• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAK

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine a safety tandem of Landry and Taylor -- the old Area 51 we all had imagined?

That may have worked since Taylor may have mentored Landry & had him focused on being a better player & focusing on the team. After Taylor died Landry assumed a lot more responsibility & IMO just focused on a lot of the wrong things. He was all about killer hits, taunting & being a bodybuilder. Taylor was more about being a good football player & helping the team win. I get the feeling that Taylor would have adjusted his game to be less violent in this era where those type of hits are severely penalized.

No comparison between the two IMO.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...that was why they drafted him...to be alongside Taylor.....Gibbs was a wise man....they would have been a dominate safety tandem for sure.....Sadly.....we will never know

Again - a terrible pick in hindsight since they passed on the likes of AP, Willis & Revis.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - a terrible pick in hindsight since they passed on the likes of AP, Willis & Revis.

You could take this logic on about 75-90% of the picks we have had over the past 17 years though. Hell we took Westbrook over Sapp.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flashback to 2011: we trade our #10 overall pick to Jacksonville for their #16 overall (Kerrigan) and second rounder (Jarvis Jenkins). Kerrigan has turned out well, but Jenkins has been a bust. Guess who went #11 overall, though: JJ Watt. Oh well.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what? Playing against him wouldn't bother me. T Williams will win that battle most of the time. Unfortunately rak never really lived up to expectations. I know, some will point to his PB appearances, but all but one of those he backed into. The reality is that he has underperformed based on his draft position. Of course injuries have contributed, but that's life in the NFL.

If they can sign him to a reasonable contract, maybe a $4m one year deal with prove it bonuses, I'm ok with that. But it appears to me that we have seen the best of Rak, I expect he is on the downside of his career, if for no other reason that his injuries.

i dont want to hear about "backing into pro bowls " because that is a BS debating point he would still be amongst the top players at his position

he is amongst the teams all time sackers 3 pbs in 6 years from a draft pick at 13 is pretty much on target for his draft position

now injuries are a concern but when he has been on the field by and large he has been amonst the top 10 % of his position

that being said he is worth no more then 4 mil . and we shouldnt get into a bidding war

i wont accept the backing into pro bowl crap because no one applies that to morris or kerrigan when they made it as alternates and i have been here as long as anyone and i bet you cant find that being applied to them
"

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could take this logic on about 75-90% of the picks we have had over the past 17 years though. Hell we took Westbrook over Sapp.

Agree. That is why I am so excited about having what appears to be the first truly competent GM in a very, very long time.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's generally a fair point, but Kerrigan and Alf were bona fide snubs. In particular, how do you not name Kerrigan, who rounded up 13.5 sacks, to the Pro-Bowl, especially playing on a crap defense like he did? As for Rak, he made that on some name equity. He truly didn't deserve to go, hence the backup point some are making here.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E="skinsdad62, post: 6300300, member: 1615"]i dont want to hear about "backing into pro bowls " because that is a BS debating point he would still be amongst the top players at his position

he is amongst the teams all time sackers 3 pbs in 6 years from a draft pick at 13 is pretty much on target for his draft position

now injuries are a concern but when he has been on the field by and large he has been amonst the top 10 % of his position

that being said he is worth no more then 4 mil . and we shouldnt get into a bidding war

i wont accept the backing into pro bowl crap because no one applies that to morris or kerrigan when they made it as alternates and i have been here as long as anyone and i bet you cant find that being applied to them
"[/QUOTE]
Kerrigan should of made it though he was one of the better OLB's this past season

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also don't forget Vinnie's masterpiece - the 2008 draft. No # 1 picks - just a collection of shit in the 2nd round - Devon Thomas, Malcolm Kelly & everyone's favorite drunk - Fred Davis. Yikes. A first grader could have done a better job.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
E="skinsdad62, post: 6300300, member: 1615"]i dont want to hear about "backing into pro bowls " because that is a BS debating point he would still be amongst the top players at his position

"
Kerrigan should of made it though he was one of the better OLB's this past season[/QUOTE]

Not sure about Kerrigan but no way you can make the comparison between Orakpo & Morris. In his 3 years this late round pick has not missed one game. He also has averaged over 1,300 yds & 9 TDs & except for the first year he has done this often while the defense has keyed on him since the rest of the offense has been subpar. Pretty impressive - pro-bowl or not.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont want to hear about "backing into pro bowls " because that is a BS debating point he would still be amongst the top players at his position

"

Never said he wasn't one of the top players at his position those years. But he has never been the top nor ever really close to the top. I, for one, expect a guy drafted where he was to be at or near the top every year. His best years were his first two. He plateaued after that, maybe even regressed. I stand by what I said. He is most likely on the downside of his career. If he were on the patriots, Belicheck would cut him loose in a minute.

As for Morris and Kerrigan, I do apply it. You just never asked.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said he wasn't one of the top players at his position those years. But he has never been the top nor ever really close to the top. I, for one, expect a guy drafted where he was to be at or near the top every year. His best years were his first two. He plateaued after that, maybe even regressed. I stand by what I said. He is most likely on the downside of his career. If he were on the patriots, Belicheck would cut him loose in a minute.

As for Morris and Kerrigan, I do apply it. You just never asked.

If you would apply the WWBBD rule to this team, I can only think of 3-5 players who would be here including most of our top draft picks over the last 7-10 years.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would apply the WWBBD rule to this team, I can only think of 3-5 players who would be here including most of our top draft picks over the last 7-10 years.
Ok, I give. What's WWBBD?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not saying he isnt on the downside of his career or that we shouldnt let him walk

but to denegrate his PB appearances is flat wrong . he made it he played its in the books

and again perhaps you werent asked about the others but you werent volunteering it nor were the others who did the same thing

if one guy backed into a pro bowl then all of them did if they were alternates

if you have a standard for one then it goes for all

now you can say his play has regressed but that is a different argument altogether

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also don't forget Vinnie's masterpiece - the 2008 draft. No # 1 picks - just a collection of shit in the 2nd round - Devon Thomas, Malcolm Kelly & everyone's favorite drunk - Fred Davis. Yikes. A first grader could have done a better job.

And do you know who we passed up? People like Jordy Nelson, Ray Rice, Jamaal Charles, and Desean Jackson.