• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PSU - Nebraska Game Impressions

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go! There's also a thread over on the Huskers board I might participate in.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, I'll probably pop by there as well. LET'S GO STATE!!!:thrasher:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom! Zwinak for 50 and 7-0.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad fumble there on 1st and goal. Lions still lead 7-3 after 1.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capitalized on the muffed punt. 17-6 PSU.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20-6 at halftime.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Delany and Emmert must have called in the decision on that review.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one's tough to swallow, but on we go - NLs are 6-4 after the loss to Nebraska.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, we can't get out of this fucking conference soon enough for me. Even a god damn blind man can see that's a TD. Christ, even the Nebraska announcers on XM said it was a TD and should be overturned. Pathetic display by the refs again and this one cost us the game. Bad enough they let holding go every play and call it in favor of the other team. Saw somewhere that we have not had a holding call on a B1G opponent since the god damn Northwestern game, are you kidding me??

Glad to see McGloin went off in his post game interview about it. All the recruits seemed to know what's up as well. A lot of "ok, us against the world, bring it" type tweets. Sad that the zebras played such a critical role and got the call that should have been so easy to make absolutely wrong....hell, Perreia said he'd have turned it over as well. Sickening. Nebraska got horrible calls in thei favor 2 weeks in arow....no coincidence they are the only B1G team ranked in BCS standings....scumbag conference trying to save some face. Don't mind losing, but this is so unfair to this team it makes me sick.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget that the voters' perception of the Big Ten title game will be lower if our division sends its third place team. Expect alot of bad calls to ensure a Wisconsin win over us as well.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say it again, we can't get out of this fucking conference soon enough for me. Even a god damn blind man can see that's a TD. Christ, even the Nebraska announcers on XM said it was a TD and should be overturned. Pathetic display by the refs again and this one cost us the game. Bad enough they let holding go every play and call it in favor of the other team. Saw somewhere that we have not had a holding call on a B1G opponent since the god damn Northwestern game, are you kidding me??

Glad to see McGloin went off in his post game interview about it. All the recruits seemed to know what's up as well. A lot of "ok, us against the world, bring it" type tweets. Sad that the zebras played such a critical role and got the call that should have been so easy to make absolutely wrong....hell, Perreia said he'd have turned it over as well. Sickening. Nebraska got horrible calls in thei favor 2 weeks in arow....no coincidence they are the only B1G team ranked in BCS standings....scumbag conference trying to save some face. Don't mind losing, but this is so unfair to this team it makes me sick.

I don't see how anyone can say that call determined the outcome of the game.

In order to assume that, one would have to also assume that Penn State would suddenly find a way to stop Nebraska on Offense.........something they couldn't do the entire 2nd half. Not to mention, Nebraska had the wind at their back and a kicker who can boot 60+ yards even without a breeze.

I apologized over on the Husker board to Penn State fans for the call, but I have no reason to believe we wouldn't have still won that game with the way we had your Defense wore down up front.

As for the call itself, I didn't think they could overturn it.......it sucks, but that was just terrible luck for Penn State there. He let go of the ball with one hand right before crossing the goal line, but to me it looked like he had it secured with the other hand still......it's just hard to over turn that. Based on common sense and logic, it sure seemed to me like it was a TD.....but the review rules aren't based on common sense and logic. In order to over turn a play, it has to basically be jumping out of the screen and hitting you in the face obvious. I am as unbiased as you're going to find on this, and I didn't think it was THAT obvious.

It was just bad luck. And also, Nebraska got screwed on about 5 different calls against Mich St........and they got the one in their favor at the end. There is no conspiracy in the BIG.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJM... To LBU's defense.. We had a series of calls go against us in the tOSU game that were so horribly biased against us that Ive resisted the urge to do my own.meltdown bc it does no good.

Same thing in the Brasky game.. we "could" overcome these calls however... the NCAA has yanked our best players away from us and we are left with the skeleton crew. still a decent crew, but not one capable of overcoming constant horseshit calls against us.

so, it has nothing to do with brasky but it has everything to do with all that our program has been hit in the face with. its tough to take. we just want fair football

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the BIG wants their "decent" teams to be ranked.

In the last 3 BIG games that PSU has played not 1 offensive holding penalty has been against our opposing team. Not 1 fucking time.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand all that.......I just don't believe in any of these conspiracies. Didn't believe in the Nebraska Big 12 conspiracy either. The BIG is powerful enough that it could sustain 5 down seasons in a row and it would still be the most prestigious and storied Conference in the nation. That will never go away. Money will pour into the BIG for as long as we live and the BIG exists.

Not only that, but look at previous games Nebraska has played this season. We've had to overcome bad calls. The Michigan State game was the worst. People think that PI was bad at the end of the game........that was actually just consistent with the 5 PI's they called on us in that game.

If the BIG was trying to help out Nebraska, we wouldn't have had to battle through all the bad calls that we have so far this season.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, tOSU is not eligible and cannot be ranked............so why would the BIG want to help them against Penn State?

Why is tOSU not getting terrible calls against them to help the top eligible teams in the BIG look better?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC they aren't PSU. As fucked up as that sounds, its true.

I want out of the BIG also

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really looking to leave the big or is it just on ur Christmas wish list?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, tOSU is not eligible and cannot be ranked............so why would the BIG want to help them against Penn State?

Why is tOSU not getting terrible calls against them to help the top eligible teams in the BIG look better?

OSU and scUM are the teams that will always run the B1G and always be catered to. you don't think they want OSU going undefeated and being a big story with Meyer going into next year to inflate their ranking?? Its not just been this year, its been a running thing for 20 years with both OSU and scUM. Bottom line, B1G is all about those teams, we've always been viewed as an eastern outsider by them and frankly, they had to do a lot of behind the scenes deals to get the votes to get us in despite the enormous windfall we brought those dickbags financially and opened the Eastern market to them. Looking back, I wish that offer had never came and the plans to join the ACC had been followed through.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you really looking to leave the big or is it just on ur Christmas wish list?

I don't see us ever leaving because of the combined research benefits on the academic side which can't be matched by the ACC. Strictly athletic wise, I'd leave this shithole conference in a heart beat, it will always be about the big 2 and everyone else is just there. I know most PSU fans didn't like it when it happened (my mistake, I was happy about it, didn't realize how bad the OSU/scUM homerism was in this league) and have always wanted to be in ACC