• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Professional Wrestling

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Respect on the clip. That was a young heel Hulk for sure, which may be why not a lot of reaction. I will say three things about the Hulkster. One, dude was a big dude. Sure Andre looked bigger, but the Hulkster didn't look all that small. Second, okay, the Hulkster had only a couple of moves in the ring, but the guy could sell like a fucker. I will say it, I think he is the top five best sellers in wrestling. And finally, dude is a major lying asshole.

Hogan actually could work, if the promoter let him.

Check out some of his Japan stuff. Dude could go.

The rest, yeah. Hogan the backstage politician? Fuck that mother fucker.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan actually could work, if the promoter let him.

Check out some of his Japan stuff. Dude could go.

The rest, yeah. Hogan the backstage politician? Fuck that mother fucker.

Hogan claimed that Metallica contacted him to replace Cliff Burton as a bassist. Metallica denied that.

He claimed that because him traveling back and forth in Japan he worked 400 nights a year! in a year!

anyways, this is a fun read.

The Mad Lies of Hulk Hogan | Frantic Planet dot blog

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think my favorite match of all time was taker vs Mankind.. hell in a cell.. that was just crazy

Not to be a contrarian, but I recently re-watched that "match" and I have to say, I can't think of it as a match. I think of it as a spot fest or a spectacle. Now, not saying it wasn't entertaining or captivating. Not taking away anything from Mick's and especially Mark's wrestling abilities (Mark might be the best bigman wrestler ever). But in a true sense that was not a match. there was very little wrestling involved. Now, it did showed us that Mick has a pair the sizes of Michigan. And again, it was fun as hell (no pun), but is not a match the way I think of Terry Funk vs Rick Flair I quit match. I enjoyed the first Hell in the Cell between Shawn and Taker.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Mr. Perfect talk reminded me that when I was a kid, I use to practice his towel toss and gum smack. I got it down pretty good. Yep, I'm a badass

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched wrasslin' from '75 on.

Grew up on Killer Karl Cox, Col. Buck Robley, Dick Murdoch, Bill Watts, Skandor Akbar, Danny Hodge, Mr. Wrestling #2, Dusty Rhodes....

My favorite matches were any featuring Mick Foley. Dude went there.

Kenneth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of Cena, it has zero to do with the PG rating or trying to match up to the Attitude Era. It has to do with him being treated as this untouchable superhero who can never lose clean. "LOL Cena Wins". Ryback has no chance at beating Cena. Predictable wrestling is the worst wrestling I can think of, besides that shitty backyard shit.

When people think of the Attitude Era, they think of the cussing, beer, middle fingers, and tits and ass. The WWE does not need any of that to put out a quality program.

What they need is compelling stories. They need to use the talent to their utmost abilities. They rarely do that. They rely on one or two top guys without developing guys who can step in and take their place if they get injured. That's why they have had to rely on part timers like HHH, Lesnar, Taker, and the Rock.

That's why you have Cena and Punk working hurt without getting any time off. The WWE cant afford to have both Punk and Cena out. They shit on Bryan. They shit on Cesaro. They shit on Rhodes. They shit on Sandow. By "shit on" I mean have them win meaningless championships and slowly become jobbers.

The only bright spot right now as far as booking is the Shield. Heels who are booked strong and not as cowards? Unheard of in the past 6-7 years.

Oh and the "Divas". They have some exceptional talent on their roster but the give them farting gimmicks or only give them 3 min matches where the wrestle for a belt that looks like something out of a Lisa Frank catalog.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mickie-james-v-lick-o.gif

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the topic of Cena, it has zero to do with the PG rating or trying to match up to the Attitude Era. It has to do with him being treated as this untouchable superhero who can never lose clean. "LOL Cena Wins". Ryback has no chance at beating Cena. Predictable wrestling is the worst wrestling I can think of, besides that shitty backyard shit.

When people think of the Attitude Era, they think of the cussing, beer, middle fingers, and tits and ass. The WWE does not need any of that to put out a quality program.

What they need is compelling stories. They need to use the talent to their utmost abilities. They rarely do that. They rely on one or two top guys without developing guys who can step in and take their place if they get injured. That's why they have had to rely on part timers like HHH, Lesnar, Taker, and the Rock.

That's why you have Cena and Punk working hurt without getting any time off. The WWE cant afford to have both Punk and Cena out. They shit on Bryan. They shit on Cesaro. They shit on Rhodes. They shit on Sandow. By "shit on" I mean have them win meaningless championships and slowly become jobbers.

The only bright spot right now as far as booking is the Shield. Heels who are booked strong and not as cowards? Unheard of in the past 6-7 years.

Oh and the "Divas". They have some exceptional talent on their roster but the give them farting gimmicks or only give them 3 min matches where the wrestle for a belt that looks like something out of a Lisa Frank catalog.

I think WWE is working on bringing in fresh blood. Fandango is still money, now with Bray Wyatt too. Plus they given Curtis Axel a bit of a rub.

As for Cena, he did lose to CM Punk clean twice. I didn't like that he was going to beat The Shield by himself, I thought that was dumb.

Anyways, I can see in two or three years Dean Ambrose headlining a ppv. That guy is a star, the new Terry Funk.

