• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Props to Hazell and the Boilermakers

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darrell Hazel got his 2nd B1G win in 3 years today as head coach of the Purdue Boilermakers. I wonder if the team they beat is embarrassed?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Nebraska....

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad for Nebraska....
I feel bad for the better and realistic posters on here, but there are a few of them that deserve every second of this shit.

Wait...I think I read that wrong...I feel sorry for them if they have to live in Nebraska too...

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are forgetting, it is the first HOME B1G win for Hazell. This made the Riley gift that much more special.

Let me see.

Purdue had the worst rush defense in the B1G.

The game plan was to throw it.

I watched most of the game, on EVERY third down opportunity I watched, Nebraska passed the ball. Yes, 3rd and 2, pass. 3rd and 3, pass. 3rd and 4 pass. Two of those third downs turned into interceptions and one of the third downs was a snap over the QB head for a lost fumble. I believe all of the those TOs turned into TDs.

Pretty much every time Nebraska gave the ball to a running back, it was positive yardage. Yet, in the press conference Riley specifically mentioned all the TFLs is why Nebraska went away from the run game. The TFLs were on blown up jet sweeps that were called near the Nebraska end zone and sacks of the QB. For me, Riley completely made that one up and a Nebraska media guy wasn't buying what Riley was selling.

This is the first time in school history Nebraska has lost six games before the month of November. Impressive.

The Purdue coaches actually watched game film and saw that on 3rd down and pass plays, the QB can run and run and run. So what did Purdue run on 3rd down and pass plays? The QB ran. His first run was for 56 yards and a TD.

A Purdue QB that had thrown 4 interceptions and 2 TDs in his previous B1G games, threw 4 TDs and zero interceptions.

Luckily, Michigan State comes to Lincoln next week, and Mike Riley is known for upsetting teams that his coaches should not be able to coach to a win. After all, he was something like 4-21 in those games. Oh the crap the Riley sunshine pumpers spewed on December 4 that I could use is quite large.

An athletic director has a simple job, if you want to win football, you hire a winner. That is it. There are a LOT of coaches out there that have a proven winning record, and maybe one of them would have accepted the job at Nebraska.

This AD fired Pelini on Saturday. Told the players in an email on Saturday night. Had no idea who the next coach would be. Called Mike Riley on Sunday and setup an interview on Wednesday. Had a 2 hour interview, and extended Riley a $2,7000,000 contract for the first year. Announced the hiring four days after firing Pelini. No plan whatsoever.

I want it clear, Pelini needed to be fired. He hated the scrutinization at Nebraska and he lashed out at everyone, even players(but not too many). He and Eichorst hated each other.

The Nebraska baseball coach has mentioned that he has not had one conversation with the Athletic Director. They have been at the same school for three years now, and the AD has NEVER talked to the baseball coach? Sure, Nebraska is not a hot baseball school, but he is a former Nebraska football and baseball player and he was an all star in baseball. He was a PROVEN winner, I don't think Eichorst likes winners.

Fire Eichorst.