• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

R.I.P. David Crosby

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you had asked me back in 1982 when he was busted at Cardi’s in Dallas whether or not he’d see 80…

Not.

And - he credited that arrest and his time at Huntsville for saving his life.

If you haven’t seen “David Crosby - Remember My Name”, it’s well worth the time. He was rawly open about his faults and being an unmitigated ass… and how that combo platter resulted in a whole lot of broken relationships. The man was an absolute legend though with whoever he sat in with or whoever sat in with him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An icon; a talentless hack, but an icon just the same.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great music from Crosby. The greats are aging and dropping like flies. At least Bob, Mick, and Neil are still above ground.
...and others are too like Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Carlos Santana, D. Gilmour & R. Waters, R. Daltry & P. Townshend, Steve Winwood, John Mayall, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Page, R, Krieger & J. Densmore, Carole King, James Taylor, Elton John, Willie Nelson, Smokey Robinson, P. Lesh/B. Weir/M. Hart...to list just a handful...and there are many more.

Last edited:

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and others are too like Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Carlos Santana, D. Gilmour & R. Waters, R. Daltry & P. Townshend, Steve Winwood, John Mayall, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Page, R, Krieger & J. Densmore, Carole King, James Taylor, Elton John, Willie Nelson, Smokey Robinson, P. Lesh/B. Weir/M. Hart...to list just a handful...and there are many more.

All these guys are amazing. If they had the energy, they could each still sell out large venues. Actually, I wished they'd schedule some smaller intimate concerts but that's unlikely.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these guys are amazing. If they had the energy, they could each still sell out large venues. Actually, I wished they'd schedule some smaller intimate concerts but that's unlikely.
Some of them actually do...as do some of these others...

SMH for not listing Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, John Fogerty, Patti Smith, Joni Mitchell, Debbie Harry, Steve Miller, George Clinton, Ray Davies, Bob Seger, Bryan Ferry, Al Green, (Jack C, Jorma K, & Grace S) Justin Heyward & John Lodge, Steve Howe, Robert Fripp, Brian Eno.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Eric Burdon, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, Gordon Lightfoot, Peter Gabriel, John Cale, Bonnie Raitt, Jeff Lynne, Tony Iommi, Bruce Springsteen, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carer, John McLaughlin & Donald Fagen as still being here with us.

Last edited:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Eric Burdon, Billy Joel, Jimmy Buffett, Gordon Lightfoot, Peter Gabriel, Eric Clapton, John Cale, Bonnie Raitt, Jeff Lynne, Tony Iommi, Bruce Springsteen, Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, John McLaughlin & Donald Fagen as still being here with us.

Van Morrison, Neil Diamond, John Fogerty, Patti Smith, Joni Mitchell, Debbie Harry, Steve Miller, George Clinton, Ray Davies, Bob Seger, Bryan Ferry, Al Green, (Jack Casady, Jorma Kaukonen, & Grace Slick) Justin Heyward & John Lodge, Steve Howe, Robert Fripp, Brian Eno.

Paul Simon, Stevie Wonder, Carlos Santana, David Gilmour & Roger Waters, Roger Daltry & Pete Townshend, Steve Winwood, John Mayall, Buddy Guy, Jimmy Page, Robby Krieger & John Densmore, Carole King, James Taylor, Elton John, Willie Nelson, Smokey Robinson, Phil Lesh/Bob Weir/Mickey Hart.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An icon; a talentless hack, but an icon just the same.

Way too harsh though not entirely off-base. He was more noteworthy for his excesses and behavior than any lasting musical contributions. Most of the truly memorable music from those groups he was part of was written by others. I suppose this is bad form in an RIP thread but oh well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too harsh though not entirely off-base. He was more noteworthy for his excesses and behavior than any lasting musical contributions. Most of the truly memorable music from those groups he was part of was written by others. I suppose this is bad form in an RIP thread but oh well.
I did say he was an icon, but like you said, I can't think of one good song he wrote. He was lucky to be in the Birds and CSN,Y

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did say he was an icon, but like you said, I can't think of one good song he wrote. He was lucky to be in the Birds and CSN,Y

He wrote a few. He certainly wasn't a talentless hack. This one is my favorite of his. He wrote Wooden Ships too. Not a bad performance by them from about 11 years ago. Crosby was still in good voice.

Last edited: