually what may happen is Odor maintains at 2nd, and Profar moves over to 3rd, with IKF either taking over the 'super IF position' or goes down.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually what may happen is Odor maintains at 2nd, and Profar moves over to 3rd, with IKF either taking over the 'super IF position' or goes down.
I like Guzmzn 1st Profar 2nd IKF 3rd Elvis ss FA catcher

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Profar showed his immaturity there. He had almost 'no chance' on the out. Just eat it and be done.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Guzmzn 1st Profar 2nd IKF 3rd Elvis ss FA catcher

If catcher is at all on IKF's radar for the future, he needs to go down and spend some time squating.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altough he got the out at 1st, another weak play by Profar to make that play even close.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big job if 2020 is target date.

Ya think? I got the 'impression' - and that's all it is - they don't project him as a starter behind the plate. Just another tool for his belt, so to speak. Backup at best, emergency in reality.....But what a tool to have; very good defensively at 2nd/3rd, backup at catcher, and emergency SS....Also, can hit damn near anywhere in the lineup.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me it depends on:
A) the development the rest of this year by guys like Gallo, IKF, Guzman, Profar & Odor at the ML level
B) Expected development by minor league guys that are higher ranked
C) Unexpected development by off the radar guys (J. Hernandez, A. Jurado)
D) People coming back from injury (Palumbo, Crouse, Ragans, etc...)
E) Ability to lure a upper tier pitcher due to new weather friendlier park
F) Smart FA moves to fill gaps like bullpen

Projecting that out is really difficult bc I can't say where these guys will be at the end of the year, much less next year, much less 2 years from now

Health is about as impossible to project whether currently injured or might get injured

I like what i see from some of these guys and could see some making big strides this year, but could just as easily level out or even regress

I can see us being much improved next year

I see us being competitive in 2020 for sure, WS contenders maybe not

2021 is when I see WS aspirations again, but once again lots of question marks

Lineup should be fine as long as guys progress and learn to have more professional ABs, one of those things that usually happens with more experience

Starting pitching, honestly no clue, thats going to be and always going to be the determining factor, but in 2020 you're looking at Mendez, Crouse, Hernandez, Cody, Alexy, Ragans, Palumbo, Jurado, Martin, Matuella, a couple FAs, quality TBD

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom making some good points concerning what scouts do.