• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Current News & Events!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance what he's told the FO he wants is waaaay beyond what they should pay him? Say he's wanting a historic deal for 25M per.

I have to think that It's something extreme, otherwise, why hasn't the contract been negotiated yet?

If he's wanting 20M per, that's about his market and why wouldn't it be done already? I get the feeling Donald is being extremely selfish here and wanting QB type money which is ridiculous regardless of how good he is.

Keep in mind that we have him at a bargain rate, why would we have rushed to renegotiate and hurt our salary cap until we 100% have to?.... Heck, we could technically tag him for the next two years and it would still be a bargain... Not likely to happen, but it is a possibility....

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance what he's told the FO he wants is waaaay beyond what they should pay him? Say he's wanting a historic deal for 25M per.

I have to think that It's something extreme, otherwise, why hasn't the contract been negotiated yet?

If he's wanting 20M per, that's about his market and why wouldn't it be done already? I get the feeling Donald is being extremely selfish here and wanting QB type money which is ridiculous regardless of how good he is.

It's weird Suh is meeting with the Rams. Donald wants his money and still nothing done. 1
Man at that price on the Dline is hard for me to be ok with. He's a great player but something is up

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird Suh is meeting with the Rams. Donald wants his money and still nothing done. 1
Man at that price on the Dline is hard for me to be ok with. He's a great player but something is up

It's really not... Suh is building his market price up, meeting with a bunch of teams and seeing who offers the most, or offers the most interesting situation...
The guy has already made over 100 million for his career, so he can certainly afford to pick and choose anything he wants...

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not... Suh is building his market price up, meeting with a bunch of teams and seeing who offers the most, or offers the most interesting situation...
The guy has already made over 100 million for his career, so he can certainly afford to pick and choose anything he wants...

And talks between Donald and Rams FO seem to be going nowhere. Rams have been making moves

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And talks between Donald and Rams FO seem to be going nowhere. Rams have been making moves

From what I have heard, the Rams and Donalds reps are talking just fine. But why the rush to sign him to a huge deal and kill our cap? We have one year left of his rookie deal, then they could tag him for two years if necessary which would be cheaper, but VERY unlikely..

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I have heard, the Rams and Donalds reps are talking just fine. But why the rush to sign him to a huge deal and kill our cap? We have one year left of his rookie deal, then they could tag him for two years if necessary which would be cheaper, but VERY unlikely..

Because by waiting he becomes more unhappy about the situation.

He already showed that last year with the holdout. The longer they drag this out, the less likely a deal gets done.

Are they Rams going to just get 3 more years out of him and let him walk? Cause the more he gets upset about it, the more likely he doesn't sign a new contract and the Rams have this next season and 2 franchise tags before he bolts.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Hankins be a better fit than Suh for alot less money?

And he's younger

Last edited:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because by waiting he becomes more unhappy about the situation.

He already showed that last year with the holdout. The longer they drag this out, the less likely a deal gets done.

Are they Rams going to just get 3 more years out of him and let him walk? Cause the more he gets upset about it, the more likely he doesn't sign a new contract and the Rams have this next season and 2 franchise tags before he bolts.

First, as I said, It's very unlikely... But just say we did Franchise tag him twice, he'd be 29/30 years old when he would become an unrestricted free agent...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is all about the money, doubt he ends up in LA. Nice thought, but unlikely.

Current top 51 cap space is $35M. Would hate to use all of that on Suh and Donald's extension. This team needs LBs badly (and potentially a WR; Hurns was just cut).
You are probably right shops, but like hewhoshallnotbenamed, he has made a butt load of money just because of his draft year. The Rams are ready to make a solid run at titles (Yes, that's with an 's') If he and somewhat AD can sign team friendly deals, I'm ready to rock with what we have and add rookies... maybe Westbrooks can play LB?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right shops, but like hewhoshallnotbenamed, he has made a butt load of money just because of his draft year. The Rams are ready to make a solid run at titles (Yes, that's with an 's') If he and somewhat AD can sign team friendly deals, I'm ready to rock with what we have and add rookies... maybe Westbrooks can play LB?

Sounds like Wade can get by with young, cheap LBs. My guess is Barron stays and we use one of our top picks on a LB as well.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh has gone to see Jon Gruden in Oakland land. This delay BS again falls at the feet of the limp biscuit. Take your damn wife's panties and garter belt off, ya flippin whack job, and run the damn football team, ya flippin wussie!!!

He should make his intentions known and get Snead to sign AD to an extension and then sign Hankins or Suh whoever wants to play for a ring the worst.

This is simple stuff and yet the Rams appear to be dragging their feet because of what? The cap? Maybe, but I know if Jeanie Buss would be running this show, she'd instruct Snead to get these things done like yesterday.

She'd be on it way before the limp biscuit even begins to think about these matters!! It is just a sad state of affairs indeed!!