• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

QB options for next year

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best metric in gaging a team's ability to win the SB is elite QB play.

Geno is not elite, therefore, that position needs to be upgraded.

The best way to upgrade that position is to draft where QBs are taken: top 10-15.

I don't care if we win the next 5 games or not because I care more about winning future Super Bowls. We put ourselves in better position to do that by finding the next QB, and this draft has 5-6 guys who look like they could be him.

IMO 5 meaningless wins and an easy out in the Wild Card round is not worth not being able to draft that next guy.

Now. I disagree with this. I think the right fit can come at any round not just round 1.

Remember the GOAT wasn't a 1st(6th round). The Flashy new guy wasn't a 1st(7th). Fuck the QB who led us to the promised land twice was a 3rd rounder....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing.

I love Pete to death. HOF and a ROH Coach.

But we need to move on. We need a asskicker DEFENSIVE MASTERMIND to Install discipline to the team.

Someone who change us to the Least Penalized team.

Someone who can Sit DK Down when he starts to go wild

Someone Like:

Bill-Parcells-induction-enshrinement-ceremony-Pro-Football-2013.jpg

giphy.gif

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now. I disagree with this. I think the right fit can come at any round not just round 1.

Remember the GOAT wasn't a 1st(6th round). The Flashy new guy wasn't a 1st(7th). Fuck the QB who led us to the promised land twice was a 3rd rounder....

Would you agree that the odds of finding an elite QB diminish the later you draft one? Well, we traded our 2nd round pick, so there goes another non-1st round option.
We've passed up using a 1st on a needed QB for 2 years now (correctly IMO) and taken others to bolster the roster before inserting that position. I think now is the time to pull the trigger, and the higher the pick the more likely that guy will be to have the tools to succeed.

What position would we otherwise need to use a valuable 1st rd pick on? Tackles are set, WRs are set, secondary has plenty of talent to succeed. We need a franchise QB and that's the most likely place to get one.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing.

I love Pete to death. HOF and a ROH Coach.

But we need to move on. We need a asskicker DEFENSIVE MASTERMIND to Install discipline to the team.

Someone who change us to the Least Penalized team.

Someone who can Sit DK Down when he starts to go wild

Someone Like:

Bill-Parcells-induction-enshrinement-ceremony-Pro-Football-2013.jpg

giphy.gif
No, the way the game is played today we need an offensive mastermind and an asskicker DC

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you agree that the odds of finding an elite QB diminish the later you draft one? Well, we traded our 2nd round pick, so there goes another non-1st round option.
We've passed up using a 1st on a needed QB for 2 years now (correctly IMO) and taken others to bolster the roster before inserting that position. I think now is the time to pull the trigger, and the higher the pick the more likely that guy will be to have the tools to succeed.

What position would we otherwise need to use a valuable 1st rd pick on? Tackles are set, WRs are set, secondary has plenty of talent to succeed. We need a franchise QB and that's the most likely place to get one.

Pass Rusher?

G?

And to answer your question. No................

I think we need to find the "right fit" not the "Projected fit"

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass Rusher?

G?

And to answer your question. No................

I think we need to find the "right fit" not the "Projected fit"

The right fit is a good QB, which is more likely to be had the earlier you draft one.

Good pass rushers and guards can be had at other rounds. See how that logic works?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough looking at the hierarchy of NFC power and drawing the conclusion that we just absolutely must find a QB early in the draft in order to have a prayer of improving. The 3 best teams are QBd by Mr Irrelevant, a 5th rounder, and a 4th rounder.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough looking at the hierarchy of NFC power and drawing the conclusion that we just absolutely must find a QB early in the draft in order to have a prayer of improving. The 3 best teams are QBd by Mr Irrelevant, a 5th rounder, and a 4th rounder.

Not that I disagree with your point but Jalen Hurts was drafted in the 2nd round.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I disagree with your point but Jalen Hurts was drafted in the 2nd round.
Yep, I stand corrected.

