• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Purdue

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...we all know the troubles that Purdue has right now, but I still see this game as one we need to bring intensity and fight in a big way. They won't roll over and just give us a win, but we do need to put a beating on them to give us momentum through the bye and into the Michigan game. We can win all 3 or lose all 3 easily.

Almost sucks to say that, but I think this team is in a pivotal position that could make or break this season at this point. Losing to Wisconsin like we did really has me down on the offense, no matter who is QB. Our great offensive line should have handled Wisky D and made holes, our WR should have made catches...just a big disappointment to me as I thought we were just as good if not better than the Badgers. I guess we have not improved as much as I thought.

Yay for Canzeri to come in and show that flash though.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canizeri's showing was a bit puzzling. I heard Weisman got a little banged up, but why not rotate in Daniels/Bullock? I swear, Ferentz and his substitution patterns just baffle me year after year. I guess it paid off with his one big run...sort of (did we even score?).

Regardless, I obviously see this game as a win and it *should* be an easy one. But we've basically played up or down to our opponents all year so my guess is something like a 28-17 win.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Purdue has given up more touchdowns to opposing defenses than their offense has scored in B10 play.... Let that sink in for a second. LOL. This could legit be the worst team from the B10 in the last decade. Their 1 win was a 6 point home win vs a bad Indiana State team and even with that the Boilers needed an INT in the end zone at the end of the game to win. If we dont win by 20+ itll be an embarassment.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa will win 13-10, everyone will bitch all week and then Iowa beats Michigan by 3 td's and all is well.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa should have no problems beating Purdue this year. Having said that, does KF scheme to the level of his opponent? Probably hoping for a low scoring game where Iowa wins18-17. This sure looks like Western Michigan on paper...and a similar blowout. Iowa's defense scores multiple TDs and a punt return for a TD. And Iowa wins in a blowout. KF didn't scheme for that...it just happened. Bowl eligibility is upon the program and Hawk Nation once more!!! According to Jerry Palm...this week he has Iowa in the Texas Bowl against K-State (that seems like a really accurate match-up at this point of the season). And a game that Iowa would win!!!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palm has Iowa basketball as a 6 seed in San Antonio vs Akron in his first look at bracketology as well...but anyone considering Palm even close to an expert in anything needs their head examined, guy has never played a sport nor is he usually accurate, but CBS pays him nonetheless

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, this has to be the most frustrating half of football I have seen in a while, just terrible coaching, terrible execution on the defense, everyone loves Scherff, bah, guy is not a great pass protector...just frustrated, we should be up 28-7 easy on this team...

I just keep seeing this team regress every game it seems, I know the wind is blowing but other than the run game and Canzeri, I am not seeing too much positive here, guess no one has gotten hurt yet.

Lowery ya giant dipshit, leave the ball alone when it is on the ground and whistles are blowing.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our pass rush is terrible. Boilers seem to have a good O-line or are we just making it seem that way?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of pass catcher drops or Rudock's numbers would look better

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoa, finally stopped a 3rd and long today!

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep, put together a good half...nice to see...bowl eligible, but would love to win these last 2 games too, I do not feel that UM or Nebraska is better than us, we just simply can't make the stupid mistakes we seem to make every game.

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, if we can bring that kind of rushing attach to MI and NE we should win both games. 6 yards per carry today and Canzeri showed how it's done by SPRINTING through the holes. Granted, this was Purdue and they have gaping holes (lol) but notice how the passing game opened up **after** establishing the run?!?! Funny how that works, eh Greg Davis?

I don't want to jump on the Canzeri bandwagon just yet but if he can produce at that level consistently there is no telling how good Iowa's offense could be.

Iowa's D is still a little shaky to me, that will be the real test these last few games.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My enthusiasm for Iowa's bowl eligibility is tempered. Purdue is a VERY BAD football team. This game doesn't convince me of anything today. Iowa should have put up 70+ against these guys today. Iowa's rushing attack was supposed to dominate and did!!!!! Kudos to those linemen upfront and for the RBs to follow their lead!!!!!

Looks like Michigan won't be limping into Kinnick in a few weeks. Michigan will steamroll Northwestern next week and look good doing it. Too bad we didn't Michigan coming in this week. They would be ripe for a fleecing!!

Get healthy Hawkeyes and get ready for Michigan!! Can't wait for the bowl game...just dependent on which bowl we get to see you guys go to!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to add my props to Iowa's defense for dominating Purdue as well. Sorry for not getting that in on my initial post. It was good to see Purdue's offense get shut down so thoroughly. Building on that effort going into the bye week --- can't wait to see Iowa take on Michigan! Kudos Defense!!!

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this two bye week business, for the record. One is enough.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two bye weeks are one too many. Complete crap in my opinion. I'll be at the Michigan game and the Nebraska game.