• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Rangers Host Oakland June 5-6

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked yesterday when you guys think our WS window opens. To me the earliest is 2022 with an outside chance of 2021. I just don't see our lower level talent being able to help us too much before then. It would be asking a lot to expect them to be able to take us to the WS as rookies or maybe even as second year players. It has taken Mazara in to his third season to start to reach his potential and most of those younger guys will probably be the same way.

I think we will develop too many holes to address in free agency.

The worst thing that could happen is for the organization to decide once we get into contention for a wildcard to go all in and mortgage the future for what would then be the present. That would set us back another 5 years or so.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The tweets don't show up on my phone, its just a blank looking post
Sometimes they load slowly on my phone, but they eventually do. I don't think I could open them in a separate window even if I wanted to though.

There probably won't be too much to post about the draft from this point on anyway, but if I do post a tweet I will say what it is in regards to above it. That way you will know that it doesn't interest you. Will that do for now?

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes they load slowly on my phone, but they eventually do. I don't think I could open them in a separate window even if I wanted to though.

There probably won't be too much to post about the draft from this point on anyway, but if I do post a tweet I will say what it is in regards to above it. That way you will know that it doesn't interest you. Will that do for now?

Sure, thanks for that

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Explores Yanks interest in Hamels. He will get traded I think

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst thing that could happen is for the organization to decide once we get into contention for a wildcard to go all in and mortgage the future for what would then be the present. That would set us back another 5 years or so.

You really don't like the Wild Card.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really don't like the Wild Card.
I don't mind it if it is a case where a team weathers some storms along the way like injuries, and finishes as a team much better than their record.

If a team is a mid to upper 80s win team and that is how they finish I don't think it is wise to mortgage the future to make sure you win a wildcard.

If management is happy to ride it out and they still win a wuldcard then that is fine with me.

I do hate the addition of the second wildcard. The one game play in hurts their chances to advance.

That being said, I wouldn't mind taking advantage of the second wildcard hopefuls this year by trading players to teams who shouldn't be trading away prospects to chase after fool's gold

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked yesterday when you guys think our WS window opens. To me the earliest is 2022 with an outside chance of 2021. I just don't see our lower level talent being able to help us too much before then. It would be asking a lot to expect them to be able to take us to the WS as rookies or maybe even as second year players. It has taken Mazara in to his third season to start to reach his potential and most of those younger guys will probably be the same way.

I think we will develop too many holes to address in free agency.

2020 we will be competing IMO. FO will make a FA splash for new AC ballpark. Re we start out as legit WS projected contenders. Probably not but Braves are ahead of schedule and Mariners are overproducing. Way too many variables to predict. Perhaps I am optimistic. Going to need guys to get better like Gallo Maz etc.

While some like IKF and Profar have been pleasant surprises, they still are not near burning it down at an elite level and the same is for our big guns. Perhaps one of our starting position players gets moved

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers made a total of 31 draft picks and only 2 of them played on a corner. They drafted 2 corner outfielders. I am not sure what exactly that means, but the Braves for example picked 7 such players.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020 we will be competing IMO. FO will make a FA splash for new AC ballpark. Re we start out as legit WS projected contenders. Probably not but Braves are ahead of schedule and Mariners are overproducing. Way too many variables to predict. Perhaps I am optimistic. Going to need guys to get better like Gallo Maz etc.

While some like IKF and Profar have been pleasant surprises, they still are not near burning it down at an elite level and the same is for our big guns. Perhaps one of our starting position players gets moved
Okay, talk me into this. What is your projected starting lineup for 2020, top 5 bullpen pieces and 5 starting pitchers for 2020. You can fill in any FA acquisition in any slots that you want to, but include the average annual value of those free agent contracts if you do so so that I can understand how much you expect them to spend.

Like:

C FA(free agent acquisition)
1B Guman
2B Odor
3B IKF
etc.

#1 SP FA
#2 SP FA
#3 SP Palumbo
etc

#1 RP Kela
#2 RP FA
etc.

I would like to get an idea of how you think we look as a WS competitor in 2020. I have thought about it and I just can't make it work that early.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok Bennie. Here is a shot in the dark with some blanks I trust JD to fill in

C IKF
1B Guman
2B Odor or Profar
3B Gallo
SS Elvis
LF open
CF JPM
RF Mazara
DH Willie Rakes unless traded

#1 SP FA
#2 SP Hernandez
#3 SP Minor
#4 SP Palumbo
#5 SP unknown Minor leaguer who starred in surprise
etc

#1 RP Kela
#2 RP
# 3 Choplick

Plenty of minor league relief depth.

They will compete and will assess midseason to see if a playoff run is imminent.

Fire away

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy Shit! Davis K's looking. Will wonders never cease?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what exactly that means

Nor does anyone else, including the Braves. It just is what was available, and projecting 3-5 years into the future.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nor does anyone else, including the Braves. It just is what was available, and projecting 3-5 years into the future.
I just chuckled and scratched my head.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maz is a hitting machine with a bright future ahead