Kenneth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think WWE is working on bringing in fresh blood. Fandango is still money, now with Bray Wyatt too. Plus they given Curtis Axel a bit of a rub.

As for Cena, he did lose to CM Punk clean twice. I didn't like that he was going to beat The Shield by himself, I thought that was dumb.

Anyways, I can see in two or three years Dean Ambrose headlining a ppv. That guy is a star, the new Terry Funk.
I'm not a fan of Fandango. Unless he's gonna hook me up with some cheap movie tickets.

The Shield and Bray Wyatt are at the top of my list right now. I've been biding my time until the Wyatt family got called up. Both of them are being booked by HHH, so that's why I have a lot of hope for them.

The rest of creative, and Vince, are still churning out the same old Hogan era BS. Why the fuck would they wait until Cesaro starts getting over to saddle him with that shitty yodeling gimmick.

I just think outside of the Shield, the booking has been terrible. Especially with Cena. I honestly can't believe they tried to sell us on Cena being the underdog against the Rock when we ALL knew Rock was just a transitional champ that got the belt off Punk to give it to Cena.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Fandango. Unless he's gonna hook me up with some cheap movie tickets.

The Shield and Bray Wyatt are at the top of my list right now. I've been biding my time until the Wyatt family got called up. Both of them are being booked by HHH, so that's why I have a lot of hope for them.

The rest of creative, and Vince, are still churning out the same old Hogan era BS. Why the fuck would they wait until Cesaro starts getting over to saddle him with that shitty yodeling gimmick.

I just think outside of the Shield, the booking has been terrible. Especially with Cena. I honestly can't believe they tried to sell us on Cena being the underdog against the Rock when we ALL knew Rock was just a transitional champ that got the belt off Punk to give it to Cena.

The whole Rock vs Cena. Last year, I felt that Cena owned, yes, owned the Rock on the mic. In fact, I felt that Cena was too good, that he had to change the angle of the match, from Cena thinking the Rock didn't care for the fans, into Cena wanting to be the best. But, I can't fault them for the whole Rock Cena thing. The Rock is going to sell a lot of ppvs. Now, the Rock won last year, so in real life, yes, Cena would be the underdog. and you have to book for the regular fans, not the smarks.

I love Fandango, but he has lost some steam. I wish he would go back to be more of a dick, like refusing to fight because they can't get his name right.

Bray Wyatt, over the moon on that guy. I find it incredible that he is the son from one of the most boring wrestlers. Oh, and here is a guy that I think could be money if given the chance, Titus O'neil, looks great and is really quick on his feet with the mic.

did you heard that Jim Ross was in talks with the NFL to get NFL players that wash out to join developmental?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Mr. Perfect talk reminded me that when I was a kid, I use to practice his towel toss and gum smack. I got it down pretty good. Yep, I'm a badass

LOL @ the gum smack. Still do it to this day on occasion...

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Batista has said in the past, Cena killed hardcore wrestling. It's just not the same anymore.

The attitude era was sooooo much better. I miss that a lot.

sjsharksfan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Hardy seriously a crackhead now? I dont watch TNA so wouldnt know what he is like now. THought he was badass in WWE

Both of Matt and Jeff Hardy are drug addicts. I think that's why WWE let them go.

Kenneth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole Rock vs Cena. Last year, I felt that Cena owned, yes, owned the Rock on the mic. In fact, I felt that Cena was too good, that he had to change the angle of the match, from Cena thinking the Rock didn't care for the fans, into Cena wanting to be the best. But, I can't fault them for the whole Rock Cena thing. The Rock is going to sell a lot of ppvs. Now, the Rock won last year, so in real life, yes, Cena would be the underdog. and you have to book for the regular fans, not the smarks.

I love Fandango, but he has lost some steam. I wish he would go back to be more of a dick, like refusing to fight because they can't get his name right.

Bray Wyatt, over the moon on that guy. I find it incredible that he is the son from one of the most boring wrestlers. Oh, and here is a guy that I think could be money if given the chance, Titus O'neil, looks great and is really quick on his feet with the mic.

did you heard that Jim Ross was in talks with the NFL to get NFL players that wash out to join developmental?

It wasn't the underdog stuff that bothered me. It was how Cena acted as if losing that one match fucked an entire year. That would be understandable if he didn't go right out and continue to compete for the WWE title. If he went on a losing streak and was getting beat by guys like Justin Gabriel, Cesaro, Rhodes, etc then I could buy that story. Losing to the Rock had zero effect on Cena.

Ambrose said it best when he said Cena lives in his own bubble and never suffers any consequences. Lose to the Rock? Get a WWE title shot. Lose in the MITB cash in? Still get another title shot a month later. It's played out.

The Iron Horse

Smartass
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Batista has said in the past, Cena killed hardcore wrestling. It's just not the same anymore.

The attitude era was sooooo much better. I miss that a lot.

I enjoyed the attitude era a great deal, but when I look back at it, there wasn't a lot of good wrestling. there are very few matches that stick out in my mind. I am enjoy a great deal the current deal. The Shield is running wild, Fandango is playing a great scared heel, the Wyatts are around the corner. AND I ACTUALLY ENJOY JOHN CENA.