• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers favorites for Darvish? In on Pujols?

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buster Olney, MLB - ESPN

Read it on ESPN...

Olney on Pujols: "It will be fascinating because it feels like we're hearing more and seeing more that the Texas Rangers, at some point this fall, are probably going to be major players for one of the big-time free agents, and you wonder if Albert will be that guy. How far would they push the Cardinals in the offer they (may) make?"

Olney on Darvish: "There is no doubt that there is going to be a lot of play on Yu Darvish. Within the industry, the team that's considered to be the favorite going into the process is the Texas Rangers."

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VERY interesting/awesome to hear "They think they're baseball's next dynasty" thrown on the end of the clip....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That would be awesome! Could you imagine Pujols at TBIA?! wow! I'd" settle" for Fielder though, since we have enough big RH bats.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
All this means is that Buster Olney is listening to Pujols' agent who is saying that TEX would be considered a suitor for his client. Dan Lozano is just using TEX interest as a way to pump up competition and jack up the price.

In no way could TEX have made any kind of statement in any way about Pujols future without getting a huge MLB fine for meddling with a player under contract to STL.

As for Darvish ... it is the media types including Olney who want to create a stir and sell stories through sports media outlets. There is no news in a piece that says "nobody is interested in Darvish" ... so they are creating hype not necessarily designed to get Darvish signed ... but to sell their stories.

Darvish has said he has not decided on whether he wants to play in the U.S. So all this is is smoke and media hype by Olney and others.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be awesome! Could you imagine Pujols at TBIA?! wow! I'd" settle" for Fielder though, since we have enough big RH bats.

fatty Fielder would melt in the Texas heat and Pujols clobbers both left & right hand pitching so it doesn't matter.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY WHORE MOUTH

Sometimes there is something to said for parental controls. 15 year olds should stick to computer games.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys, Al doesn't believe we should talk about any "rumors"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yu will be a good ML pitcher. I know the track record with Japanese pitchers, but I've watched a lot of his videos, and his stuff is ridiculous. 7 pitches that he can all locate and strike you out with, and the number's he's put up at his age, I don't see him being a bust. Not saying he'll be a top 5 ace(although he might) but I think he will be very good.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TEX finished the 2011 regular season only ONE WIN behind the team with the best AL win-loss record ... and is slated to play in World Series Game 6 tomorrow night ... and if it wins that game ... it is the 2011 World Series Champions.

... and they did that and could do that tomorrow night without dropping $100MM on a potentially good AAAA Japanese League pitcher ... it only cost them $5MM for Colby Lewis for two years ... and two trips to the World Series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby dropped about 2 or 3MPH(most of the time) off his fastball from last year to this year. I'm not very confident that he could play another full season and still bring it in the playoffs.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEX finished the 2011 regular season only ONE WIN behind the team with the best AL win-loss record ... and is slated to play in World Series Game 6 tomorrow night ... and if it wins that game ... it is the 2011 World Series Champions.

... and they did that and could do that tomorrow night without dropping $100MM on a potentially good AAAA Japanese League pitcher ... it only cost them $5MM for Colby Lewis for two years ... and two trips to the World Series.

yes they did and it doesn't hurt to discuss possible moves that could keep the team ahead of its main competitors. what ever the rangers do this off-season will be what they think they need to do to keep the team at the top of the pile. they may decide to do nothing and go with what got them to 2 straight WS or they may decide an up-grade is needed at a position or 2, who knows. i think it's fun to try and figure what their moves might be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind Al, he hates everyone, including himself.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine Pujols here? The amount of protection our lineup could give him! So you want to walk Pujols? Fine, then you can face Hamilton. Want to walk him too? Ok, then Beltre with two on. Walk him too? Sure, load em up for NC-17.

With that said, it won't happen. Texas will spend this offseason, but it will be on all pitching.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine Pujols here? The amount of protection our lineup could give him! So you want to walk Pujols? Fine, then you can face Hamilton. Want to walk him too? Ok, then Beltre with two on. Walk him too? Sure, load em up for NC-17.

With that said, it won't happen. Texas will spend this offseason, but it will be on all pitching.

agree that pitching will be their main target but could you imagine a batting order of:

Kinsler
Andrus
Pujols
Hamilton
Beltre
Young
Cruz
Napoli
Chavez/Gentry

pitchers would lie awake at night dreading the next day

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree that pitching will be their main target but could you imagine a batting order of:

Kinsler
Andrus
Pujols
Hamilton
Beltre
Young
Cruz
Napoli
Chavez/Gentry

pitchers would lie awake at night dreading the next day

Yup. Having to have Cruz in the 7th spot just because there are no spots higher! I actually think this would be better:

Kinsler
Young
Pujols
Hamilton
Beltre
Cruz
Nap
Andrus
Gentry

Just because Young is a better hitter than Elvis, and I want as many on base as I can get as Murderers Row gets in the box.

Dang, that looks like an AS roster.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. Having to have Cruz in the 7th spot just because there are no spots higher! I actually think this would be better:

Kinsler
Young
Pujols
Hamilton
Beltre
Cruz
Nap
Andrus
Gentry

Just because Young is a better hitter than Elvis, and I want as many on base as I can get as Murderers Row gets in the box.

you could have a winner there too but Andrus has started to hit and could continue to improve plus he's a better bunter which something you want in the 2 hole

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you could have a winner there too but Andrus has started to hit and could continue to improve plus he's a better bunter which something you want in the 2 hole

Yeah, that was my drawback as well. I like having his speed and bunting early on.

Tough problem to have :)

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yu will be a good ML pitcher. I know the track record with Japanese pitchers, but I've watched a lot of his videos, and his stuff is ridiculous. 7 pitches that he can all locate and strike you out with, and the number's he's put up at his age, I don't see him being a bust. Not saying he'll be a top 5 ace(although he might) but I think he will be very good.

all very good pointers but some are put off by the fact he's never thrown a pitch over here and are adamantly opposed to taking a shot at him. IF the Rangers try to get him they will be devastated

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinsler
Young
Pujols
Hamilton
Beltre
Cruz
Nap
Andrus
Gentry

Id revise it a little more.

Kinsler
Young
Pujols
Beltre
Hamilton
Cruz
Nap
Andrus
Gentry/Martin/Chavez