• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

R.I.P. David Crosby

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wrote a few. He certainly wasn't a talentless hack. This one is my favorite of his. He wrote Wooden Ships too. Not a bad performance by them from about 11 years ago. Crosby was still in good voice.

Yeah, Wooden Ships is not a bad song, neither is Almost Cut My Hair, but neither would stand out among the other songs on the respective albums. Of the two bands that I know of that he's been in, he was definitely my least favorite in those bands. As for his voice, he definitely was part of the finest three part harmony singing in the Rock era with Stills and Nash.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wrote a few. He certainly wasn't a talentless hack. This one is my favorite of his. He wrote Wooden Ships too. Not a bad performance by them from about 11 years ago. Crosby was still in good voice.

You are right, this is a good rendition of that song. Stephan Stills is a very underrated guitar player.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Wooden Ships is not a bad song, neither is Almost Cut My Hair, but neither would stand out among the other songs on the respective albums. Of the two bands that I know of that he's been in, he was definitely my least favorite in those bands. As for his voice, he definitely was part of the finest three part harmony singing in the Rock era with Stills and Nash.

Yea.. for all of his health issues and excesses, he never lost his voice. He still sounded great there at > 70 and the 3 of them singing together was the key to their success. As a music creator he's probably well behind Stills and Nash.. and of course Neil Young is in a completely different universe in that count.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea.. for all of his health issues and excesses, he never lost his voice. He still sounded great there at > 70 and the 3 of them singing together was the key to their success. As a music creator he's probably well behind Stills and Nash.. and of course Neil Young is in a completely different universe in that count.
Neil is in another class. He's incredible. The three part harmonies on the CSN song "Helplessly Hoping" are the standard for others to go by. Right up there with the Beatles "This Boy" and "If I Fell". I remember reading where one of the guys in CSN said how surprised they were at how well their voices blended when they first started singing together.