• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on call

Tigwelds1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First let me start off by saying I'm not whining about the officiating because I don't want the thread to become about people telling me to "let it go". I was just wondering if anyone ever heard if the league gave any clarification about the Crabtree fumble. The signal was definitely given that he was down by contact and the play wasn't stopped because of his forward progress being stopped, but I never heard if there was an official statement put out about it?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I can tell, the NFL has not addressed it.

Calls that are reviewed in the way that you are asking usually have had one team lodge a complaint (which I don't believe the Seahawks have done) or are given a large focus by the media (again, not done to my knowledge). Without either of those two things happening, the league will not offer any clarification, otherwise they would have to release statements about every call of every game and that's just not practical.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO. I think the ref who said his (crabtree's) ass was on the ground was mistaken. The other refs took him over and clarified it.

upyourwazzu420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that really bugged me... idon't think he was over ruled because it happened right in front of him downfield... his forward progress never stopped thoough and he lost the ball and his butt never did touch... i think they went with the original call until replay and by the way the other calls looked it sure seemed like they had wanted to push the 49ers every chance they got...

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap calls happen. We didn't play very well and had too many foolish penalties, a poor use of
our timeouts and shoddy play calling in the red zone which looked like we were playing not to
lose than to win. We only have ourselves to blame and even with that, we only lost by 2.

The one call that could've helped us because we'd have had 3 minutes remaining and with RWill
given 4 downs, I could see us winning is below on Kaep's keeper. It is what it is and calls
will even out over 16 games. 9er's played better when it counted.

It was a good play call to give Kaep the ball. Boy, did we miss KJ, who is playing off the
charts. Davis doesn't score that TD in the 1st half. Gore doesn't run for 51 yds and Kaep
doesn't get a phantom (Vinny Testeverde) 1st down. Not all because KJ is a glove on TE's
and was support on both of those runs. Neither Wags or Smith can cover TE's and we
saw that early in the season. It changed when KJ took over.

attachment.php

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the crabtree non fumble was a make up call for this blatantly missed PI that would have been first and goal from the 7.

hz67lgA.gif

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the crabtree non fumble was a make up call for this blatantly missed PI that would have been first and goal from the 7.

hz67

Tell Kaep to throw the rock. The ball was
underthrown and you're complaining about that?
Crabs would never have caught that ball. Max could've
flipped around but really. Why are you even here?
To be a jack ass?

You say Hawks and your pussy clyde/ray
Mods throw down the gauntlet. You're lucky
that Harold is cool. Why not talk ball
Instead of being prick?

You 9er fans are girls.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be a jack ass?

Instead of being prick?

You 9er fans are girls.

That looks like it probably should have been called, but, seriously, why the fuck is that ball coming in like a frozen-rope on a well-covered out & up? Does Kaepernick even know how to play football?

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be a jack ass?

Instead of being prick?

You 9er fans are girls.

Was it a great throw....not by any means, but it certainly was catchable had Maxwell not interfered. It's done now and we won so whatever, but by the letter of the law the DB never turned around and made contact before the ball was there.

Also, I don't think alienating a fan base by calling them girls is going to encourage them to "talk ball".

bigninerfan56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That looks like it probably should have been called, but, seriously, why the fuck is that ball coming in like a frozen-rope on a well-covered out & up? Does Kaepernick even know how to play football?

It was a flat out poor throw. It almost had the effect of a back shoulder throw (not sure if it was intended to be or not), so that's why maybe it was more of a frozen-rope.

Is your argument that you were beat by a QB who does not even know how to play football?

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be a jack ass?

Instead of being prick?

You 9er fans are girls.

I am talking football. OP was asking about the non fumble call, then another poster I believe it was you said all calls even out over the course of a season, so I posted the gif and said perhaps it was a make up call. I guess your panties are still in a bunch over the loss. you want to call us girls for pointing out a clear cut PI that wasn't called but you are manly men for pointing out a fumble that wasn't called. makes sense.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs wasn't catching that.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabs wasn't catching that.

Explain how he wasn't catching that? The ball hit his hand even with the defender all in crabs face committing PI he was still able to get turned and get a hand on the ball.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain how he wasn't catching that? The ball hit his hand even with the defender all in crabs face committing PI he was still able to get turned and get a hand on the ball.

It actually looked like it hit Maxwell in the middle of his back, so if he was facing the other way, he had a better shot at it than Crabtree did. If Maxwell wasn't there at all, Crabtree could have caught it or at least had it hit him in the hands, but I think Maxwell would have had a better play on the ball had he been facing the right way to see it coming. I'll agree that it should have been pass interference simply because Maxwell didn't turn around to look for the ball as he made contact with Crabtree, but I can't agree that Crabtree could have caught it with Maxwell between him and the ball considering where the ball hit Maxwell.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a flat out poor throw. It almost had the effect of a back shoulder throw (not sure if it was intended to be or not), so that's why maybe it was more of a frozen-rope.

Is your argument that you were beat by a QB who does not even know how to play football?

I guess... in the same way that Trent Dilfer and Ben Roethlisberger (in his 1st Super Bowl "win") won Super Bowls.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap calls happen. We didn't play very well and had too many foolish penalties, a poor use of
our timeouts and shoddy play calling in the red zone which looked like we were playing not to
lose than to win. We only have ourselves to blame and even with that, we only lost by 2.

The one call that could've helped us because we'd have had 3 minutes remaining and with RWill
given 4 downs, I could see us winning is below on Kaep's keeper. It is what it is and calls
will even out over 16 games. 9er's played better when it counted.

It was a good play call to give Kaep the ball. Boy, did we miss KJ, who is playing off the
charts. Davis doesn't score that TD in the 1st half. Gore doesn't run for 51 yds and Kaep
doesn't get a phantom (Vinny Testeverde) 1st down. Not all because KJ is a glove on TE's
and was support on both of those runs. Neither Wags or Smith can cover TE's and we
saw that early in the season. It changed when KJ took over.

attachment.php

This should have been reviewed…. He was clearly short