• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams OL Needs and Fixes

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White will never make to #10. Hell I don't know if he doesn't get grabbed in top 5. I want the Rams to fix the O-line before anything but ksu is right, White at #10 is a thought that has to happen.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with blue and ksu.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, White OR Cooper at #10 is a thought that needs to happen. The O line class is deep. My attitude is that if we end up with 2 long term solutions for the o line out of Scherff,Collins,Cann,Sambrailo,Humphries,Dismukes,Grassu,Kouandjio,Matias or Jackson then we will be in a good place.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, White OR Cooper at #10 is a thought that needs to happen. The O line class is deep. My attitude is that if we end up with 2 long term solutions for the o line out of Scherff,Collins,Cann,Sambrailo,Humphries,Dismukes,Grassu,Kouandjio,Matias or Jackson then we will be in a good place.

I think it's wishful thinking that we end up with two long term solutions, it's rare that we end up with one? Any of these guys can just as easily turn in to Jason Smith, or Barron, people were very high on them also!

Don't get me wrong, I hope we do, I pray that we do, but I'm not counting on it!

Plus I don't see either one of them being there anyway!

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's wishful thinking that we end up with two long term solutions, it's rare that we end up with one? Any of these guys can just as easily turn in to Jason Smith, or Barron, people were very high on them also!

But Smith and Barron were both top 10 picks. If we get guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that become immediate starters (which on our line, any of the guys I listed would) that is just a bonus. And the WR class is so deep I do not see anyone trading up to get White or Cooper so one of them will indeed fall to us at 10 based on only 1` team ahead of us having a need at WR. Now granted, we can also use that as leverage to trade down and get more picks. If we can still be in the late teens or early twenties and grab Clemmings or Humphries or Flowers in round 1 AND get a couple extra picks because someone like Pittsburgh wanted White or Cooper, if I was Snead I would be " ok let's do it". But if Scherff falls to us at #10, we take him, period.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But Smith and Barron were both top 10 picks. If we get guys in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that become immediate starters (which on our line, any of the guys I listed would) that is just a bonus. And the WR class is so deep I do not see anyone trading up to get
White or Cooper so one of them will indeed fall to us at 10 based on only 1` team ahead of us having a need at WR. Now granted, we can also use that as leverage to trade down and get more picks. If we can still be in the late teens or early twenties and grab Clemmings or Humphries or Flowers in round 1 AND get a couple extra picks because someone like Pittsburgh wanted White or Cooper, if I was Snead I would be " ok let's do it". But if Scherff falls to us at #10, we take him, period.

I agree, if we can trade down for more picks that would be even better. Yes one or two of the guys you listed "should" be able to start right away for us, but that's the point I was making with Smith and Barron, if they both were coming out this year, we would still be all over them thinking they were the answer, but as we already know, they weren't even very good! These guys might not be either?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am getting on the bandwagon that is favoring trade down and getting additional picks. I am not sold on Scherff and we could get Peat and still be ahead by trading down.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sold on Scherff and we could get Peat and still be ahead by trading down.

I am sold on Scherff, but he is not that far ahead of Peat or Collins that if someone wanted to move up to 10 to grab a player who was not on our board (end rusher or SS), I would have no issue dropping a few spots and still getting Peat or Collins AND probably and 2nd and 4th maybe.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats going on with Long and Wells, any updates?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sold on Scherff, but he is not that far ahead of Peat or Collins that if someone wanted to move up to 10 to grab a player who was not on our board (end rusher or SS),
I think Scherff is the strongest of the 3 but is strictly a Guard prospect. Peat looks like he is strictly a tackle prospect. A solid but not amazing one. Collins looks like he can play anywhere but not as well as the other two. I still like Scherff the most but 10 does seem a bit rich. I think the team will value Collins versatility though his tape doesn't really jump out at you.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote has been and will continue to be to trade down for extra picks.

IF we don't, I'm in favor of drafting WR Kevin White.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote has been and will continue to be to trade down for extra picks.

IF we don't, I'm in favor of drafting WR Kevin White.

I would take White or Cooper if we stay put (or Winston or Mariota, but fat chance there). If they're both gone, then it's definitely trade down if a deal is available.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams need a lot of help on the offensive line but either QB or top two WRs would make me pause and reflect and probably draft.