• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Public Poll On How Bad Nebraska Will Suck This Year

Nebraska Football: What Transpires?

• Undefeated. Huskers Fer Champz

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Make it to the playoffs, trouncing Ohio State.

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Have another 4 loss season with mass controversy surrounding it.

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Disaster. We win less than 9 games and the entire state implodes.

Votes: 9 18.4%

• Total voters

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at least 90% of the controversy is due to the histrionics of their own fanbase who still can't get past the fact that the Tom Osborne era is over.

What?

You mean to tell me that Tom Osborne is no longer the coach at Nebraska. :gaah:

Fuck. Next you are probably going to tell me he hired some angry douche that nobody likes except 90% of the actual Husker fan base.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't options 3 and 4 pretty much the same thing? I mean, yeah, you could be 9-3 and then lose the CCG, but I would figure a disaster would be something like a 6-6 season or worse.

Oh no. Any true Husker fan knows the difference.

#3. Have another 4 loss season with mass controversy surrounding it.

About 50% of the population have tired of the 4 loss seasons. Particularly 'how' they've lost many of those games. Tom Osborne never lost 4 games in a season. Bo loses the vast majority of the big games. He plays upper classmen because they know the X's and O's better than younger classmen with more talent. He keeps poor position coaches employed because they are his friends. He had never been a head coach before he was hired here. He appoints offensive, defensive, and strength and conditioning coordinators that have never done the job elsewhere. He has surrounded himself with yes men, afraid to question his decisions.
The controversy Brasky points out will come from that 50%.

The other 50% still support him in that Osborne also won at least 9 games a year. Bo has always won at least 9 games. He's meeting that benchmark. The supporters also add that Bo runs a clean program. The players stay out of trouble (for the most part), there haven't been any recruiting violations, and player graduation rates are high. They point out it took Osborne 21 years to win a national championship. He coached up Suh and has put a good number of DB's in the NFL. His first couple of recruiting classes were wiffs, but Bo didn't understand the effort that it required. His last couple of classes have been more respectable.

Neither side likes his antics.
The 50% that have lost faith in Bo use that as additional justification to can him.
The 50% that support him are willing to live with it. "He shouldn't have been secretly recorded". "They were legitimately bad calls". "It comes with the pressure of coaching Nebraska".

The program is in a fishbowl here. There are AM radio stations that cover Nebraska football non-stop from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday 52 weeks a year. It's positive and negative banter from both sides.

I'll give the supporters the fishbowl point. It is a high pressure job. More people can name the head coach of Nebraska than the governor.

#4. Disaster. We win less than 9 games and the entire state implodes.

8 wins or less will drop Bo below the Osborne benchmark. It will take away the supporters biggest argument. It will give the critics all the more ammo. Fence riders will begin to question their support after 7 years. They will be less likely to live with his antics. All out mayhem will ensue.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL;DR...

I was just saying, there's a great likelihood of a 4-loss season also being a season with less than 9 wins, (i.e. "8-4")

I must be missing a private joke somewhere, so I'm going to slink away now...

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And at least 90% of the controversy is due to the histrionics of their own fanbase who still can't get past the fact that the Tom Osborne era is over.

Tom Osborne is the benchmark, yes. Nebraska fans don't settle for less than the minimums Tom Osborne accomplished.

That "less than" is 9 wins.

I've not heard or read one Nebraska fan demanding national championships. I have heard some say conference championship or GTFO, but those are a minority. As long as he gets his 9 wins he's probably safe, unless he commits a physical assault or something that cannot be defended anymore.

giphy.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TL;DR...

I was just saying, there's a great likelihood of a 4-loss season also being a season with less than 9 wins, (i.e. "8-4")

I must be missing a private joke somewhere, so I'm going to slink away now...

Last season he went 8-4, but won his bowl game making it 9.

We count bowl games around here in win totals.

Rule #1. Qualify for a bowl.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no. Any true Husker fan knows the difference.

#3. Have another 4 loss season with mass controversy surrounding it.

About 50% of the population have tired of the 4 loss seasons. Particularly 'how' they've lost many of those games. Tom Osborne never lost 4 games in a season. Bo loses the vast majority of the big games. He plays upper classmen because they know the X's and O's better than younger classmen with more talent. He keeps poor position coaches employed because they are his friends. He had never been a head coach before he was hired here. He appoints offensive, defensive, and strength and conditioning coordinators that have never done the job elsewhere. He has surrounded himself with yes men, afraid to question his decisions.
The controversy Brasky points out will come from that 50%.

The other 50% still support him in that Osborne also won at least 9 games a year. Bo has always won at least 9 games. He's meeting that benchmark. The supporters also add that Bo runs a clean program. The players stay out of trouble (for the most part), there haven't been any recruiting violations, and player graduation rates are high. They point out it took Osborne 21 years to win a national championship. He coached up Suh and has put a good number of DB's in the NFL. His first couple of recruiting classes were wiffs, but Bo didn't understand the effort that it required. His last couple of classes have been more respectable.

Neither side likes his antics.
The 50% that have lost faith in Bo use that as additional justification to can him.
The 50% that support him are willing to live with it. "He shouldn't have been secretly recorded". "They were legitimately bad calls". "It comes with the pressure of coaching Nebraska".

The program is in a fishbowl here. There are AM radio stations that cover Nebraska football non-stop from 7:00 am - 6:00 pm Monday through Friday 52 weeks a year. It's positive and negative banter from both sides.

I'll give the supporters the fishbowl point. It is a high pressure job. More people can name the head coach of Nebraska than the governor.

#4. Disaster. We win less than 9 games and the entire state implodes.

8 wins or less will drop Bo below the Osborne benchmark. It will take away the supporters biggest argument. It will give the critics all the more ammo. Fence riders will begin to question their support after 7 years. They will be less likely to live with his antics. All out mayhem will ensue.

Well put.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could realistically see Nebraska with 4 conference losses, and perhaps...even 5 conference losses, as the following four B1G road games will not be easy:

@ Wisconsin
@ Michigan State (cross divisional)
@ Northwestern
@ Iowa

Plus........Minnesota at Lincoln will probably not be a cake walk either.

I can see three almost certain B1G home victories at Lincoln against Rutgers (cross divisional) Illinois, and Purdue.

I'm not predicting the above scenario, rather, I'm just saying it is a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could realistically see Nebraska with 4 conference losses, and perhaps...even 5 conference losses, as the following four B1G road games will not be easy:

@ Wisconsin
@ Northwestern
@ Iowa

I can see three almost certain B1G home victories at Lincoln against Rutgers (cross divisional) Illinois, and Purdue.

I'm not predicting the above scenario, rather, I'm just saying it is a possibility.

Are you a betting man? I'd love to rob you on that prediction.

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that division, 8-4 should be automatic.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

@ Wisconsin
@ Northwestern
@ Iowa

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5253282-post10.html

What I wrote July 23

"Nebraska 8-4

I am not convinced Tommy Armstrong is the answer. Away games at Wisconsin and Michigan State do not bode well. Away games at Iowa, Northwestern, and Fresno State could be problems. Playing Miami in Lincoln is no cake walk. Hopefully Nebraska can win more than one of those and I am assuming Nebraska doesn't lay down in the other six home games."

What I said on June 10

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/5044921-post35.html

Last edited by a moderator:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post Bowl Game 9-4, duh. :L

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say 9 wins regular season minimum. @MSU, @Wisky, @Iowa is going to be tough.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43-6 for 9 wins or less.