• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Protective caps a scam?

steveringo

People's Front of Judea
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article:

Nightengale: No excuse for gap in pitcher protection

Tampa Bay Rays pitcher Alex Cobb, who suffered a concussion and missed two months last season when hit in the head on a line drive, is infuriated. Can you blame him?
"l thought it was implied when they passed an MLB-ready cap,'' Cobb said Thursday, "that it would be in the locker room, available, accessible. There hasn't been anything available to us. So I don't know where we're supposed to go online and get our own, but we haven't seen anything yet.
"It just seems like a gimmick just to cover their end.''
"I thought they were going to have them down here in spring training,'' Reds reliever Sam LeCure said. "I know I was curious. I thought we'd be able to see how they'd feel.
"But if they're approved, why are they not at our disposal?
"I'd at least like to have the opportunity to make a fair decision. If it felt uncomfortable, I wouldn't wear it. But if I got hit in the head, I'd feel like a dumbass for not. Give me the option.''
"This is way bigger than baseball,'' Reds outfielder Jay Bruce said. "We're worried about his life, his well-being, not baseball. We know it's a dangerous game. There are injuries all of the time. Hopefully, the rules committee and others will dive into this.''