AFC plays closer to the chalk, but holy cow there are some teams with top QB picks who are just straight up awful. KC and Buffalo don't seem to be what we are used to seeing, either.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since the bengals won, we are sitting at 15th. losing sunday could catapult us into a top 10 spot.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
since the bengals won, we are sitting at 15th. losing sunday could catapult us into a top 10 spot.
So if we had started the season with this tough 4-game stretch and lost them all, as we stand a good chance to do, should we have then not tried to win more games from there to hold the top draft position? What about if the 4 games were in the middle, and we had come in at 6-0 only to emerge 6-4.... tank the rest of the year for a better draft spot since we lost the #1 seed?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if we had started the season with this tough 4-game stretch and lost them all
But we didnt, we are facing a 6-8 record and a team that has stacked too any band aids on top of eachother. Rip them all off and let the healing begin.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But we didnt, we are facing a 6-8 record and a team that has stacked too any band aids on top of eachother. Rip them all off and let the healing begin.

We aren't losing the rest of our games. Probably lose the next 2. Win at least 2 of the final 3, probably all 3.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 4 games were on the schedule no matter the timing, and there was always a really good chance we would lose all 4 unless you had some pre-season expectation this team would be contending for the top seed.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These 4 games were on the schedule no matter the timing, and there was always a really good chance we would lose all 4 unless you had some pre-season expectation this team would be contending for the top seed.
if we started 0-4 and finished 6-1 dont you think there would be a different feeling and a sense of momentum?

losing 5 straight games in the middle of the schedule is the exact opposite and its very apparent this is NOT a good team and shouldnt be anywhere near the playoffs.
We aren't losing the rest of our games. Probably lose the next 2. Win at least 2 of the final 3, probably all 3.
probably right, but unfortunately probably not the best thing for the franchise long term.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we started 0-4 and finished 6-1 dont you think there would be a different feeling and a sense of momentum?

losing 5 straight games in the middle of the schedule is the exact opposite and its very apparent this is NOT a good team and shouldnt be anywhere near the playoffs.

probably right, but unfortunately probably not the best thing for the franchise long term.

I think losing 7 straight games would be pretty terrible for the franchise. The value of the 7th pick and the 17th pick isn't big enough to offset that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care a whole about the feelings aspect. Making the playoffs is about math.
As I've said, the Rams loss is really the one that stings. We all expected to lose the 4 to the 49ers, Cowboys, and Eagles. We shouldn't get all hemmed up when reality mirrors expectation.

I guess my overall point is it's pretty pointless to stock-watch our draft position and propose we just lose the games because it isn't happening. No team does that in the NFL. They're all playing for their jobs all the time. The closest you'll see is once a team is mathematically eliminated, they may play more young players to get them some experience. Or if they've clinched seeding, rest some starters. But that's a far cry from tanking. The team isn't going to tank, even though after the week 1 loss all we've done is mess up our draft position.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my overall point is it's pretty pointless to stock-watch our draft position and propose we just lose the games because it isn't happening.
as a fan I can root for them to lose out, you can disagree.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best metric in gaging a team's ability to win the SB is elite QB play.

Geno is not elite, therefore, that position needs to be upgraded.

The best way to upgrade that position is to draft where QBs are taken: top 10-15.

I don't care if we win the next 5 games or not because I care more about winning future Super Bowls. We put ourselves in better position to do that by finding the next QB, and this draft has 5-6 guys who look like they could be him.

IMO 5 meaningless wins and an easy out in the Wild Card round is not worth not being able to draft that next guy.
Well yeah but coaching staffs don't figure it that way as they get fired usually if they end the season on a long losing streak, so they are going to try to win every game if they can. I don't see the Seahawks losing out, I see them winning another 2 games at least and probably 3 games, but you never know I guess.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as a fan I can root for them to lose out, you can disagree.
I suppose that is correct. I find rooting for your team to lose a strange way to show your fanhood, but to each their own I guess. Trying to figure out what the cheer would be. For me, it's always Go Hawks! For you, maybe "Mostly Go Hawks!" or "Go Hawks up to a Point!" or "Go Hawks, unless....!" Many possibilities.