• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rags outlook for next season?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes wayyyyy too early for this but what do we think? Was this run a fluke? Obviously anytime you have a goalie like Hank you have a chance to win a playoff series. But do they have a legit shot to do it again next year?

They arent getting any younger. And even though St. Louis has a lot of Jagr in him its easy to wonder how effective these guys will be after an extra 20 or so games this year.

Richards most likely wont be back..Nash just looks lost as a player , probably doesnt fit the Rangers system too well but he's stuck there.

They do have young guys like Stepan , Krieder , Zuccarello and Haeglin that will continue to produce..not to mention I think McDonaugh is a top 5 Dman in the league. What's their cap situation look like though?

They are for sure a playoff team in my mind but another Cup run? Im not holding my breath on that.

MadCaptain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We should probably wait till all the injury woes come out before we figure out where the Kings and Rangers will be.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie will be bought out. We will keep guys like Kreider, Brassard, I hope dorsett goes and Carbomv
is re-signed. Same goes for Boyle, Dom Moore and Stralman.

Sorry to come into your thread, but just stating my opinion on what we will do.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to get off topic but Id hope the Devils look at Richards if you guys do get rid of him. Im not a fan of him but I think on a 1 or 2 year deal he could produce a little. But I see him going to the Isles if he's bought out.

Rangers have a legit young core. McDonaugh needs to get the captaincy ASAP. Dont know why it hasnt happened already. Weird to see a team go this far without a player wearing the C.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, my girlfriend said the same thing as we drove home. I could see Richie signing in NJ, he'd be a great mentor for a guy like Henrique.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As long as the team has Henrik, get in the postseason and he gives you a shot.
I don't really see them falling off much, unless something happened injury wise to Henrik or he starts to age the next few seasons quickly. Guys like Kreider and McDonagh had a good playoff run and are still getting better. Zucc too. That guy got 10 times the heart compared to Nash who was a major disappointment.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
rangers get lucky with that buyout. gomez and now richards off their books with no problem. should charge them a draft pick if they use it over certain amount of money!

i wouldn't mind richards here either if its a 2 year deal for like 6 million. but your right with the isles moving to brooklyn thats like a whole another city in itself.

giaradi looks finished and he just signed to an extension.

they are a good team but i dont think they deserved this trip to the finals. they got great matchups and the habs did them a huge favor by beating boston. thats the problem with the new format you if your lucky enough to not have a "contender" in your division you can wait to play them til the conference finals and who knows maybe someone else can take them out.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll still be competitive no doubt but it's tough to say where they will rank and whether or not they can make it again until we see what everyone does. Maybe a team like the Bruins makes a move that absolutely puts them over the top. Weaker teams may catch up etc.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richie will be bought out. We will keep guys like Kreider, Brassard, I hope dorsett goes and Carbomv
is re-signed. Same goes for Boyle, Dom Moore and Stralman.

Sorry to come into your thread, but just stating my opinion on what we will do.

Yikes Johnny so much for Stralman & Boyle...

I think as of today the team is a little weaker but still time for trades. That said I think they will go as far as lundquist can carry them without any other major changes (wghich is the same think I thought this year and throughout the playoffs. Their other "big $" players are not big game players

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning just became NY Rangers-South. Maybe Callahan had some pull in bringing both those guys there? Surprised the Rags didnt bring back B.Boyle when all he got was 3 years 6 mil.

People seem to like the Dan Boyle signing but he was below average last season playing with an above average offense. So I dont know if he'll make a big difference playing with an average one.

Wonder if NYR will be in the Joe Thornton sweepstakes.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle isn't the same player. Tanner Glass was a bad signing. They let a few guys walk that aren't critical parts of the team but certainly impact their depth. Keep in mind their depth was vital to them advancing to the finals.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle isn't the same player. Tanner Glass was a bad signing. They let a few guys walk that aren't critical parts of the team but certainly impact their depth. Keep in mind their depth was vital to them advancing to the finals.

Yup Pouliot and Boyle were big reasons in them getting to where they got. The Rangers lost more by losing them then the teams that signed them gained.