• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proving Amaro is wrong.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amaro has said that he does not care about on base percentage, (mostly when he adds another retread type signing.) However,it simply proves that he is clueless. Boston had an OBP of 349 this year, plus they led the league in runs scored. Detroit had an OBP of 346,and they were 2nd to Boston in runs scored. Boston is in the world series, and Detroit made it to the playoff finals. Why is it that the average fan can figure this out, and Amaro can not? The most important thing that a batter can do at the plate, is not make an out! The more a team gets on base, the more chances they have to score runs. Somebody has to tell Amaro the importance of those stats! But,will he listen?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Northeastphillyguy, the man is brain-dead! I mean OBP is the basis of Money Ball and that computer dude that Billy Bean in Oakland employed is still in Boston and will probably see another WS trophy in the corporate offices in a month or so.

I don't know how this dude got his job but he was one complete train-wreck of a GM and is a consistent screw-up. Somebody in the Phillies organization wth money likes this dope and that fact alone boggles the imagination!

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think that base runners clog the bases.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't need advanced stats/money ball/etc to figure out that OBP is key - the A's have used money ball for years but they haven't won shit when it's mattered because they have nobody to drive them in

Phillies need a good combination of guys that can get on base and guys that can KNOCK them in - things that the Red Sox and Cardinals do well

Ruben is a bum

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies owner loves Amaro for reasons unexplained. However,it is nice to know that we will have big bucks to spend next season,due to the new TV contracts. But any GM can spend money buying players with an unlimited budget. Teams such as Oakland,Tamps,and Pittsburg have real GMs who mix in upcoming youth with some Veterans. They do this year after year with a small budget. Evaluating certain minor leaguers and giving them a full season of major league playing time is the only way to judge if they can become part of the future. I think that we lose that opportunity with Amaro. He actually tries to find fault with the youth,so he can have a reason to spend all the money available. Amaro would never make it with a small budget team.Mainly because he is clueless!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do I PC86 but I think he has been drinking some real funky water because the dude is brain-dead.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RAJ is just like Paul Holmgren - each guy made a blockbuster move(Roy Halladay and Chris Pronger) and while those guys didn't play for a lot of years with their respective teams, those guys were dominant at the time they acquired them and they were great moves and would still be great moves now no matter what - but every other move they've made has just been flat out DUMB

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One great move by this dope provides enough ego boost to make him think that every move he makes is great-which few have been.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies owner loves Amaro for reasons unexplained. However,it is nice to know that we will have big bucks to spend next season,due to the new TV contracts. But any GM can spend money buying players with an unlimited budget. Teams such as Oakland,Tamps,and Pittsburg have real GMs who mix in upcoming youth with some Veterans. They do this year after year with a small budget. Evaluating certain minor leaguers and giving them a full season of major league playing time is the only way to judge if they can become part of the future. I think that we lose that opportunity with Amaro. He actually tries to find fault with the youth,so he can have a reason to spend all the money available. Amaro would never make it with a small budget team.Mainly because he is clueless!

The Amaro-Phillies relationship goes back over 50 years. Ruben's dad played for the Phils in the 60's for 1/2 dozen years - .234 lifetime avg. Jr. was a batboy for the Phillies from 1980–83 when his father, Rubén Amaro, Sr., a former Gold Glove-winning shortstop with the club, was the first base coach. The Amaros are the only father-son combination to ever play for the Phillies. Amaro jr. joined the Phillies front office immediately after his playing career ended in 1998, hired by then Phillies general manager Ed Wade. Wade is now in the front office advising Amaro and likely has much influence. Here's Ruben, Sr.

attachment.php

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ed Wade never had a budget like Amaro has. I doubt if Amaro listens to Wade or anybody else for that matter. Amaro should start listening to Sandburg, I think that he might know how to put a team together. However,Sandburg likes Asche and Ruf, but Amaro does not. Amaro will probably do whatever he wants. Thus, I expect him to overpay for somebody,and/or also,block out some of our young players. At least,until he shows otherwise!

Last edited by a moderator:

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, Caligula is a loser posting on a sports forum on Friday night.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have heard of smart phones, right? You don't need to be home sitting in front of your computer to post on a sports forum.

You have heard of sarcasm, right? You don't need to be completely sincere in everything you say.

Besides, we all know Caligula has a huge social life. His average Saturday night usually involves Derek Lowe, Hooters, and a DUI conviction in College Park.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekends are for amateurs. Caligula, D.Lowe, Chipper and guys of that ilk are more likely to be shit faced hitting on Hooters waitresses at 2:30 am on a Tuesday.

sent from my 1997 Motorola bag phone

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekends are for amateurs. Caligula, D.Lowe, Chipper and guys of that ilk are more likely to be shit faced hitting on Hooters waitresses at 2:30 am on a Tuesday.

sent from my 1997 Motorola bag phone

1997 bagphone? Holy shit, that reliability. Time to upgrade to a flip phone.