• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raider's Week

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dumb down the offense and stick the kid who computes like a box of rocks - out there and play instinctively. The Raiders do not have a team interception on the season - what safer spot to play Lynch?

Hope springs eternal - in a season like this you might find you next great player - looking for a chance to shine.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggh... QBOTFWRFB...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggh... QBOTFWRFB...

The Broncos were not unwatchable last week - that is a significant step up. Bolles is a keeper - so they should have at least 3 Olinemen - who are good players.

I said this about Lynch from the beginning - he is the kind of a guy - you have to anoint with the QB job and let him learn out on the field - his instinctive play is very good - and physical skills are excellent - and he is a competitor. Runt the ball - keep it simple - and roll Lynch out on the boot or the reverse boot in play action - he can be potentially deadly that way.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Lynch get beaten and torn up on the field so he can learn how to get better, it worked for Jared Goff. Of course Lynch isn't as NFL ready as Goff was so it'll probably take Lynch a bit longer but it's still for the best.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff. Unless Kelly turns out to be miracle, Denver doesn't have a Qb on the team that's better than back up role and even that's a stretch. If Cousins decides to test FA this time, Elway needs to get in the game and win it. I doubt Skins let that happen though.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lay a hefty bet on Lynch serving up the Raiders first INT this Sunday.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would lay a hefty bet on Lynch serving up the Raiders first INT this Sunday.
And justifying Norton's firing in the warped mind of Del Rio....

Jumpman98

GO Broncos-Yankees-Bulls-ND Fighting Irish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should be an exciting game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, fellas......if we can't beat Denver with Lynch starting......

:L

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for a Nathan Peterman moment.

:heh:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And justifying Norton's firing in the warped mind of Del Rio....

I agree to an extent....we didn't really seriously address the defense in the offseason.....we went out and added to the offense. But, JDR doesn't want to lose his job so he has to show the FO he's willing to do the tough things a HC has to.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point Denver needs to lose but Lynch needs to show some flashes for Billy Muss to keep the job.
Lynch however can't read a defense but then again we have won games with Tebow completing 2 passes.

I guess all those close games Oakland won last year yet having a sum zero point differential is not a formula for year in year out success. Cooper might be the biggest individual disappointment in the league next to Dak.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced Denver needs to lose. I don’t buy that mentality even though I see what people are getting at. I’d rather see Lynch play well enough to definitively answer the question of if he is a viable option going forward. He’s got 6 games to answer that question: not a lot of time. I’d rather see him play himself into that role than not because I would like to see him work out after the team traded up to get him. If he is as bad as he looked in the preseason the Broncos could well be looking at a 4-12 finish. As bad as the Browns, 49ers, and Giants are this season the Broncos still wouldn’t be any higher than #4! But they’d be in a position to get a QB in the draft and maybe start the building process again.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny stuff. Unless Kelly turns out to be miracle, Denver doesn't have a Qb on the team that's better than back up role and even that's a stretch. If Cousins decides to test FA this time, Elway needs to get in the game and win it. I doubt Skins let that happen though.

I agree with you, but if these Broncos had a spark at QB - they would be playoff contenders.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would cousin come to Denver when Jax has more money and a better team

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would cousin come to Denver when Jax has more money and a better team

Arguably a good point. Denver has a stronger and longer tradition of winning as a franchise but right now, I think we're viewed as quarterback purgatory at this point. I wouldn't under estimate Elway's influence and salesmanship but right now if I had to guess, Cousins would prefer to stay in Washington. I think the Redskins will get a deal done. No team wants to start over at the QB position. We oughta know.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope that Crabtree is wearing his shiniest necklace this Sunday

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably a good point. Denver has a stronger and longer tradition of winning as a franchise but right now, I think we're viewed as quarterback purgatory at this point. I wouldn't under estimate Elway's influence and salesmanship but right now if I had to guess, Cousins would prefer to stay in Washington. I think the Redskins will get a deal done. No team wants to start over at the QB position. We oughta know.
Washington if they don't sign him will transition tag him and give themselves right of first refusal. Maybe a sign and trade before FA

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not convinced Denver needs to lose. I don’t buy that mentality even though I see what people are getting at. I’d rather see Lynch play well enough to definitively answer the question of if he is a viable option going forward. He’s got 6 games to answer that question: not a lot of time. I’d rather see him play himself into that role than not because I would like to see him work out after the team traded up to get him. If he is as bad as he looked in the preseason the Broncos could well be looking at a 4-12 finish. As bad as the Browns, 49ers, and Giants are this season the Broncos still wouldn’t be any higher than #4! But they’d be in a position to get a QB in the draft and maybe start the building process again.

Best case scenario for the Broncos is Lynch proving to be a franchise QB. And him doing that would probably mean the team is winning because not like they are playing great teams down the stretch. I would rather see them get a mid-1st round pick and have the QB position answered plus know who our OC will be in Musgraves than get a top-5 pick and still have to figure out the QB position and pretty much start over at all the coaching positions.

To me for the Broncos good chance this is a win/win situation. Either Paxton proves himself and the Broncos have the biggest answer at the most important position or he fails miserably and the team knows they need to move on and have the draft ammunition to do such a thing. The worst thing I think that could happen is go say 3-3 or 4-2 and lose draft position but Paxton not really make it clear if he is the future or not.