• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Prove to me why Iowa wins 6+ games this year...

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe youll be one of those 5-7 teams that gets a bowl game

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not, these new bowl eligibility rules are terrible...that said I am going to respond a bit to this statement:

Missou St. - win - cupcake, Ferentz will treat this as a spring game and get some reps for everyone

If KF gets reps for everyone here I will fall over cause he has not shown the ability to do that...given that though, I think Iowa kids know certainly how much NIU being the first game means especially given that Lynch has Heisman hype...but, NIU is also coming off a huge loss in the BCS where they should not have been, they know they got crushed, there is a new coach there albeit he was the Off Coordinator, but still...that team is going to have a chip and so is Iowa...should be a good game, but Iowa has the edge playing in Kinnick.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron,

I agree. Programs role the dice and if a QB (positional recruit) commits before another...programs go cold unless they have a serious need. And the recruiting system is flawed - I just can't believe that the starting QB for the #1 high school in the country garners ONLY 3-stars. I am looking forward to seeing Rudock run the offense and how he leads the offense!!!

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gengljer,

I agree. The ratings system is flawed. Yes, KF has had tremendous success at Iowa with 3-star or less recruits. And given the roller coaster pattern that KF has had...maybe it is time for the ride to the top to begin this year.

gengljer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gives a rats ass if he is 3 star or 5 star or doesn't garner a scholarship. Coaches don't just look at the stupid rankings and then offer every 4 and 5 QB a scholarship and when they say no, ok, we'll lets look at the 3 stars... They look at fit for their system. Most "athletes" position ranked guys everyone wants because they can fill several needs. Returners, or maybe be able to come in at DB then switch to WR, or vice versus. Iowa would love to have a guy with Taylor Martinez's speed but certainly wouldn't want him at QB. So why offer a guy like that a QB scholarship, if you don't even think he'll fit your system. Hell, we brought Robert Gallery in as a TE, and moved him to OL. Even Iowa didn't see him as an OL when they recruited him. Kids change, recruiting rankings are junk.

The fact, 3 star rating or not, that Rudock played at the highest high school level and succeeded garnered him a look and he liked Iowa enough based on our Pro Style offense, to take the scholarship.

This pistol, or wildcat thing is a flash in the pan. You are going to see guys like RGIII and Russell Wilson succeed at that early on, but sooner or later are going to have to figure out how to pocket pass. RGIII already had a serious injury. With what they pay NFL QB'ers..they can't afford to turn the QB position into a QB by committee.

Where am I going with that. Denard Robinson had HUGE success at Michigan, but in the NFL, no one wants him as a QB. Denard Robinson was what Rich Rod wanted in a QB, and he didn't care about him making it to the NFL as a QB.

Last edited by a moderator:

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm attempting to view Iowa's schedule and how difficult it may or may not be based on the game before our scheduled opponent:

No. Illinois -
Missouri St - hosted Northwestern St
Iowa St - bye week to prepare for Iowa after hosting UNI
Western Michigan - @ Northwestern
@ Minnesota - hosted San Jose St
Michigan St - bye week to prepare for Iowa after playing @ Notre Dame
Bye week for Iowa
@ Ohio St - bye week to prepare for Iowa after playing @ Northwestern
Northwestern - hosted Minnesota
Wisconsin - bye week to prepare for Iowa after playing @ Northwestern
@ Purdue - @ Ohio St
Bye week for Iowa
Michigan - @ Northwestern
@ Nebraska - @ Penn St

Two questions: 1) How good will Northwestern be this season? 2) How much of an impact will Northwestern on this years' Iowa team?

Iowa has four opponents that are coming off of a bye week: Iowa St, Michigan St, Ohio St, and Wisconsin. Obviously, these teams get an extra week to prepare for Iowa. As indicated above, it looks like Northwestern can have a big impact on how Iowa's season goes down. I'm not certain how physical Northwestern will play this year???

Iowa gets two weeks to prepare for @ Ohio St and Michigan.

Overall, if Iowa just takes care of business - none of this will matter. I do have concern with the four opponents that have a bye week before playing Iowa. I also am concerned with how often Northwestern pops up on the schedule.

Go Hawks!!

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proof. Iowa has over 6 wins.