• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers at Oakland Series Thread

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know why he chose to sit guys when the team was rolling. The manager is supposed to have a good feel for the pulse of his team, and every last player said he felt great and didn't need time off. Now the team is in a huge rut and I bet several guys could use a day off just to shake off the cobwebs and restart the system. This is when guys like Snyder and Gonzalez should see a start or two to see if someone different can provide a spark.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't know why he chose to sit guys when the team was rolling. The manager is supposed to have a good feel for the pulse of his team, and every last player said he felt great and didn't need time off. Now the team is in a huge rut and I bet several guys could use a day off just to shake off the cobwebs and restart the system. This is when guys like Snyder and Gonzalez should see a start or two to see if someone different can provide a spark.

Woah don't question wash. Plenty in here will jump your ass.

Wash may handle the players in the clubhouse great, but he has made numerous decisions this year that have directly and clearly had an adverse affect on the team's results. Maybe I didn't see it before, but it just seems to be getting ridiculous now. He's been laughable at best with his decisions and at times has been downright stupid. I wish Maddux would handle these decisions. Hell, I'd take maddux as the head coach over wash right now. His inability to do anything to pull this team out of this funk right now is just one indication of his in effectiveness as a manager.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh btw....

Inb4 jaar shows up to troll and pile on.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They can jump me all they want. It's a very legitimate question, one which a few players didn't even have the answer to when asked... "You'll have to ask him" is basically what their response was. I'm not blaming Wash for this funk nor do I blame him a lot for other things either. But his resting/starting players has a lot of people, not just me and you, scratching their heads. Some people seem to think Wash is infallible and every decision he makes is perfect.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neat. Brandon Moss just collected his first HR as a member of the A's today too! That's now 3 A's who have hit their first HR against us this series.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woah don't question wash. Plenty in here will jump your ass.

Wash may handle the players in the clubhouse great, but he has made numerous decisions this year that have directly and clearly had an adverse affect on the team's results. Maybe I didn't see it before, but it just seems to be getting ridiculous now. He's been laughable at best with his decisions and at times has been downright stupid. I wish Maddux would handle these decisions. Hell, I'd take maddux as the head coach over wash right now. His inability to do anything to pull this team out of this funk right now is just one indication of his in effectiveness as a manager.

You must have missed the inning where Maddux's boy Yu walked two, hit a batter, gave up a hit then reloaded the bases on the way to giving up 4 earned runs. On the other hand, the Rangers were shut out last night and had three hits after 5 innings today. What do you suggest Wash do to make them hit better?

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have missed the inning where Maddux's boy Yu walked two, hit a batter, gave up a hit then reloaded the bases on the way to giving up 4 earned runs. On the other hand, the Rangers were shut out last night and had three hits after 5 innings today. What do you suggest Wash do to make them hit better?

Yeah, I think even the most diehard Wash hater would find it difficult to blame him for this mess of a game.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else I've noticed during this losing stretch... almost all of the Rangers outs have been either weak ground balls or strikeouts. Very few long fly ball outs and even fewer line drive outs. I would settle for some of those at this point. At least it would be a step in the right direction.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'll go ahead and cue up the broken record...

Maybe tomorrow is the day we bounce back to playing like we're capable of. If I keep saying it, one of these days I'll be right.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Everyone else bags all over the team and the manager but I do it and I'm a bad fan. Hmm.

That being said, how does the team get out of this funk? It won't last forever but it may last awhile. They are getting boat raced by the worst teams in the AL over and over again. I say Wash has lost them, and they are playing like entiltled pay-me-now prima donnas. It may take a lost season like this one to right the ship for 2013. We could also use some new blood at the helm. Frankly, to a man, they look like they don't give 2 shits about playing good baseball right now.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what will probably happen is they'll end up letting LA catch up or pass them at some point before the AS break, which should light a fire under their asses. Once Oswalt gets the call and Nefty gets healthy, that should help a lot. A couple trades wouldn't hurt either. They'll get back on track in no time. Too much fuss is being made while we still have the best record in the AL.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Everyone else bags all over the team and the manager but I do it and I'm a bad fan. Hmm.

That being said, how does the team get out of this funk? It won't last forever but it may last awhile. They are getting boat raced by the worst teams in the AL over and over again. I say Wash has lost them, and they are playing like entiltled pay-me-now prima donnas. It may take a lost season like this one to right the ship for 2013. We could also use some new blood at the helm. Frankly, to a man, they look like they don't give 2 shits about playing good baseball right now.

You clearly don't know shit about this team of you think they're being prima donna's. The reason you get bagged on is you always talk shit about them.

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something else I've noticed during this losing stretch... almost all of the Rangers outs have been either weak ground balls or strikeouts. Very few long fly ball outs and even fewer line drive outs. I would settle for some of those at this point. At least it would be a step in the right direction.

The AB's have been more frustrating than the starting pitching.