• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Raiders hire Knapp

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And will give Raiders fans a few less times hearing "And the INT goes all the way for 6"

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Raiders make Greg Knapp their new offensive coordinator | ProFootballTalk

As the article mentions, Knapp is well known for his rushing attack. Looks like the Raiders are going to build around defense and the running game. This should actually benefit Palmer as I think he needs a solid running game to keep the pass rush off of him.

Surprised they didn't keep Saunders to have at least some continuity going into next season. And it wasn't as if McFadden wasn't leading the league in rushing prior to getting injured.

Nonetheless, I still think it's a solid move for the Raiders.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised they hired a guy that has coached there before..... I had suspected that the new regime was trying to distance themselves from the prior decade of disappointment. Knapp is probably a solid choice though given the pieces they have to work with.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not sure he got much of a fair shake though the first time around...go figure. His QB's were Culpepper and Russel.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be interested to see if Palmer plays any better with a whole training camp under his belt.....I suspect he will......

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's all relative. He could play a little better, but still blow.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will be interested to see if Palmer plays any better with a whole training camp under his belt.....I suspect he will......

It'll be interesting to see what kind of offense they implement. Definitely looks like they want a lot more ball control, but they really don't have any possession guys, just guys that are fast on the outside. In any case, I expect it to work out. With all the weapons they have, it'll be pretty hard to screw up.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
"As the article mentions, Knapp is well known for his rushing attack"

I think that's a bit misleading. His early teams were built around running the ball because pre-jail Vick was the QB..

His last yr as OC in 2009 his team (the Seahawks) lead the NFL in passing attempts..

I'm suprised Allen didn't take an assistant from the Saints to be his coordinator. he obviously has recent ties there..

I don't know if anyone saw clips from Allen's introuction PC, but my hunch is that he'll eventually be a great NFL head coach. He has that type of presence about him.