• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSW3: @Greenbay King 5 Saturday at 10/1

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete said and i repeat " Bryant will play Nickle for us to get him on the field and Nickle is a starter for us". His 2nd position was CB. Jackson was practicing at CB and was the #2 CB on that side behind Brown. Jacksons ONLY position was CB and Bryant was the starting Nickle.

Thanks for the intel.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but sincerely asking was this year or last year? I'm surprised if Bryant is still the starting nickel because I figure that's going to be Witherspoon's spot unless Jackson is out and Witherspoon will take that role exclusively. I'm expecting Witherspoon to shift inside.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the intel.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but sincerely asking was this year or last year? I'm surprised if Bryant is still the starting nickel because I figure that's going to be Witherspoon's spot unless Jackson is out and Witherspoon will take that role exclusively. I'm expecting Witherspoon to shift inside.

lol

Well Jackson played ok not good or great last year and was the starter for most of the season so he will always have a step up on the other guys because he played the position all season last season. He may be the starter this year but thats by default because of the injuries ... again. To many players at CB not playing. Jacksons middle name is "burned". He plays hard and with a attitude he is also a veteran going into his 4th season, he will always have a leg up on rookies and 1 or 2 year guys.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
run defense SUCKS ASS!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's backup squad looks awful. Hopefully this team can stay healthy this year. Reed does look good. Oh wait, someone ELSE in the secondary that CAN fill in.. oh yah, but #5 overall.. ALRIGHT ILL STOP. JESUS.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Well Jackson played ok not good or great last year and was the starter for most of the season so he will always have a step up on the other guys because he played the position all season last season. He may be the starter this year but thats by default because of the injuries ... again. To many players at CB not playing. Jacksons middle name is "burned". He plays hard and with a attitude he is also a veteran going into his 4th season, he will always have a leg up on rookies and 1 or 2 year guys.

Well to my understanding that's not a 'default' by injury... Witherspoon was supposed to compete for the #2 corner slot. I didn't know Jackon's middle named was burned... got me on that one. And to my point in the post, why wouldn't we shift Bryant to the outside? Could be he's just not suited to be an NFL corner.. and I totally get that (time will tell), just curious if anyone has any insight here as to why that might be the case.

I get I'm not talking with Pete Carroll, just wondering if anyone has insight.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SHEET! thats all we need another CB hurt! oh it was bush

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGAIN our Run defense is pure ASS!

How about you tackle someone Seahawks?

I have no faith in our DC to field a good defense. He has shown me NOTHING since becoming our DC. GB with 142 Yards on the ground so far.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look it's Seattles old back up QB

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
almost 12 minutes left in the 4th and GB has 150 yards rushing, I want to puke.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO this will feel good if Seattle beats GB in GB who played their Starters for the whole first half! LMAO

Love the fact that Lock is getting so much playing time. If we can go by what we have seen this preseason Lock has improved his awareness and vision a lot. He seems to make solid reads EVERY play. Not trying to take chances and takes whats given to him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB announcers talking about why Seattles moving down the field so easily now making excuses. yeah well you played your damn starters almost the full first half.

Hawks Run defense is still utter garbage, yes the starters didn't play but it's the tackling and when the starters played they didn't tackle well either. Still felt DIRTY AF seeing GB play their starters almost the whole 1st half. If i was a bubble guy in GB and only got to play 1 series i would be so PISSED right now. Those poor kids, some didn't even get much of a chance to show out. I would watch GB cut list lmao.

Last edited:

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO this will feel good if Seattle beats GB in GB who played their Starters for the whole first half! LMAO

Love the fact that Lock is getting so much playing time. If we can go by what we have seen this preseason Lock has improved his awareness and vision a lot. He seems to make solid reads EVERY play. Not trying to take chances and takes whats given to him.

Ah no some of the starters played until Love had the passing TD early in the 2nd. Not all the starters were in while he played. The O line had back ups in and the starting RBs did not play all through that period either. The D was mostly back ups. They just tried to get the new QB some time playing the first quarter in each of the 3 preseason games

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this worth watching or I'm i going to be breaking stuff?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah no some of the starters played until Love had the passing TD early in the 2nd. Not all the starters were in while he played. The O line had back ups in and the starting RBs did not play all through that period either. The D was mostly back ups. They just tried to get the new QB some time playing the first quarter in each of the 3 preseason games

Some? more like 70% of the starters played WTF you smoking, Seattle played what was it 2? It felt Dirty but that's ok those starters scored 9 points against 2nd, 3rd and 4th string players.

