• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Proof that AP Poll has SEC on their Minds

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who ranked A&M will say "they lost to really good teams and we think they'd beat the teams behind them " which in theory is fine . But none of them will keep A&M ranked next week after they just lost to another really good team and are now 3-3. So it certainly does give the appearance of ranking them at 3-2 as some sort of "help " to top tier SEC opponents
:dingdingding:
Those pollsters that drop A&M now are just a bunch of hypocrits. If they thought they'd beat those team behind them BEFORE playing the #1 or #2 ranked team in Alabama, they damn well should think they could beat those same teams AFTER losing to the #1 or #2 ranked team. A&M is basically the same team this week as they were last week. Hell, in reality, A&M may even be a better team this week than they were last week!

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that they should've been out, especially after the Arkansas game . Im just not sure if there's enough voters that think " hey, we need to keep am ranked for bama's sake"

There aren’t. TAMU shouldn’t have been ranked (and they weren’t in my poll), but why would the sportswriters and coaches rank them to help Alabama? I’m quite sure plenty of sportswriters can’t stand Alabama. Hell, the ones in Cali probably support Dickhead Newsom’s travel ban to Alabama and several other SEC states.

I get people being upset TAMU was ranked (although the competition at 24 is between quite a few teams that aren’t that good, either), but claiming some national conspiracy to prop up the flagship school in one of the most unpopular states in the country is just plain retarded.

BTW, I couldn’t give less of a fuck where anyone ranks TAMU OR Bama.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now dont get me twisted, i usually dont give two rats ass about the SEC except for Bama and LSU, mainly because they are the only two teams that have been worth a shit over the past 10 years. Yeah Florida makes a sporadic appearance and Georgia has been doing it good the past few years but on a scale of actual competitiveness consistency its Bama and LSU. However, WTF was Texas A&M doing in the top 25 this week with a record of 3-2 other than to give Bama a win over a top 25 team. Mizzou was 4-1 (now 5-1), hell even UCF was 4-2 (one more win), and a few other teams just outside the top 25 has better records than A&M. It makes absolutely no friggen sense to put A&M in the top 25 other than to try and help boost other SEC teams schedules. Its just absolutely absurd.

Side Note... SMU keep going strong, you can do it. (only texas team i root for)
Auburn has won a national championship and played for another in the last 10 years.

Has Oklahoma?

Your post is just ignorant.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO, i waas about to say they were 3-2 before even playing Bama, now their 3-3. Hell i would take Minnesota over A&M right now if they played and if i had money to bet.

I don't think they should be ranked...particularly not now, but thinking a team is shitty because they lost to Auburn, Alabama and Clemson is the sort of dumb thinking that would get you to put money on a Minnesota team that would get boat raced by all 3. Texas A&M would also be 6-0 against the same schedule.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they should be ranked...particularly not now, but thinking a team is shitty because they lost to Auburn, Alabama and Clemson is the sort of dumb thinking that would get you to put money on a Minnesota team that would get boat raced by all 3. Texas A&M would also be 6-0 against the same schedule.
I don’t go to message boards for betting help. But if I did, I would look at his picks and bet against any team he picks.

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the spirit of this thread, I will be voting Ohio State and Wisconsin #1 and #2 this week.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And nobody cares that Alabama beat A&M when they were ranked #24. Just does not matter at all. FWIW, Alabama won @ South Carolina a few weeks ago. I bet Georgia wishes they had a win over South Carolina! lol.

Before the year is over, Alabama is going to be tested. They will either pass or fail. LSU, @ Auburn and the SEC Championship Game (if they get there) will all be ball busters. If they don't get there, it will not matter.

So, on to next week!
This. Could care less where Bama is ranked right now … since it's little more than a beauty contest.

It'll all wash out in the end, and Bama will either be poised to play for another NC, or they won't.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I thought they should've been in for sure that year. It's really just having to hear it from them (y'all, haha). '''Well, remember when we beat ranked A&M on the road....by 11 more points?" It doesn't matter at all though, you right
That is fair! I've never been one of those guys and promise never to be one. Either way, enjoyed the conversation in the middle of the night waiting for those damn western teams to wrap stuff up. Cheers!

:suds:

BadMotoWeazal

Got Dirt?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't really give a shit whether a team is ranked or not. I can't worry about things my team has no control over. AP & Coaches Polls are compiled by people all over the US. You can't tell me there isn't some Bama hate/fatigue out there but at the same time I've heard people say "They Want Bama".

All that matters is that your team is in the top 4 at the end of the season. Bama's defense is young & they are the weak link. Hopefully by the time LSU comes to T-Town they'll have their shit somewhat together. It's gonna play out one way or another & I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol at caring about rankings in October. Keep winning and it will all work out for you cupcakes

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Auburn has bought a national championship and played for another in the last 10 years.

Has Oklahoma?

Your post is just ignorant.
FIFY

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They paid for a church.

tenor.gif

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Fischer is coach alone should keep them from being ranked.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC teams other than Alabama are overrated and Ohio State gets more credit for beating tomato cans than anyone in CFB.

Also, water is wet.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC teams other than Alabama are overrated and Ohio State gets more credit for beating tomato cans than anyone in CFB.

Also, water is wet.

A score between LSU and Ohio State this year might be played in the 50s.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the spirit of this thread, I will be voting Ohio State and Wisconsin #1 and #2 this week.

Might as well...get it in while you can.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now dont get me twisted, i usually dont give two rats ass about the SEC except for Bama and LSU, mainly because they are the only two teams that have been worth a shit over the past 10 years. Yeah Florida makes a sporadic appearance and Georgia has been doing it good the past few years but on a scale of actual competitiveness consistency its Bama and LSU. However, WTF was Texas A&M doing in the top 25 this week with a record of 3-2 other than to give Bama a win over a top 25 team. Mizzou was 4-1 (now 5-1), hell even UCF was 4-2 (one more win), and a few other teams just outside the top 25 has better records than A&M. It makes absolutely no friggen sense to put A&M in the top 25 other than to try and help boost other SEC teams schedules. Its just absolutely absurd.

Side Note... SMU keep going strong, you can do it. (only texas team i root for)
UCF? Really?