• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU - Nebraska Game Impressions

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how anyone can say that call determined the outcome of the game.

In order to assume that, one would have to also assume that Penn State would suddenly find a way to stop Nebraska on Offense.........something they couldn't do the entire 2nd half. Not to mention, Nebraska had the wind at their back and a kicker who can boot 60+ yards even without a breeze.

I apologized over on the Husker board to Penn State fans for the call, but I have no reason to believe we wouldn't have still won that game with the way we had your Defense wore down up front.

As for the call itself, I didn't think they could overturn it.......it sucks, but that was just terrible luck for Penn State there. He let go of the ball with one hand right before crossing the goal line, but to me it looked like he had it secured with the other hand still......it's just hard to over turn that. Based on common sense and logic, it sure seemed to me like it was a TD.....but the review rules aren't based on common sense and logic. In order to over turn a play, it has to basically be jumping out of the screen and hitting you in the face obvious. I am as unbiased as you're going to find on this, and I didn't think it was THAT obvious.

It was just bad luck. And also, Nebraska got screwed on about 5 different calls against Mich St........and they got the one in their favor at the end. There is no conspiracy in the BIG.

So, you don't think a call that turned a 3 point lead for PSU had any affect on the outcome?? It completely changed the face of the game. We did stop Nebraska on the next drive and got pinned leading to the safety (on another dicey call) That's a 9 point swing. Like McGloin said in his postgame, it happens so much, the team kind of expects it anymore.

I'll have to post the multiple photos of it where he has BOTH hands on the ball and the entire ball is on the goal line.

We've been getting fucked for 20 years by this conference, its not a new thing, but its been even more blatant than usual this year.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is.aspx

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys. See ya in happy valley next year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, well, that was taken care of and then some when our 94 team, that would have pummeled Nebraska, was robbed of a share of the title. :lm:

Last edited by a moderator: