• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Questions for 46

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read over on one of the Wolfie boards that a certain QB from a certain program under NCAA investigation is showing interest in coming to Blacksburg where his dad played football. If so, wow, it must really be getting bad over there. That said, I would LOVE to get this kid in the program. Just wanted to know if you've heard anything.
Also, apparently Hughes lists UNC as he leader again as Butch lied to the faces of him and his family and told him it was all a misunderstanding and that UNC would be fine. Complete and utter BS.
This is the reason if the NCAA has the goods, they need to at least make a preliminary statement that UNC will be undergoing major sanctions. It's unfair to the kids who buy into these lies and unfair to the schools that aren't cheating their asses off.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I think I know who you are talking about. If in fact he is interested, I am will be most happy. I saw him in the Spring game that was televised and man was he good.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has an official visit scheduled for this weekend and does LT, so we could have one or both by Monday or Tuesday. he is also looking strongly at Michigan though. Tyrod is his player host for us and Denard Robinson is the player host at Michigan.

I would love him.

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46, I agree, I would love to have Marquise Williams. But the player I was actually talking about was Renner, the red-shirt freshman at UNC. There were rumors on one of the wolfie boards that things are so bad over there he is looking at O&M. Just wondering if you could verify that.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey 46, I agree, I would love to have Marquise Williams. But the player I was actually talking about was Renner, the red-shirt freshman at UNC. There were rumors on one of the wolfie boards that things are so bad over there he is looking at O&M. Just wondering if you could verify that.

WOW!!!

That is news to me. Has he played this season at all and burned his shirt? If he wants to come, sure, but most of those guys go to 1aa.

I am still not sure how this QB of the future thing is going to pan out. Logan Thomas is the man right now but Leal and Young were both legit recruits. Now we may get Williams and Throughgood. I am just not sure. I like Leal A LOT!!!

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on how Marquise Williams' visit went?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on how Marquise Williams' visit went?

Quarterback Marquise Williams took his official visit to Blacksburg on Saturday. The 6-foot-3, 218-pounder reflected on the trip and what's next for him.

Williams enjoyed his time, especially with Whitley.
"It was cool, I had a good time at Virginia Tech," he said. "I just went to the game, hung out with the players and talked to the coaches."

Williams toured the facilities on Saturday before heading into Lane Stadium.

"The facilities were real cool and they were nice, I liked them."

Meanwhile, what was his take on the game?

"The fans were crazy. I like the offense from what I saw."

A good portion of Williams's time on campus was spent with fellow Charlotte native and current Hokie defensive back Eddie Whitley.

"I was hosted by Eddie Whitley, and it was cool," he said. "Me and Eddie go way back. I knew him when he lived here, he is from my home city and was a stud at Butler and still is.

"We had a lot of conversations. We hung out and are used to talking all the time. It helped a lot; he just let me know how Tech is. I saw some of the other players, but I didn't really talk to them as much."

Prior to leaving on Sunday, Williams had a final sit down with the coaches.

"It was cool, they were nice and real helpful. Coach Beamer was cool, but I'll keep what we talked about on the low," he joked.

So, what's next for Williams?

"Honestly, I don't know yet," he laughed. "I don't know about the NC State visit next month. I am still looking at NC State and LSU though."

Williams continues to have five finalists, but maintains he is a North Carolina pledge at this time.

"I'm still a commit and I like them, I just have to wait things out, as of now I'm still a Heel," he said. "I haven't scheduled my official yet to North Carolina either."

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I'm still a commit and I like them, I just have to wait things out, as of now I'm still a Heel," he said. "I haven't scheduled my official yet to North Carolina either."

must be waiting to see if he'll be able to get paid at unc or not :D

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
must be waiting to see if he'll be able to get paid at unc or not :D

Exactly. I've actually seen ihm quoted as saying if UNC gets probation, he will have to commit elsewhere. The bad part is Butch is lying like hell to these recruits, telling them that it's all a big misunderstanding and that they are going to be fine. OooooooooooooooKkkkkkkkkkkkkk!