Hey I was hoping we would get ONE series with the Hawks starters just one, we got zero.

"Green Bay played most of its projected starters for the majority of the first half. Exceptions included cornerback Jaire Alexander, offensive tackle David Bakhtiari, linebacker De'Vondre Campbell wide receiver Romeo Doubs, outside linebacker Rashan Gary and running back Aaron Jones."

6 projected starters didn't play. 3 on offense and 3 on defense. Or in other words 81% of the starters on Offense and 81% of the starters on defense played most of the first half.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything notable about this game that can't be figured from looking at the box score? I had a work obligation that overlapped with the game so I didn't catch it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything notable about this game that can't be figured from looking at the box score? I had a work obligation that overlapped with the game so I didn't catch it.
Other than GB playing most of their starters for most of the 1st half? not much. Run Defense was trash, people can't tackle and there were holes as big as a truck to run through but that shows up in the stats. Oh CB Jackson looked like shit out there ( again ) and that doesn't show up on the stats. He played better once GB had their 3rd stringers in which should be expected. He played a TON also.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best thing about this pre-season is that it doesn't appear the team sustained any major injuries to key players. JSN missing a game or 2 early in the year is just a mouse turd in the grand scheme. PC also tends to be very cautious in pre-season when it comes to injuries, so I am also not that concerned about most of the players who have been limited or not even on the field, including Witherspoon. It's a long season.

Overall for the 3 exhibition games, my takeaways:
  • Strong QB play. Except for the final drive when Ahlers was forcing it into coverage, I thought all 3 QBs played very well on the whole. Lock got the most opportunity and took advantage of it, so that puts me at ease in the event Geno goes down.
  • Run Game?? Except for a few plays here and there, it was a struggle to get more than 1 or 2 yards most of the time. I didn't see much burst, elusiveness, or tackle breaking ability out of Charbonnet. He just sort of seems to go straight into the pile and not get much out of it. Hopefully it is a sample size issue, and the quality of blocking could of course be part of it. Definitely looking forward to seeing Walker back in there.
  • What will the D really look like? Key players like Bobby Wagner, Dremont Jones, Woolen, Jarran Reed, Jordyn Brooks, Jamal Adams, Q Diggs, Nwosu, Julian Love, and Witherspoon either didn't play at all or played sparingly. That's potentially 8 or 9 starters, easily enough that there is no way what we saw for these 3 games could give any sort of meaningful reflection of what we should expect in the regular season.
Bring on the real games.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the best thing about this pre-season is that it doesn't appear the team sustained any major injuries to key players. JSN missing a game or 2 early in the year is just a mouse turd in the grand scheme. PC also tends to be very cautious in pre-season when it comes to injuries, so I am also not that concerned about most of the players who have been limited or not even on the field, including Witherspoon. It's a long season.

Overall for the 3 exhibition games, my takeaways:
  • Strong QB play. Except for the final drive when Ahlers was forcing it into coverage, I thought all 3 QBs played very well on the whole. Lock got the most opportunity and took advantage of it, so that puts me at ease in the event Geno goes down.
  • Run Game?? Except for a few plays here and there, it was a struggle to get more than 1 or 2 yards most of the time. I didn't see much burst, elusiveness, or tackle breaking ability out of Charbonnet. He just sort of seems to go straight into the pile and not get much out of it. Hopefully it is a sample size issue, and the quality of blocking could of course be part of it. Definitely looking forward to seeing Walker back in there.
  • What will the D really look like? Key players like Bobby Wagner, Dremont Jones, Woolen, Jarran Reed, Jordyn Brooks, Jamal Adams, Q Diggs, Nwosu, Julian Love, and Witherspoon either didn't play at all or played sparingly. That's potentially 8 or 9 starters, easily enough that there is no way what we saw for these 3 games could give any sort of meaningful reflection of what we should expect in the regular season.
Bring on the real games.

Eh I think Zach was given very basic runs and the Hawks also didn't want to show anything too creative with using backs in the receiving game in pre-season (given it's something we've never really done in the Carroll era). I think the Hawks are banking on Zach surprising some teams which could result in a win or two.

That said, agreed ZERO clue what the D will look like lol.