• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers favorites for Darvish? In on Pujols?

shtexas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As for Darvish, espn radio said this morning that to get into the Darvish sweepstakes and ultimately sign him will cost the Rangers over $100 million. But, to sign CJ will cost around $75-$80 million.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Darvish, espn radio said this morning that to get into the Darvish sweepstakes and ultimately sign him will cost the Rangers over $100 million. But, to sign CJ will cost around $75-$80 million.

too early to know what path the Rangers are going to go. to get into the bidding sweepstakes and win it a team will have to go 40-50M and then be looking at signing him to a 3-, 4- or 5-year worth around 50M. most of the teams don't count the bid amount.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is the better value in my opinion, and safer bet. Signing him for 75-85 million and if we pick up someone like Oswalt on the cheap would still allow us the funds to sign some of the big guns. How can you not count the 50m it will take just to talk to the guy. It is still 50 m coming out of the Rangers pockets.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CJ is the better value in my opinion, and safer bet. Signing him for 75-85 million and if we pick up someone like Oswalt on the cheap would still allow us the funds to sign some of the big guns. How can you not count the 50m it will take just to talk to the guy. It is still 50 m coming out of the Rangers pockets.

i'm not the one who would be counting the 50M. most teams that get involve in these things look at that as outside their baseball funds. they set aside a certain amount for the operational payroll.

i agree in that CJ should be the #1 target and then Michael Gonzalez and then if we could get Oswalt on the cheap this team could seriously look at Pujols while still signing Hamilton, Napoli, Kinsler & Cruz to decent contracts.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not the one who would be counting the 50M. most teams that get involve in these things look at that as outside their baseball funds. they set aside a certain amount for the operational payroll.

i agree in that CJ should be the #1 target and then Michael Gonzalez and then if we could get Oswalt on the cheap this team could seriously look at Pujols while still signing Hamilton, Napoli, Kinsler & Cruz to decent contracts.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that is what they will do. If they don't get CJ I see them making a hard push for Buehrle. I think he would do fine here. The white sox park is pretty hitter friendly and he should transition to Arlington fine. I say Texas picks up Colby's option no matter what. If they don't want to keep him they can use him as a pretty decent trade piece.